What Revival is Suppose to Look like by Derek Prince!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.revivalschool.com/dprince.html

This is some of the things Derek Prince says:

He says that revival does not bring confusion which leads to division which is happening in this revival.

First of all, all those men majored on the strong preaching of God's Word. They hardly did anything until they had preached the Word of God, or apart from the preaching of the Word of God. Finney, himself, commented somewhere about his ministry,

Second difference: All those men made a strong call for repentance. That was their primary demand on the people to whom they ministered. Some people call what we are seeing today "a refreshing," but in Acts 3:19 Peter says that refreshing must be preceded by repentance. Any refreshing that bypasses repentance is not scriptural.

The third difference is that in the ministry of those men, there is no record as far as I know that any of them laid hands on people. I am not saying that it is unscriptural to lay hands on people, but there is a difference. There is a situation in which people receive directly for themselves from the preached Word and another situation in which people have hands laid on them by others.

Some of these unusual manifestations have been compared with unusual manifestations that accompanied the ministry of John Wesley, George Whitefield, Jonathan Edwards and Charles Finney. The difference is they always preached a strong word of repentance.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've listened to a lot of Derek Prince over the years and heard him preach in person many times as well. While repentence is important and I've preached repentence many times myself. I've come to believe revival is primarily the resul of God moving thru the Holy Spirit and us mortals can do more than ask and beg God to move. Its totally His chioce. So many have asked and prayed for revival and haven't seen one in their whole life.

Thanks my thought
dayhiker

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.