Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it's hard to live in a fallen world; but then, imagine if the world was perfect. We'd be so bored that our brains would ooze out of our noses. As it is, there's lots to do: we can shout to the Lord and make a joyful noise; we can praise the Lord in the streets unashamed of His Gospel; we can pray for a world that so needs Jesus; we can share Christ with everyone; we can get persecuted, beaten, ostracized, and imprisoned for Christ; we can do God's work, overcome evil with good, and store up much treasure in heaven. WooHoo!!
Amen brother

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right and wrong is determined in our society today by whatever the majority wants through the voting system
This is what makes us human. This all began with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden with the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. This was when the cerebral cortex in man's brain began to evolve to the point where he was able to make a choice between good and evil -- right and wrong.

We can be partakers with Christ. If we join with Him to suffer for the world then we can be Glorified with Him when He is Revealed.

17 And if we are children,then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ — if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him. 18 I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. (Romans 8)

There are people that believe the Church age is ending and the Kingdom age or 1,000 year reign of Christ is beginning. So the world will not longer be repressed & subjected to bondage. Romans 8:21 "Creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David slept with another man's wife and deliberately sent that same man to his death : and God called david a man after his own heart : mysterious are the ways of the Lord : Isaiah 55(8&9)
10 Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you have despised Me and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.’ 11 This is what the LORD says: ‘I will raise up adversity against you from your own house. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to another, and he will lie with them in broad daylight. 12 You have acted in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’” 2Samuel12:11

By his own admission David deserved to die. Only God loves us and He sent Jesus to Calvary to die for us in our place. If we follow the scarlet thread -- the genealogy of Jesus, Solomon is in there.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
It is totally untrue what you are saying : If you try any if those things you mentioned you will be arrested : You must be living in a cave or something !
Scott lively, possibly most famous as the father of Uganda's 'Kill the Gays Bill' has written an entire book claiming that Hitler and all of the leadership of the SS and Nazi party were homosexuals and that gays planed and executed the holocaust.
Not arrested.

Paul Cameron of the Family research council presented plans to SUrgeon General C. Everett Koop for massive detainment camps for homosexuals. The camps woudl be self sustaining by selling tickets to families to come and view the execution of homosexuals
Never arrested.

“I find other races annoying. … I don’t like their chattering in other languages, I don’t like the way they look. I mean, 99% of them, they’re just not pretty. I don’t want to be around them. I don’t like the fact they seem to make everything just dirty and messy wherever they are. I don’t like to be around them. I want to be around all white people.” ` White Pride activist April Gaede.

still not arrested.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
David slept with another man's wife and deliberately sent that same man to his death : and God called david a man after his own heart : mysterious are the ways of the Lord : Isaiah 55(8&9)

Gods only concerns are that you regret you sins and accept His forgiveness.
The extent and timing of those sins is not an issue for God because
He doesn't experience time.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you know ALL good things come from God? Did you know He IS right now doing more good then ALL the evil in the world? Ask..pray to see this world.. people through His eyes. Before Christ died rose AMEN.. God so LOVED this world. A few years ago I watched over a MILLION come to Christ in one day.. ONE DAY! Your Father....oh.. is doing WONDERS.. saving healing restoring..

Children lost or stuck somewhere alone or with others.. where they felt no one will ever hear them..no one is praying for them.. The Father stopped put to sleep made blind those that held them and set them got them to be free. Parents where there was no hope came back to gether..who KNEW there was no God..nor even believed.. yet. He LOVES them.. prions.. hospitals.. animals.. WHERE are our eyes and what is our mind heart on? Isa.. if we keep our mind on Him.. He will keep us in perfect peace. The enemy just lies.. makes it LOOK LIKE SOUND LIKE FEEL LIKE.. the Father..FAITH..and Your Father is NEVER wrong.. nor ever looses...and IN YOU.. NEVER left you..Christ is king of kings lord of lords.. and HE IS REAL.. HE IS ALIVE!...

Look at that tiny little flower.. that tree..those stars. That cloud that holds the rain...WOW.. the wind.. the heat... this life is a slap in the face our Father is ALL around doing wonders. The greatest is yet to come. You WILL see with your eyes a harvest unlike any other in history.. MAN is NEVER RIGHT.. so let go of this worlds logic and everything about it.. its NOT YOUR HOME! PRAISE FATHER SON AND HOLY GHOST (song playing right now"

See this is what I see..what comes to mind..so I just share. The choice is ours.. truth or lies.. ask to see how HE sees. He WILL show you..

