Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Pray every day.
Read the word every day.
Focus on your personal relationship with God.
Do for others that are not just your family and friends.
Go to church.

We dont all have a calling in this life brother. Some of us are destined to be sheep, some of us have glorious purpose in the kingdom to come. Do the things above as we are called to do and God will move in your life.
Kind of tired at seeking at this point. If God wants anything from me I'm sure he can explain it if not then who cares.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Kind of tired at seeking at this point. If God wants anything from me I'm sure he can explain it if not then who cares.
We are called to live righteously in this world, minding our own business, glorifying Christ in what we do and say, doing an honest day's work for our employer and fellowshiping with other Christians. If God wants us to do more than just live our routine lives day after day, He will set it up and organise us into it.

Upvote 0

Bones49

Jan 18, 2024
Seoul
✟3,456.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I haven't fully read this thread,
My question would be are you part of a Church?
My advise would be to pray, ask God to reveal himself to you in a real and meaningful way, and to show you opportunities in which you can serve him.
My comment would be, Christianity is not about you, it is about God. God doesn't give his gifts to great people, he gives to those who ask. If you are not filled with the Holy Spirt - again pray, ask God to fill you with his spirit (I would also suggest like someone else that you should consider getting bapitised as an adult.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I've been a "Christian" for quite a while actually baptized since birth but actively believing for at least a decade. So throughout this time I haven't been able to find anything to do, I don't experience I have a calling anywhere and I don't have a cool testimony to share or anything. So how does one go from here?
Hi jonojim,

Good to hear that you are now actively believing and desiring to know how to go from there. Now it seems like you are looking outward when all the time God is addressing our inward life. You see when we change on the inside then that affects the outward.

My suggestion is that you `listen` for the Lord`s nudging in your life as He highlights some attitude you have and ask Him to help you with that. You know when your conscience is saying something to you. Well, address that. And that is ongoing in all our lives as the Lord wants to make us like Himself.

You see as we address these attitudes we find that we get stronger, emotionally and spiritually. That in turn helps with relationships and we get guidance for our life. No good trying to use a leaking boat out to sea if water is pouring in. That is like having bad attitudes, our life, (boat) doesn`t float too well. Thus, God is about helping you to change your attitudes. And most we don`t even know we have until bit by bit the Lord helps us to see where we need to change.

Doors will open up as you start to walk on this great adventure with the Lord.

praying, Marilyn.

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I quite understand and I wouldn`t be trying to `do` all those things people are putting on you. I have written above my thoughts.

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are you to expect the creator of all things to explain things to you personally?

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is the one who died for us and desires for us to KNOW Him, His character and His purposes.
Thats not what the person I am responding to is looking for, he is looking for a personal revelation, my response points out the absurdity of expecting this.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats not what the person I am responding to is looking for, he is looking for a personal revelation, my response points out the absurdity of expecting this.
Oh, thanks for the clarification. Sorry I mistook what was being said.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Who are you to expect the creator of all things to explain things to you personally?
You think he has more important things to do? ^_^ But in any case Christ said the Comforter will lead into all truth. What exactly is meant by that then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi jonojim,

Good to hear that you are now actively believing and desiring to know how to go from there. Now it seems like you are looking outward when all the time God is addressing our inward life. You see when we change on the inside then that affects the outward.

My suggestion is that you `listen` for the Lord`s nudging in your life as He highlights some attitude you have and ask Him to help you with that. You know when your conscience is saying something to you. Well, address that. And that is ongoing in all our lives as the Lord wants to make us like Himself.

You see as we address these attitudes we find that we get stronger, emotionally and spiritually. That in turn helps with relationships and we get guidance for our life. No good trying to use a leaking boat out to sea if water is pouring in. That is like having bad attitudes, our life, (boat) doesn`t float too well. Thus, God is about helping you to change your attitudes. And most we don`t even know we have until bit by bit the Lord helps us to see where we need to change.

Doors will open up as you start to walk on this great adventure with the Lord.

praying, Marilyn.
I spend most of my time just regretting everything I’ve missed so far, I have no idea what to expect or where to take my life. I just end up on square number one asking the same questions.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spend most of my time just regretting everything I’ve missed so far, I have no idea what to expect or where to take my life. I just end up on square number one asking the same questions.
Hi jo,

That would be very frustrating. Now are you measuring your life by the world system`s measurement - career, house, car, happy family......etc...?
Not that those things aren`t fine it is just that we live in a damaged world and the world system revolves around debit and more debit. People are in debit over their heads. They may seem happy with all their goods, but they are just like a rat in a cage going round and round.

God`s desire for us is our character and that can be outworked anywhere. So, as a believer we need to work with the Lord when He highlights some behaviour that is not right. Seek to be content in all situations for there is your peace. Ever striving for worldly goods will only leave you or I frustrated and in great debit.

Remember this world is passing away and all we take to glory is our character, so that is what we need to work on.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0