Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is this also open for Catholics? If so, I would like to share with you two miracles that happened to me in real life survived not just one but TWO dengue fever attacks that could've killed me if it weren't for His intervention. The second was that I was so nervous about the BOARD exam of the medical technology licensure exam when I took it because of how difficult it was... And then with His intervention, I passed! Oh THANK YOU LORD!

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life, itself, is a 'miracle'. We could learn a lot from the book of Job, when Job was scolded by God. God asked Job, who he thought took care of all of the wildlife on the planet. The plants and animals survive, without the help of human beings.

We are warned by N/T scripture, to not seek out 'miracles', the way that the unbelievers do. Jesus provided the miracles necessary to prove His power. What more do we need as proof?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Miracles were common place in the early church, it is one way God affirmed that he was with his people. I see nothing wrong with desiring to see miracles so long as it isn't simply to test God. God shows us in the N/T that miracles convinced some gentiles to believe. Some people do need to see them, and it definetly helped me. It is also good to seek the greater gifts.

Which 'miracles' are you referring to? Are these miracles accepted by everyone, as being true 'miracles'?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What miracles have you seen on youtube/internet and in real life?

Please post links to the miracles you have seen online. I love to see Gods power at work. :)
This is about as well as I can relay the events that happened to me on the Big River in south central Missouri.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7506871/

I have other personal events in the ten years between my drowning and salvation that I could relate, but some are still private.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if the OP is looking for videos then we can say healing videos, like the kind where people with crutches walk, legs get extended, cancers come out. For that matter, supplying bread for 5000 people from 2 loaves of bread and 2 fish would qualify too, I think

Your second example (above), is one of Christ's miracles. I already said that Christ (N/T) miracles proved Christ's power (and truth).

We don't know much about the real truth behind the current days' healing taking place. We do know, that the N/T scriptures tell us, that one of the 'gifts' given to some, is the power to heal. We would have to know the person being healed, personally, in order to know if the 'healing' is fake or not. I personally am not affected spiritually, in either case. I do not rely on these 'spiritual healings', in order to bolster my faith in God, and His Word.

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not everybody does, but some people need it, and it isn't a sin to desire to see supernatural manifestation. It is a legitimate reason to want to see something with your own eyes in order to believe, but you still rely on God after that to do his work.

See acts 13:11. While some are given a special gift to heal, anyone who truly believes can do it. There is no end to scoffers and skeptics when it comes to divine healing. Either you are prepared to believe what you've seen or not... of course sometimes God lets people like the blind man testify as witness and then open his eyes, because if they had not seen the blind man previously they might not believe he was blind

so there is circumstance, but since the bible says its possible I'd like to see some miracles too.

The N/T warns us against 'seeking miracles'. The unbelievers do this. They want to see for themselves, instead of believing what others have witnessed (miracles of Christ).

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
k did you have a reference for this warning

I am not employed as a minister. I do not write everything down, with its scriptural reference location. If I did, I would have to re-write everything in the Bible. What is the point of doing that.

I remember reading in the N/T that unbelievers seek 'proof' with their own eyes, instead of believing that which Christ taught that was witnessed by many.

I did not physically/personally see Christ hung on the cross, nor any of the other things/events mentioned in the scriptures....did you? I still believe, that the Bible is true. I am satisfied with what is written in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the point is that scripture is very important when correcting/rebuking. It should not be hard to post this, if you are going to use it in argument come prepared next time? thanks.

I am assuming that you have read the Bible. If you had read the Bible, you wouldn't be asking me to locate the passage that I referenced. In one night alone, I read completely through the N/T TWICE. I was able to link future verses with current verses that I was reading, on my second time through, because I had just read them, before reading through the second time.

First of all, the gift of healing, is not a 'miracle' (See 1 Corinthians chapter 12). These are two different 'gifts'. Secondly, I tried to locate the scripture that I was referring to, but I could only locate verses referring to people looking for a 'sign'....see Matthew 12:38 & 39 and 16:1 to 4...this is also repeated in Mark and 1 Corinthians. It is late, and I am tired. If I have time later on, I will try to find the verse(s) that I was thinking of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The verse below shows a certain virtue in never having seen nor heard Jesus (nor his miracles for those of us alive today) and yet still are believers in Him.

Jesus saith unto him, Because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John 20:29

Real Jesus kind of miracles don't really happen anymore for the simple fact that Jesus is no longer with us in the flesh. One must be very wise in discerning a real miracle from a fake one when it comes to internet videos....Just saying.:)

I have had personal miracles happen in my life of healing and prevision and even a direct intervention while praying, check this out: One time I was praying while driving and asking God why I had to keep being frustrated by seeking Him and never getting the quick fix answer from Him that I always wanted, I remember even pounding on the steering wheel and yelling loudly. Just then a car pulled in front of me that read: WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM. I was blown away. To me that's a miracle.:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I am not employed as a minister. I do not write everything down, with its scriptural reference location. If I did, I would have to re-write everything in the Bible. What is the point of doing that.

I remember reading in the N/T that unbelievers seek 'proof' with their own eyes, instead of believing that which Christ taught that was witnessed by many.

I did not physically/personally see Christ hung on the cross, nor any of the other things/events mentioned in the scriptures....did you? I still believe, that the Bible is true. I am satisfied with what is written in the Bible.

It is the responsibility of every Christian to gather to him or herself the Scripture, to read it and study it. Otherwise one is not properly armed to do battle with Satan and the evil he inspires.

