New Hampshire
✟2,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m very double minded but this is the one thing I can’t get past. I’m almost 100% sure I committed a sin that leads to death because I found a verse that promises that god will take vengeance on people who commit the sin I have.

Sorry to be cryptic but my sin is heinous in gravity and god would be just to take vengeance on me- but on behalf of those who I’ve sinned against. I dont want to frame this in a way that says god might not let me repent and kill me before then but at the same time that’s what i feel might happen and I don’t want to die. I do want to turn and change but at the same time I feel that I may not be genuinely repentant or sincere and all I have is false guilt/ humility in me and fear of hell. Other than that I don’t think I care the way I should.

I feel that I might’ve committed a sin that leads to death especially because of the attitude that I sinned with. When I was sinning more and wicked despite having knowledge of the truth I was stubborn and I grew a spiteful evil unbelieving heart. I’d sin and go against conviction on purpose and I just kept sinning. I’m thinking I might’ve became reprobate years before because I was stubborn and refused to let go of my sins.

The Bible says not to pray for those who have committed sins that lead to death so I’m not sure sure if i should still pray or anything.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I feel that
Trust in the Lord with all your Heart and Lean not on your own understanding. In all your way acknowledge HIm and He will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5 We lean on the promises of God. We do our part and He will do His.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, if you did something very vile to someone, it is possible the Lord will avenge this. But the perfect revenge is you be humble to know it is wrong, and you trust God to change you so you are loving, instead.

Look at Ezekiel 33:11 and tell us what you find God is telling us.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟31,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says not to pray for those who have committed sins that lead to death so I’m not sure sure if i should still pray or anything.
Let's be frank. Has anybody ever figured out what those sins are? 63 years and I sure haven't. So I figure, go ahead and pray. The worst that can happen is that God says no, eh?

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟31,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you should go to your local hospital and see what people are dieing from.
I'm sorry, Diamond, I don't understand you here. Is this is a little dig (which is cool, I'm a jovial guy) or are you serious? If so, what would I learn there? Sorry, a little dense I guess!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, Diamond, I don't understand you here.
The Bible says we are given 70 to 80 years of life. Beyond that we have to add years to our life. If we die before the age of 70 than we have died before it is out time. I just had a good friend die at 63 AND I was very surprised because I did not expect that was going to happen.

David lived 70 years.

Psalm 70 10 Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟31,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says we are given 70 to 80 years of life. Beyond that we have to add years to our life. If we die before the age of 70 than we have died before it is out time. I just had a good friend die at 63 AND I was very surprised because I did not expect that was going to happen.

David lived 70 years.

Psalm 70 10 Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.
Ahh, OK. Gotcha. Well I'm 63 so I'll try not to be spooked. My Dad is 92, so there are obvious exceptions, eh?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My Dad is 92
There are five or six scriptures that talk about how we can add years onto our life. I have a grandmother that lived to be 100 and the pastor in my church lived to be 100. They were both reasonably healthy up to the end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟31,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are five or six scriptures that talk about how we can add years onto our life. I have a grandmother that lived to be 100 and the pastor in my church lived to be 100. They were both reasonably healthy up to the end.
Diamond, please post them. You've got my attention.

Upvote 0