What movies don't you like that almost everyone else does?

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Passion - I waited until it was on video because I was turned off by all the hoopla around the movie. When I did see the movie, I fell asleep on it. In my defense I had some kind of virus. All I remember saying was, "Lord I'm sorry" before I konked out. I've since seen the movie and it still doesn't compare to the written word and the revelation of the Holy Spirit. In listening to some people talk, I've been tempted to ask them "what did you think the word meant when it talked about what Jesus went through"?

Avatar - Maybe I just didn't get it but I wasn't impressed at all.

Forrest Gump - Didn't move me at all. I think I was the only person in the theatre NOT crying. At the end of the movie I was sitting there like a lump on a log looking around thinking, "okay what'd I miss here?"

These are the ones I can think of for now...

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I'll agree with you on this. It's not that Avatar was tremendously bad, really. The movie was a serviceable action movie with some wonky spirituality and really good special effects, along with a few blatantly transparent political metaphors. Nothing so awful that I couldn't stand to watch it, but also nothing so special that it deserved to top the charts. I watched it once or twice, and I really don't care about ever seeing it again because it didn't impress me much.

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't think Jerry Maquire was all that great and it was a very popular movie. But I did like that one line in it.."You had me at hello." :)

Me neither!!!! Was just talking about this and I love Cuba Gooding Jr.

Upvote 0

ShakenForwardShakenFree

Running Wild With The Hope
Nov 20, 2011
In the shadow of His wings...
✟8,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tom Cruise ruined Jerry MaGuire. So did Zellwhatever... The story had potential, so you get to of Hollywood's worst over-actors for the leads, then play up the horrible "cute kid" factor to disgusting new highs and ruin a pretty cool plot line.

Only thing redeeming about that movie is it gave us the song "Secret Garden" by Bruce Springsteen.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This one too. I always fall asleep about half way through.

I also didn't like Inception..if I didn't mention it already.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James Bond movies are awful so are Saw movies!

I love 007, but I have to admit that Moonraker was pretty bad ^_^ If Moonraker was your first introduction then I can see why you don't like the franchise LOL

Off the top my head my list includes The Hangover, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek, Saw, and nearly every film in the Clint Eastwood/Western genre.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I knew a lot of people that liked Napolean Dynamite but I didn't care for it. I'm sure there's something else but off the top of my head that's all I can think of so far.

Commentary on what's been posted so far....

Twilight is unsurprising. It's a niche film for the teen audience, if you're not part of the target group yeah...and I agree, it's crap.

The Village was widely panned.

James Bond I agree except for the new ones. Their actually closer in characterization to how Bond is in the books than the old material.

never did see the Passion. After the way Gibson butchered history in Braveheart and The Patriot I tuned out.

The only thing I didn't like about Watchmen is even though they tried, it's still a hard movie for someone who hasn't read the comic and knows the history behind it to get.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ShakenForwardShakenFree

Nov 20, 2011
✟8,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Took my nephew to see Adventures of TinTin and saw that money-grubbing James Cameron is bringing back Titanic. Not a prequel or a belated sequel. Titanic. Only, it's in 3D. So... There's a movie that a whole new generation will love, breathing new life into the mentions of this thread.

I greatly dislike The Blindside. It was very gracious in its depictions of the Tuohys, went complete stereotype in its framing of Oher, and fell victim to the classic sports blunder of adding the cheesy/sappy-sweet kid factor, turning the real-life junior-high aged son into the adorably horrible buck-toothed, freckle-faced grade-schooler younger brother.

Disliked Remember The Titans for similar flaws.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True Grit. I saw it at the theatre. I've seen the old one and the main guy John Wayne is so much better. It had some funny parts but it was nothing major.

I hate John Wayne, he's the same character in every movie he plays..he had no range at all. The original bored me to death, I loved the remake. :)

So, I'll add the original True Grit to my list because I know more than a few people who liked it better.

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate John Wayne, he's the same character in every movie he plays..he had no range at all. The original bored me to death, I loved the remake. :)

So, I'll add the original True Grit to my list because I know more than a few people who liked it better.

Ditto. Though I did like Glen Campbell in the original about equal to Matt Damon in the remake... that was pretty much the only thing I liked about the original. Absolutely hated the original Mattie... she was horrible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ShakenForwardShakenFree

Nov 20, 2011
✟8,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ya know, Moneyball is a flick that is largely praised by critics, widely loved by fans and a movie I thought was trite, overly-sentimental and inaccurate in depicting the real significance of the story.

It wasn't a bad movie, but I could care less if I ever see it again.

Upvote 0

ShakenForwardShakenFree

Nov 20, 2011
✟8,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Given that we just had Christmas a few weeks ago, I'd like to state that I hate the movie It's A Wonderful Life. I can't find a single redeeming feature in it...

I can. Donna Reed! :thumbsup:

The movie is one I'll watch every once in a while, but not one I can take every year.

Upvote 0

Daphnia

Feb 4, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Twilight, no questions asked.

P.S. I love you: everyone thinks this move is romantic as hell, me, I get depressed after watching it and feel like slapping her sometime in the movie.

Saw (all of them): I must be a psychopath if I like watching people chopping their own bodies.

Upvote 0