What the bible warns us about.

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,942.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We see in Second Corinthians that the false apostles did signs and wonders. Paul said they were being deceived by the angels of light. They were in their church. We see another thing the false brothers were doing. They were exploiting the church for money. They also dominated the church, and there were several of them. So my question is, are miracles the way to tell if they are from God? The Roman Catholic brothers and sisters have miracles also. They have bleeding statues, bleeding hands, and oil dripping from their hands too.

Have you ever heard of Christ Gospel Churches International? It's listed at Wiki. Sister Hicks is the founder. I was told one time by a Church of God pastor, whose grandmother worked at a particular Christ Gospel congregation, that blood ran down the walls of the sanctuary during a service. I believe that Sister Hicks' followers have archived her sermons and they still watch those videos regularly as though it is being in the presence of her. Talk about the work of the Devil/the demonic! There are a lot of things that go on that many shrug off as fiction, but the truth is that there are a lot of false teachers and false prophets and, I hate to say it, but charismatics are often the first to give money to them and buy their books. Charismatics, and I am one, need to look more toward the Giver instead of looking for gifts and signs. Read your Bible. God Almighty will test your discernment. If you don't think your discernment has ever been tested then you probably don't have any.

Upvote 0

JSGuitarist

Παρα σοι ιλασμος εστιν
Mar 7, 2008
✟9,364.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me that you have disquailfied every single miricale worker of our present day.

bugkiller

I doubt it's every single one, perhaps a majority. I know some who claim miracles under their ministry whom I wouldn't doubt it's true because so far as I can see they have great concern with godliness, and godliness does not come from the devil--legalism does, but not godliness. As I said before, the individual is not perfect, and even with the best of men you will find that they still have sin (they probably see more of their own sin that you do), but looking over the scope of their life you should be able to see those fruits and say that they are true of that person.

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

The only 2 commands that Jesus gave, was to love Him with all hour hearts mind soul and strength, and our neighbor as ourself. ALL other stuff is works of the flesh that amount to nothing.
As far as I can see only one being on the earth the Lord Jesus Christ has done that. If we think by trying to do it we will get somewhere it becomes a work and not the gift of grace that was given.

Upvote 0