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rampant crime rates, out of control children, rampant divorce rates, corrupt politicians, rampant immorality, etc,etc,etc : What in the world has gone wrong with our society today ? A society must have some sort of set standards of right and wrong to maintain order in the society , otherwise everyone would just do whatever was right in their own eyes , and we would then have anarchy ! Right and wrong is determined in our society today by whatever the majority wants through the voting system . If you can get enough people pushing for something , even though it may be wrong, if you can get enough people pushing for it , it can be made to be the right, or law of the day, EVEN THOUGH IT REALLY ISN’T RIGHT! Simple numbers now determine what is right in our society, not any TRUE sense of right. All laws , no matter how right they may be, can now be challenged , simply ere wal by numbers Thus anything can now be made to be O K , there is no wrong anymore, there are no controls of any kind , the whole society becomes lost, adrift ! Sicker and SICKER things over time become acceptable in our society under this system : just take an honest look around you today ! THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES LOSE THEIR OWN SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG under this system , and FIND THEMSELVES BEING MANIPULATED INTO ACCEPTING THINGS THAT THEY NORMALLY WOULD NOT , and this happens on a society wide basis ! To make matters even worse : so called hate laws have been passed forbidding any criticism of these evils in our society under threat of prison, in the process COMPLETELY TRAMPLING ON OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH RIGHTS ! GOVERNMENT NOW TELLS US EXACTLY WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT SAY UNDER THREAT OF PRISON JUST LIKE THE OLD SOVIET UNION : SO MUCH FOR A FREE SPEECH SOCIETY : WE DEFINITELY DO NOT NOW LIVE IN ONE ! And so if we are not even allowed to identify the problems in our society under threat of prison for so called hate , we certainly can never rectify the problems, if we are not even allowed to identify the problems ! AND THERE YOU HAVE THE SORRY STATE OF OUR SOCIETY TODAY ! How did we get into this mess you ask : Well I will tell you ! Previously our society had a set standard of right and wrong to maintain order : They were called THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ! But then our society became so called modern and progressive and discarded God and his laws, claiming that they were outdated old repressive beliefs from the dark ages etc . And so with THE CONTROLS OF OUR SOCIETY , GOD’S LAWS , discarded, there was nothing left to prevent our society from sliding into an anything goes , anything is O K , out of control state . And so of course crime rates, divorce rates, etc all spiral out of control because again THE CONTROLS, GOD’S LAWS , have been discarded for so called progress ! You can spend all the billions of dollars you want on more police, more jails, more courts etc : But these are just temporary bandaid solutions that will not last because they don’t address THE ROOT CAUSE OF OUR SOCIETIES DEMISE : LEAVING GOD AND HIS LAWS ! Most people think that this situation in our society occurred on it’s own through natural degeneration , but the shocking truth is that destructive philosophies were deliberately introduced into our society by someone with full knowledge of the damage they would cause as part of a deliberate plan unknown by the blind general public. The plan is to deliberately bring the society to such an out of control state that the people will accept and even ask for laws that will totally enslave them , in order to bring an end to the chaos, the people being totally unaware or unable to believe that THE WHOLE THING WAS ORCHESTRATED FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE ! The bible referred to this as THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY working in the world. These are the evil antichrist forces at work in our present world working towards setting up the end time antichrist world government long ago forecast in the bible for the end time . Order would automatically be restored to our society simply by returning to God’s laws ! The only person in history , and this is recorded historic fact, not belief : The only person in history to rise from the dead PROVING THAT IN HIM AND ONLY IN HIM IS THE POWER OF ETERNAL LIFE , AND ALSO PROVING THAT HE IS THE ONLY TRUE MESSIAH : IS OF COURSE ” JESUS CHRIST ! ” No other religious leader conquered death , only JESUS CHRIST ! Ask him to come into your life and make you a new spiritually born again creature and then ask for his Holy Spirit to teach and guide you . MOST IMPORTANT : WHEN WE SAY CHRIST WE DO NOT MEAN ORGANIZED RELIGION WHICH GIVES GOD A BAD NAME , BUT WE MEAN CHRIST’S ONE TRUE SOLELY SPIRITUAL CHURCH !
Corruption, lies, theft, assault, fraud, adultery, sexual immorality have been problems for thousands of years. One might find complaints about injustice in ancient Egyptian and Mesopotamian texts before the Bible was written. The ancient writers complained about the wickedness of the world. It is found in the Bible too.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (WEB) Surely there is not a righteous man on earth, who does good and doesn't sin.

There are also rewards for the righteous as God gives. I recall a verse from the Beatitudes, "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."

Isaiah 40 (WEB)
27 Why do you say, Jacob,
and speak, Israel,
“My way is hidden from Yahweh,
and the justice due me is disregarded by my God?”
28 Haven’t you known?
Haven’t you heard?
The everlasting God, Yahweh,
The Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn’t faint.
He isn’t weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak.
He increases the strength of him who has no might.
30 Even the youths faint and get weary,
and the young men utterly fall;
31 But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength.
They will mount up with wings like eagles.
They will run, and not be weary.
They will walk, and not faint.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the church goes, so goes society. The main reason why our society is a mess today is because of the church. The reason why with all our mega churches today we are becoming irrelevant to culture and society and not impacting it is because the church has shifted its focus from Christ to meeting our personal needs. It is indeed because the church has shifted from serving Christ to self-serving. The reason why with all of the millions of Christian books, radio and television the church is not making a dent on the moral decay of society is because we are seeking our glory and not His, we are seeking our agenda, not His, we are seeking our plan, not His, we are seeking our program, not His.

A story was told about a dangerous seacoast whereabout the occurrence of shipwreck was so frequent. The village community built a crude little hut with a very simple boat for the sole purpose of using it to serve as a rescue boat for reaching out so as to save lives of those caught up in any shipwreck. All the village population served as volunteers in undertaking the rescue work, but after some time, the villagers decided to hire paid-professional rescue workers, so they could all take much time off to rest. As time passed again, they built a much nicer, and comfortable building to replace the crude hut. The new building became an enjoyable social success for all the villagers to come and hang out, and in doing so, they all forgot about the rescuing work of shipwreck, which they left only to the paid professionals.

One day, a large shipwrecked right in front of them, but only the professionals responded to save as many lives as they could. and in doing so, the beautiful building was damaged, leaving majority of the villagers upset. At the next membership meeting, they voted to suspend their life savings activities altogether (reason being, it was disturbing the social life of the club). A few brave souls dared to speak up and left to start off their own rescuing work. They also started off with a crude hut and boat, with a sole purpose of saving lives from shipwreck, but as time went on, their buildings also got bigger and better, and history repeated itself. This very same similar cycle went on throughout the coast. Until today, one eyewitness said, “If you look at that coast, you see it dotted with beautiful buildings, but shipwreck still happens. And now, people drown instead of being rescued.” This is the very sad history of the church of Jesus Christ.

We are the Church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MichaelDB

Jun 14, 2018
New Iberia
✟20,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is totally untrue what you are saying : If you try any if those things you mentioned you will be arrested : You must be living in a cave or something !
Just to add to this, it seems like in our society you can be punished for speaking out against things that are actually illegal not just immoral. Look at the #permitpatty kerfuffle. Just because the person who was breaking the law was a little black girl it is some how unacceptable to inform authorities to enforce the laws that are already on the books. So let's forget about God's law, it seems like man wants to start ignoring his own laws in order to be "progressive "

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Society looks as horrible as it does if their is a focus on the idea that people are basically good. Population growth has a large role to play. You see if people are basically good that would mean as cities increase in size, there should be more and more good. Obviously society isn't working that way.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Society looks as horrible as it does if their is a focus on the idea that people are basically good. Population growth has a large role to play. You see if people are basically good that would mean as cities increase in size, there should be more and more good. Obviously society isn't working that way.
Yahweh's (God's) Word says simply "society is pernicious" (repeatedly also, in various books /letters/ places) .....
Never says society is (at all) good or to be trusted or ...... not even liked...

But, the world (wicked men) love the worldly and fully promote one another in sinfulness and wickednesses every day all through society.

When Christians are deceived by this, and think in sinful thought that some part of the society is 'good' or 'right', they sometimes can be saved from that error, at least "a few" , the redeemed, are , but not the rest, not the fallen ones who don't repent to be restored to true fellowship with Jesus and Ekklesia.

Upvote 0

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think everything is pretty much as it has always been. Some people are trying to follow God and some are following nothing but their own lusts.
If you believe scripture, this is not the worst the world has ever been.
They were worse before the flood:

New International Version
"The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time."

Do you believe that every thought of every person on the earth, is only evil all the time? I don't find this to be even close to what we have today. The people I know, even unbelievers, are a mix of good and bad. In many cases, the good deeds far outweigh the bad. The biggest difference, in my mind, is that today we have instant access to all the horrible sins across the globe, from news media and internet, and we often see little of the good that is happening. People are coming to God in record numbers in parts of the world. In other parts of the world, Christianity is declining.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecc. 1:9

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think everything is pretty much as it has always been. Some people are trying to follow God and some are following nothing but their own lusts.
If you believe scripture, this is not the worst the world has ever been.
They were worse before the flood:

"The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time."

