New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, when I was younger (13-15) I was living a life of sin. I was sinning so much and was not a Christian at the time. At the time, there was a great division in my family over a particular sin someone may have or may not committed. This caused a huge fight and to this day there is still division because of this particular sin. I'm afraid I could have been the one who actually committed this particular sin because I was living a bad sinful life during that time. I don't recall doing this particular sin but I know I was lost.

Please tell me what should I do? Should I tell my family? Also, Will Christ forgive me for something I think I could have done (not sure though) and I actually did it? Thank you

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, when I was younger (13-15) I was living a life of sin. I was sinning so much and was not a Christian at the time. At the time, there was a great division in my family over a particular sin someone may have or may not committed. This caused a huge fight and to this day there is still division because of this particular sin. I'm afraid I could have been the one who actually committed this particular sin because I was living a bad sinful life during that time. I don't recall doing this particular sin but I know I was lost.

Please tell me what should I do? Should I tell my family? Also, Will Christ forgive me for something I think I could have done (not sure though) and I actually did it? Thank you

I would say this….God loves a confident person that can stand up and take responsibility for something that they may or may not have done. Is it honorable to stand and take responsibility for something that we have done? Sure, but even the Pagens do that. How much more, then, does God love a person who takes responsibility when they don't have to! (Sounds like Jesus being led to the Cross, eh?)

Great leaders are honored and recognized for taking responsibility, and know this, when you demonstrate an amazing example for others to follow, this, too, will have an effect that can carry on for generations. And I know this....that if you were to go to your family and make it simple and tell them exactly what you told us, which is that you could be fully responsible and that you'll take care of it so as to put the family back together....if you did this, I would be very proud to know you. That's strength. That's what a mature person would do, and there aren't many. If you do this kind of work in this world, you will come to understand that Heaven will [not] be crowded. And think about that for a minute.

Great post for us all to ponder as many of us have something similar in our hearts and lives that we could repair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say this….God loves a confident person that can stand up and take responsibility for something that they may or may not have done. Is it honorable to stand and take responsibility for something that we have done? Sure, but even the Pagens do that. How much more, then, does God love a person who takes responsibility when they don't have to! (Sounds like Jesus being led to the Cross, eh?)

Great leaders are honored and recognized for taking responsibility, and know this, when you demonstrate an amazing example for others to follow, this, too, will have an effect that can carry on for generations. And I know this....that if you were to go to your family and make it simple and tell them exactly what you told us, which is that you could be fully responsible and that you'll take care of it so as to put the family back together....if you did this, I would be very proud to know you. That's strength. That's what a mature person would do, and there aren't many. If you do this kind of work in this world, you will come to understand that Heaven will [not] be crowded.

Great post for us all to ponder as many of us have something similar in our hearts and lives that we could repair.

Thank you very much. I would just hate to think that this particular sin actually happened and it was me who committed it. Unfortunately, a lot of harm has been caused because of this and when I address this to my family, I still sadly believe things still won't be repaired. Some of the family doesn't even talk to us and are pretty bad people.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you very much. I would just hate to think that this particular sin actually happened and it was me who committed it. Unfortunately, a lot of harm has been caused because of this and when I address this to my family, I still sadly believe things still won't be repaired. Some of the family doesn't even talk to us and are pretty bad people.

Hey now, if you believe that things won't be repaired, then things are much less likely to be repaired. But if you are strong, and have a belief system that sees success in the future, then your chances of people stepping up and getting behind you are increased. So what makes your strong point possible is confidence. If you believe that you are a good person, deep inside, taking responsibility is much easier. But you have a bit of a sinful past, as we all do, that seems to still be weighing in on your conscience. No one is perfect, for it's impossible. So that was the start for me to begin the realization process that I didn't need people to view me as perfect anymore. Man, that's just so old and boring now.

So look beyond your own failures and peer into the future and place bucket loads of expectant confidence into this situation. Believe! Believe and do not doubt! Look, there is a reason for why Jesus taught us to believe without doubt....because on the spiritual plane, belief is the golden key!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy444777
Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would just hate to think that this particular sin actually happened and it was me who committed it.

Is there no way to investigate this event and see if it actually happened?

While I believe taking the bullet for the family is noble it seems more productive to uncover the truth and then respond as needed.

Upvote 0

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there no way to investigate this event and see if it actually happened?

While I believe taking the bullet for the family is noble it seems more productive to uncover the truth and then respond as needed.
Unfortunately not really.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

yes you should definitely tell your family,honesty is always the answer,and tell them everything that is in your heart,God always forgives,pray to God also,I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes you should definitely tell your family,honesty is always the answer,and tell them everything that is in your heart,God always forgives,pray to God also,I will be praying for you.
Thank you. Jesus bless you

Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what should I do? Should I tell my family? Also, Will Christ forgive me for something I think I could have done

By all means talk about being a Christian. Do ensure that you can explain the reasons for your faith and ask family members how can the rift be resolved.

Sometimes people enjoy being 'hurt' and blaimimg the 'others' for lt and don't want the cause of their complaint to be removed.
You won't knoiw untill you ask.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, may Jeremy come to know that Jesus died for all sins, and forgives all sins of those that come to Him for salvation and for cleansing from sin. 1 John 1:9; Romans 6:11-14; 1 John 3:9. Give him guidances, encouragement, motivation, knowledge, and determination to apply all of this to bring himself peace, if not others as well. Amen.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Standing in prayer agreement for needed strength. Your past is forgiven when you ask Jesus to forgive you.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums