What personal services would people pay for??

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am currently unemployed but I'm looking to start an accounting consulting firm.

But in the meantime, I'd like to start a business to keep money coming in while the consulting business grows.

So what personal services do you think people would pay for & are in demand?? These services would be provided by me as a sole proprietor.

I've thought of starting a bill paying service for those too busy to manage their finances. That hasn't worked out yet. Another idea is cutting grass. I think I could make $1000 per week if I'm lucky. Unfortunately, I'm in the Northeast so my workload would only allow me to work a few months a year. This summer is probably out because I started too late. Some other jobs like painting houses might be tough since I don't have enough experience to actually try to make money doing it.

So any ideas would be great. :groupray:

MG

Choosey Moms Choose Life
Apr 21, 2002
Florida
✟932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Selling is the way to bring in money. Ebay brings a steady source of income to millions of people. Go to your local library and check out a few books on other's personal success stories! It is nothing short of astounding. You could invest an initial $100.00 and return a significant profit. I used to do it a lot while I was a stay at home mom. At one point, I had earned $7000.00 in one month. 100% profit. I was sitting on these items for over a year, and was about to toss them in the garbage. I was spring cleaning, going to sell some of the girl's clothing, and thought what the heck. it hooked me!

Upvote 0

spdnet75

Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
✟18,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a contractor, I've learned that the right person will pay to have anything done that they either don't wish to do or don't know how to do.

You might do well to draw up a list of things that you are particularly good at and print up some flyers.

The elderly make great customers because they are a little less mobile sometimes. ( They are also cautious these days and not afraid to criticize you if they feel as though they are not getting a deal.)

Upvote 0

sunshiinedays

Oct 18, 2005
✟8,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you can get into lawn cutting, you could expand that to include other lawn care and yard work. In the winter you could do snow removal. And if you're generally handy and have the tools, you could advertise as a handyman to fill in the gaps... or painter, or whatever you're good at.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums