North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am in a dilemma! I am about to graduate from a dental assisting program, but it has taken me longer than usual because of medical problems. Halfway through the program i found out that was not what i wanted to do with my life, i wanted to work with kids. There were so many "doors closing" with dentistry and "doors opening" with teaching. I have so much fun around kids, and love tutoring and teaching kids stuff. But i know the school system can be rough. I am so close that i am going to finish, but i don’t know if i should be a pediatric dental assistant, or an elementary school teacher. What should I do???

f U z ! o N

I fall like a sparrow and fly like a kite
Apr 20, 2005
Neptune
✟1,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
puregrl said:
I am in a dilemma! I am about to graduate from a dental assisting program, but it has taken me longer than usual because of medical problems. Halfway through the program i found out that was not what i wanted to do with my life, i wanted to work with kids. There were so many "doors closing" with dentistry and "doors opening" with teaching. I have so much fun around kids, and love tutoring and teaching kids stuff. But i know the school system can be rough. I am so close that i am going to finish, but i don’t know if i should be a pediatric dental assistant, or an elementary school teacher. What should I do???
i think you should go with what your heart feels and where God is leading you. do what you love and you will be happy.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod20

Sep 16, 2005
✟897.00
Faith
Christian
i agree w/ adela. plus, it'll always be good to have the dental astistant degree even if u do go into teaching bc u may have trouble finding a teaching job, or u may feel like takin a break from kids for a while. so i think it'll be good to have that to fall back on if teaching doesn't work out exactly the way u planned

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
puregrl said:
i am getting my dental assisting degree, but i still am unsure if i want to persue a teaching degree. I know I am ment to work with kids, cause thats where i feel God leading me, but i know the preassure of a teaching job! hmm, thanks!

Go with where God is calling you. You can guarentee that when you choose God you are making the right decision. Every job has its up and downs and "pressures"... that's just how it is. But you can't go by that alone.

Remember that just because you choose to do one thing does not mean that you are stuck with it for life. I myself want to be a professor for a little while, but I know if I don't like it I can always do something else as i'm not limited.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Finish what you started. You are almost done so it is not a great outlay of money or effort at this point. Once you have compleated this program, you could work in this field while you continue your education.

Bear in mind that there are many avenues through which one can work with children, classrom teacher is only one of them. Many medical areas use nurse/educators to help children learn about managing their diseases and treatments. There is also speech pathology, audiology, physical therapy etc. All can focus on children.

Upvote 0

JMRE5150

Was Lost, Now Found!
Nov 21, 2003
Levittown, PA
Visit site
✟2,617.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
bliz said:
Finish what you started. You are almost done so it is not a great outlay of money or effort at this point. Once you have compleated this program, you could work in this field while you continue your education.

Bear in mind that there are many avenues through which one can work with children, classrom teacher is only one of them. Many medical areas use nurse/educators to help children learn about managing their diseases and treatments. There is also speech pathology, audiology, physical therapy etc. All can focus on children.

Agreed.

Like myself, you can always get two degrees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NavyWife40

Dec 11, 2005
Washington
Visit site
✟15,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
bliz said:

I agree with this...I went to cosmetology school a few years ago, and even though I liked it and worked in that field for a while, it was not what I wanted to keep doing as a long term career. So now I am doing something else, and asking God for direction as far as more college goes and such, but I will always keep my cosmetology license because it is something that I can use to fall back on if I ever needed a job. Plus it is nice to give free haircuts and such to my family...So if I were you, I would continue to pray and seek God's will, and maybe start out woking as a dental assistant until you know what to do right..Good luck!

Upvote 0

CandleLightSky

Dec 24, 2005
✟15,332.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you think you are supposed to be teaching that's great, but since your so close to finishing I don't see why you cannot just finish the program up, find a job, and then go back later to get your teaching certificate...you have plenty of time to get a new career going and either way your going to need cash and your dental asistant work will give you what you need to further education and live off of.

Upvote 0

mylittlelambs

Nov 17, 2005
PA
✟631.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
puregrl said:

Sounds like God is Closing doors and opening them. I would suggest to pray and go thru open doors instead of trying to open closed doors.

Upvote 0