Discussion What style of worship music in your church?

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
All the pentecostal churches I’ve attended in almost 30 years all had contemporary worship music and had a standard praise band. Is it the same for everyone here?
I like traditional music, but I'm quite comfortable with alternative worship styles.

Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every church I've gone to was non-denominational and played contemporary music like Hillsong United, Jesus Culture, Bethel Music, Chris Tomlin, Kari Jobe, etc. That's my preferred worship type, to me it just seems deeper and more intimate. These are some of my favorite classic worship songs I've heard in church a bunch-

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy singing old time-y hymns best of all. However, I don't mind if there is only contemporary music, as long as it's tailored for the congregation to actually sing and be heard, as opposed to a worship time that's a rock concert and the congregation is basically just backup singers to the backup singers on stage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deffinetly not penticostal or charismatic.
We have a music group with some talented musisans in it.
They play a range of music and seek to keep the pastor aware of any new or relevent Christian music.
So services can have traditional hymns with old or new tunes, reworking of trad hymns in new arrangements and tunes.
Modern spiritual songs as well as older spiritual songs.

What matters is will those words and music enable us to worship God.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hymns remind me too much of my dead religious days, so I steer away from churches that sing much of them, which means that I look for contemporary worship and Charismatic teaching.

I find it disturbing that there are no churches with music too "young" for me. Where are the churches using screamo and rap to acknowledge the unfathomable greatness of God?

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keep in mind that the same people who deem that the hymns are most scripturally sound also don't know the difference between "grace" "mercy" and "salvation" and believe that when we're all born God spins one of a few roulette wheels and if we're born in the U.S. we have about a 200,000 to one chance of being damned, if we're born in most of Europe it's 300,000:1, most of Africa maybe 1.5million:1, and a Muslim country about 50million:1, and that somehow makes God more sovereign than if He does what His word says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums