Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The 'What's on Your Mind' thread was discussing why we keep talking about our frustrations w/ dating so this thread is in response to that.

Everyone s/ have something they're working on. These s/b providing meaningful enrichment. I'm looking more for short-term projects b/c the 'deadlines' are more clearly defined & more in our control.

I am becoming more involved in a church group. It is going well. There's also a ministry that meets once a month. (It's just a breakfast) But I didn't go yesterday. Next time! I'm curious what opportunities the group itself will open up.

I'm working on biking once a week to work too. It's not that far, but it's far enough where it's work & you don't want to do it every day. I've missed the last couple weeks but hopefully will get back into it.

Go!

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have to admit, Dragon, those slashes really confuse me. I thought I understood what "s/" meant, but when it comes to "s/b," I'm feeling a bit unsure. I might need some clarification on that.

Anyway, it seems like you're doing well, which is great to hear! Does your current group have a... Oh boy, I'm really stumped now... Drawing a blank on the word... Genre, setting, title... There is a word for it, I'm just at a total loss right now... But if you know what I'm trying to get at, does it?

At my church, we're in the process of resetting all our groups this week. Next week, after church, they're hosting a group recruitment event. Group leaders will set up tables, and you can have a chat about which groups you'd like to join. I'm looking forward to it!

Apart from that, I'm focusing on personal growth and strengthening my connection with God.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟311.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've been working on a document that argues against soul sleep (a doctrinal belief of my denomination) and shows that reading Soul Sleep into the Bible, while understandable, is ultimately irreconcilable with the totality of Scripture. It has over 6000 words and I'm going to have to coalesce and combine them all before I reach seminary in a super document. I'm not looking forward to the work it's going to involve but I hope that it will serve my denomination in some capacity or another & therein the Body of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been working on a document that argues against soul sleep (a doctrinal belief of my denomination) and shows that reading Soul Sleep into the Bible, while understandable, is ultimately irreconcilable with the totality of Scripture. It has over 6000 words and I'm going to have to coalesce and combine them all before I reach seminary in a super document. I'm not looking forward to the work it's going to involve but I hope that it will serve my denomination in some capacity or another & therein the Body of Christ.
Can you briefly describe Soul Sleep?

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I have to admit, Dragon, those slashes really confuse me. I thought I understood what "s/" meant, but when it comes to "s/b," I'm feeling a bit unsure. I might need some clarification on that.
Judging from context, I'd say that "s/" is "should" and "s/b" is "should be" . But I don't think I've ever seen either abbreviation used before.

Something I'm hoping to start on soon is learning to play the organ. I have an electric organ that belonged to my great aunt but has been gathering dust in my house for many years. But now I'm finally taking some steps to change that as I've ordered a book of organ music which should be arriving this week.

I took piano lessons at school, so I can read music and play a keyboard instrument, but this has two keyboards for the hands and one for the feet and is going to be a much greater challenge. It's also been many years since I played the piano, so I'm very rusty. But it's some different from my usual activities and hopefully it will be a fun challenge.

And a longer term project is researching my family history. It's something I've done on and off over the years, but I'm trying to make an effort to work on it more regularly. I've gone back to the beginning and have started reconstructing my family tree, making sure that I've got proper sources for everything rather than blindly taking what other people have put in their trees on various genealogy sites, something I've been a little guilty of doing in the past. This doesn't have a definite end point though, as I've no idea how much there is to discover.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always have various art projects I'm working on. That's really my go to hobby right now. It's nice to be able to unwind from work and destress my brain.

I used to set a lot more goals for myself. But the last year or so I've been more focused on enjoying my free time and just being happy. So that's actually become my current goal. To just enjoy my free time and be content :)

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Judging from context, I'd say that "s/" is "should" and "s/b" is "should be" . But I don't think I've ever seen either abbreviation used before.
Okay! That's what I thought.

:full:
The doctrine that when you die your soul sleeps with your body and you're unconscious until Jesus's return.
Ah! Okay. :blush:

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyway, it seems like you're doing well, which is great to hear! Does your current group have a... Oh boy, I'm really stumped now... Drawing a blank on the word... Genre, setting, title... There is a word for it, I'm just at a total loss right now... But if you know what I'm trying to get at, does it?
I don't know what you mean!

Yes, s/ is should.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what you mean!

Yes, s/ is should.
Title... Descriptor... Identifier... Wow, I'm still at a loss! :tearsofjoy: For instance, if you are single you could join a singles group, or if you were a woman, you could join a woman's group.

And s/b is should be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I’ve started reading more, both fiction and non-fiction.

I’m really enjoying it and definitely find it helps me unwind in the evenings. I work full-time over 4 longer days a week, so it’s tiring and my evenings are seldom productive, so it’s nice to simply embrace the necessity for rest and reading helps me unwind and rest.

Currently I’m rereading The Great Gatsby and I’m loving it. I’ve got a 6 book set on the decline and fall of the Roman Empire arriving at some point this week, and I’m really excited to start working through that as it is a period in history I’ve always found interesting. It also incorporates some Christian and church history as well, which will be fun.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’ve started reading more, both fiction and non-fiction.

I’m really enjoying it and definitely find it helps me unwind in the evenings. I work full-time over 4 longer days a week, so it’s tiring and my evenings are seldom productive, so it’s nice to simply embrace the necessity for rest and reading helps me unwind and rest.

Currently I’m rereading The Great Gatsby and I’m loving it. I’ve got a 6 book set on the decline and fall of the Roman Empire arriving at some point this week, and I’m really excited to start working through that as it is a period in history I’ve always found interesting. It also incorporates some Christian and church history as well, which will be fun.
Oh great minds, HighFidelity! I do similar, working 40 hours in 3 days. And I literally am about to purchase some wall mounted bookshelves because I'm planning to do the same. You're right, it is very relaxing.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been working on my weight problem and trying to be healthier. I've lost 12 pounds this year. At the beginning of the year, I switched from a sugary cereal to a cereal that has many vitamins in it. I have been incorporating more protein into my diet so I can lose weight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been working on my weight problem and trying to be healthier. I've lost 12 pounds this year. At the beginning of the year, I switched from a sugary cereal to a cereal that has many vitamins in it. I have been incorporating more protein into my diet so I can lose weight.
Congratulations and great job!

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Something I'm hoping to start on soon is learning to play the organ. I have an electric organ that belonged to my great aunt but has been gathering dust in my house for many years. But now I'm finally taking some steps to change that as I've ordered a book of organ music which should be arriving this week.
The book arrived. It's called "Easy Organ Classics", but flicking through it makes me think that they have a very different definition of easy from me. :laughing: But I didn't expect to be able to just sit down and play something, so I'm not going to let the apparent difficulty put me off.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I researched exercises I need to do to slim down my stomach. I hope it works.

The last two times I've weighted myself I've gained a little bit back, maybe about a pound. I was not happy about that, especially since I had been more physically active at work.

Upvote 0