Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
A chat about life's end over coffee and cake doesn't sound like everyone's cup of tea. But could it be a way to get people talking about a subject we can't escape and is often avoided?

What on earth is a death cafe? | Life and style | The Guardian

I'd love to talk about death. How'd I have it happen if I had my choice. Which ways would be most fun, which would be least painful, which would be most certain...

Then there's speculating on what exactly happens at the moment of death (debates to follow on what constitutes death, I suppose). Is there your life flashing before your eyes? Is there a bright light? Is there some specific memory? Is there just one last image and then nothing? And having never known nothing, what, if any, sort of transition would there be to nothing and would it even matter since you'd never have to chance to consider that experience of nothing?

Then there's discussion about what to do with one's body. There are legal limits, but what if there weren't. I'd like leaving my dead body, untreated, in the wilderness to feed the wildlife. Since that probably wouldn't go over to well with the authorities (not that I'd care, but those who survive me might) my preference right now is to have as much as possible donated to either people in need of organs that I can provide, or failing that towards medical and scientific research. Just be one of those cadavers that anatomy students study in university.

I don't fear death. I don't embrace or welcome it, either, and while I may fear the method by which my death occurs, I don't fear death itself. It could be a wonderful experience. It'll be the last thing on my bucket list; I'm gonna die if it's the last thing I do! Die or die tryin'!

Last edited:
Upvote 0