What of those who have not heard the Gospel?

Jul 27, 2012
✟10,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would happen to those people, for example those who live in remote tribes of Africa or Asia, who have never head the Gospel? Do they go to heaven or hell? Is their salvation or ticket to heaven through their works?

Romans chapter 1.

Upvote 0

onenarrowdoor

Aug 25, 2013
England
✟15,480.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I used to ask this question of Christians. My first motive was to paint them into a corner that made their God - and by extension, them - look either wishy washy or harsh. My second motive was to justify my unbelief (given either position). My third motive was at the root of the first two, namely, I loved darkness and was a slave to sin.

When people now ask me this question, I tell them that whatever either of us think concering other people will be irrelevant when we stand before God. There will be no waffling on and on about this person or that person, some lost tribe in a remote jungle, a baby that died in the womb, a man who died at 80 but had the mind of a 2 year old. It will be me and Him, it will be you and Him. There will be no hiding behind anybody else's account of their life.

Which is, sometimes, a good opportunity to ensure that the person asking the question actually understands what the Gospel is.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this issue belongs in God's playbook.
it's not something we have to answer and there is NO need to worry about it.
He can handle it. If we believe that He is a loving, just and fair God then He will come to the right decision!!

Gideon

Upvote 0