Do you believe that every thought of every person on the earth, is only evil all the time? I don't find this to be even close to what we have today. The people I know, even unbelievers, are a mix of good and bad. In many cases, the good deeds far outweigh the bad. The biggest difference, in my mind, is that today we have instant access to all the horrible sins across the globe, from news media and internet, and we often see little of the good that is happening. People are coming to God in record numbers in parts of the world. In other parts of the world, Christianity is declining.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecc. 1:9
It seems clear by God's Word and the happenings in the world all around us and for the last 2000 years
that it is now, today, "as in the days of Noah" ...... (society is)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems clear by God's Word and the happenings in the world all around us and for the last 2000 years
that it is now, today, "as in the days of Noah" ...... (society is)

I am not a prophecy person, in general. I have heard so many conflicting notions about end times, that I
have about given up trying to understand it. But, in regards to the passage about the days of noah, Jesus also said:
"34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

So, the question in my mind would be, was he really talking about the literal end of the world or was he talking about the end of the age when Nero brought extreme persecution against the church? Certainly we see areas of the world that have serious persecution today, also, but this is a different generation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am not a prophecy person, in general. I have heard so many conflicting notions about end times, that I
have about given up trying to understand it. But, in regards to the passage about the days of noah, Jesus also said:
"34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

So, the question in my mind would be, was he really talking about the literal end of the world or was he talking about the end of the age when Nero brought extreme persecution against the church? Certainly we see areas of the world that have serious persecution today, also, but this is a different generation.
You have noticed the consequences of poor translation and also of interpretation of Yahweh's Word without His Revelation and directly opposed to His Meaning, His Purpose and His Plan.
(this is very widespread all over the globe/ in the world)

Thus an even more dangerous than ever thought situation/world we all live in.

One example for now - I have read that 'this generation' may refer to the current mankind, not only to a time of 30 to 120 years.

Also, believers following Jesus in the so-called (and yes the actually) persecuted countries have known for a long time the abominable state of the 'church' in the usa and europe, etc... and
they, in prison and abject poverty and threats on their lives every day,
want and need nothing from the 'church in america' which has failed miserably for decades....
they, in prison and in abject poverty and threats on their lives every day are (or have been) praying for those / us/ in america for either persecution/ cleansing/ revival or for any true revival as God may send in His Plan and Purpose, if He will be merciful on the rich and the ungodly claiming His Name but severely dis-honoring Him and severely oppressing the poor and severely and purposefully bringing harm to millions or billions of lives.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rampant crime rates, out of control children, rampant divorce rates, corrupt politicians, rampant immorality, etc,etc,etc : What in the world has gone wrong with our society today ? A society must have some sort of set standards of right and wrong to maintain order in the society , otherwise everyone would just do whatever was right in their own eyes , and we would then have anarchy ! Right and wrong is determined in our society today by whatever the majority wants through the voting system . If you can get enough people pushing for something , even though it may be wrong, if you can get enough people pushing for it , it can be made to be the right, or law of the day, EVEN THOUGH IT REALLY ISN’T RIGHT! Simple numbers now determine what is right in our society, not any TRUE sense of right. All laws , no matter how right they may be, can now be challenged , simply ere wal by numbers Thus anything can now be made to be O K , there is no wrong anymore, there are no controls of any kind , the whole society becomes lost, adrift ! Sicker and SICKER things over time become acceptable in our society under this system : just take an honest look around you today ! THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES LOSE THEIR OWN SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG under this system , and FIND THEMSELVES BEING MANIPULATED INTO ACCEPTING THINGS THAT THEY NORMALLY WOULD NOT , and this happens on a society wide basis ! To make matters even worse : so called hate laws have been passed forbidding any criticism of these evils in our society under threat of prison, in the process COMPLETELY TRAMPLING ON OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH RIGHTS ! GOVERNMENT NOW TELLS US EXACTLY WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT SAY UNDER THREAT OF PRISON JUST LIKE THE OLD SOVIET UNION : SO MUCH FOR A FREE SPEECH SOCIETY : WE DEFINITELY DO NOT NOW LIVE IN ONE ! And so if we are not even allowed to identify the problems in our society under threat of prison for so called hate , we certainly can never rectify the problems, if we are not even allowed to identify the problems ! AND THERE YOU HAVE THE SORRY STATE OF OUR SOCIETY TODAY ! How did we get into this mess you ask : Well I will tell you ! Previously our society had a set standard of right and wrong to maintain order : They were called THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ! But then our society became so called modern and progressive and discarded God and his laws, claiming that they were outdated old repressive beliefs from the dark ages etc . And so with THE CONTROLS OF OUR SOCIETY , GOD’S LAWS , discarded, there was nothing left to prevent our society from sliding into an anything goes , anything is O K , out of control state . And so of course crime rates, divorce rates, etc all spiral out of control because again THE CONTROLS, GOD’S LAWS , have been discarded for so called progress ! You can spend all the billions of dollars you want on more police, more jails, more courts etc : But these are just temporary bandaid solutions that will not last because they don’t address THE ROOT CAUSE OF OUR SOCIETIES DEMISE : LEAVING GOD AND HIS LAWS ! Most people think that this situation in our society occurred on it’s own through natural degeneration , but the shocking truth is that destructive philosophies were deliberately introduced into our society by someone with full knowledge of the damage they would cause as part of a deliberate plan unknown by the blind general public. The plan is to deliberately bring the society to such an out of control state that the people will accept and even ask for laws that will totally enslave them , in order to bring an end to the chaos, the people being totally unaware or unable to believe that THE WHOLE THING WAS ORCHESTRATED FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE ! The bible referred to this as THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY working in the world. These are the evil antichrist forces at work in our present world working towards setting up the end time antichrist world government long ago forecast in the bible for the end time . Order would automatically be restored to our society simply by returning to God’s laws ! The only person in history , and this is recorded historic fact, not belief : The only person in history to rise from the dead PROVING THAT IN HIM AND ONLY IN HIM IS THE POWER OF ETERNAL LIFE , AND ALSO PROVING THAT HE IS THE ONLY TRUE MESSIAH : IS OF COURSE ” JESUS CHRIST ! ” No other religious leader conquered death , only JESUS CHRIST ! Ask him to come into your life and make you a new spiritually born again creature and then ask for his Holy Spirit to teach and guide you . MOST IMPORTANT : WHEN WE SAY CHRIST WE DO NOT MEAN ORGANIZED RELIGION WHICH GIVES GOD A BAD NAME , BUT WE MEAN CHRIST’S ONE TRUE SOLELY SPIRITUAL CHURCH !

I always fall back on Isaiah 9:7
"Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this."

Even in the midst of the world around me today, I believe the government of Jesus Christ is destined to increase forever. When lamenting on how bad you believe the world is getting, think about what it must have been like in the dark ages...think about what it was like to be a peasant in the middle ages..think about what it must have been like to have lived during the plague...and even recently, think about what it was like to be a Jew in Germany in WW2, or think about what is was like to have polio before Jonas Salk came along....

We can go on and on about how much better the earth is today, thanks to the ever spreading of Christianity. why, there is zero persecution of Christianity in the western hemisphere today, China and the Middle East are next. Nations rise and fall, and because we are stuck in the middle of our own range of perception, we can easily get caught up (no pun intended) in thinking ours is the worst ever, but a quick survey of the History of Humanity, redily dispels that notion. The Church remains, ever triumphant, ups and downs to be sure, for in this world we have tribulation, but nothing can stop the Church from her destiny, to subdue the earth.

There is no "use by" or "expiration" date to the Gospel, for it is everlasting.

Even in the New heavens and earth, the "final prophesied state" we see those inside the city calling out to those outside who thirst, to "come, drink freely of the water of Life" "the Gates of the city remain open forever to accept the wealth that the nations and kingdoms forever bring into her.

The goal is none other than that every man of every nation, through the power of the Gospel, attain unto that for which mankind was created: To love God with all his heart, soul and mind, and his neighbor as himself (Matt. 22:37-39; Mk. 12:30-31; Lk. 10:27-28). We must not think that the continued existence of sin on earth invalidates the possibility or the perfection of the realization of that goal.

I am fully confident in the fact that whatever the conquering Savior pleases to do, He does, on earth as in heaven (Ps. 135:6). And when we consider the divine eternality of the Church on earth and her progressive divine dominion, we know that her future, and hence the future of humanity, will be filled to overflowing with innumerable blessings which are even now utterly impossible for us to grasp. For what wonders will God work in and through His more-than-conquering Church after 10,000 years of ecclesiastical progress, or after 1,000,000 years of victory? Only God can know (Eccl. 3:11). What we do know is that in Christ Jesus our Creator and our Redeemer, the future of mankind on earth under His dominion will surely be "exceeding abundantly" and incomprehensibly wonderful....

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto him be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Eph. 3:20-21).

Upvote 0