Matthew 12:38-39 "Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, 'Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you.' He answered, 'A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Taken in context, Jesus is telling the Pharisees that rather than see and accept who He is, they want to test Him. He refused to be put to the test and brought forth the prophecy of Jonah that would be revealed in His death and resurrection.

Seeking testimony and affirmation of what God is doing in the lives of our Brothers and Sisters is neither wicked nor adulterous but rather edifying of the Body and glorifying of God. I do not see where the OP requested report of miracles as proof of Jesus Christ and who He is. The Body takes comfort in the visible presence and work of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is the responsibility of every Christian to gather to him or herself the Scripture, to read it and study it. Otherwise one is not properly armed to do battle with Satan and the evil he inspires.

Matthew 12:38-39 "Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, 'Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you.' He answered, 'A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Taken in context, Jesus is telling the Pharisees that rather than see and accept who He is, they want to test Him. He refused to be put to the test and brought forth the prophecy of Jonah that would be revealed in His death and resurrection.

Seeking testimony and affirmation of what God is doing in the lives of our Brothers and Sisters is neither wicked nor adulterous but rather edifying of the Body and glorifying of God. I do not see where the OP requested report of miracles as proof of Jesus Christ and who He is. The Body takes comfort in the visible presence and work of the Holy Spirit.

Agreed, I see no problem sharing testimonies of what God has done.
It is sad to see such a negative reaction to the OP from some posting here.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He changed my heart of stone to a heart of flesh.

What miracles have you seen on youtube/internet and in real life?

Please post links to the miracles you have seen online. I love to see Gods power at work. :)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! That's the miracle that so amazes me and I'm sorry that I can't really give any Scriptural reference that specifically speaks to my miracle, other than the whole of God's promises. I knew a man who was once a drug addicted, fornicator and murderer and liar. He coveted and swore and cursed the name of God. He had no conscience towards God whatsoever. One day that man came face to face with the truth and by the miraculous power of God's Holy Spirit turned from that life of wickedness and set his heart to follow the commands of his new Lord. For me, that's the greatest miracle I have ever seen.

God bless you all.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

aLi3nZ

Aug 27, 2006
✟15,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Thanks very much for all your replies. This is the kind of stuff I was after :)

The finger of God documentary is hands down my favorite film of all time.

Please take the time to watch it if you haven't already seen it, here is part 1.

[youtube]Qi7atLDcVUg[/youtube]

Furious love (the squeal) is pretty good but not as good as finger of God imo.

[youtube]NC712vVVjd0[/youtube]

[youtube]Fw-0wR87okY[/youtube]

[youtube]YgGu782dNX0[/youtube]

[youtube]HDOblGWkx8A[/youtube]

[youtube]ct0XaP7lUvQ[/youtube]

“Between 1915 and 1920, in the Healing Rooms in the Rookery Building in Spokane, Washington, there were over 100,000 documented healings which led to the city being named the 'healthiest city in the U.S.' He then established a similar work in Portland, Oregon with similar results which also attracted widespread attention.”

At one time I submitted myself to a series of experiments. It was not
sufficient to know that God healed; I had to know how God healed.
I visited one of the great experimental institutions and submitted myself for a
series of experiments.
First, an instrument was attached to my head. This instrument had an
indicator that would register the vibrations of the brain.
I began to repeat things like the 23rd Psalm to soothe the mind and reduce its
vibrations to the lowest point. Then I repeated the 31st Psalm, the 35th
chapter of Isaiah, the 91st Psalm, and Paul's address before Agrippa.
After this, I went into secular literature and recited Tennyson's "Charge of
the Light Brigade" and finally Poe's "The Raven" as I prayed in my heart
that at the psychological moment, God would anoint my soul in the Holy
Spirit.My difficulty was that while reciting, I could not keep the Spirit from
coming upon me. When I finished with "The Raven," those in charge of the
experiment said, "You are a phenomenon. You have a wider mental range
than any human being we have ever seen."
In reality, this was not so. It was because the Spirit of God kept coming upon
me to such degree that I could feel the moving of the Spirit within me.
I prayed in my heart, "Lord God, if You will only lot the Spirit of God come
like the lightnings of God upon my soul for two seconds, I know something
is going to happen that these men have never seen before.
As I recited the last lines of the poem, suddenly The Spirit of God struck me
in a burst of praise and tongues. The indicator on that instrument bounded to
the limit and I haven't the least idea how much further it would have gone if
it had been possible.

The professors said, "We have never seen anything like it!"
I replied, "Gentlemen, it is the Holy Ghost."
In the second experiment, a powerful X-ray machine with microscopic
attachments was connected to my head. The purpose was to see, if possible,
what the action of the brain cells was.
I proceeded just as in the former experiment. First, I repeated Scriptures that
were soothing those calculated to reduce the action of the cortex coils to
their lowest possible register. Then I went to Scriptures which conveyed
better and richer things until I reached the first chapter of John. As I began to
recite this, the fires of God began to burn in my heart.
Suddenly, the Spirit of God came upon me as before, and the man who was
behind me touched me. It was a signal to me to keep that poise of soul until
one after another could look through the instrument.
Finally, when I let go, the Spirit subsided. The professors said, "Why, man,
we cannot understand this, but the cortex cells expanded amazingly."I said to them, "Gentlemen, I want you to see one more thing. Go down in
your hospital and bring back a man who has inflammation in the bone. Take
your instrument and attach it to' his leg. Leave enough space to get my hand
on his leg. You can attach it to both sides."
When the instrument was ready, I put my hand on the man's shin and prayed
like Mother Etter' prays: no strange prayer, but the cry of my heart to God.
I said, "God, kill the devilish disease by Your power. Let the Spirit move in
him; let it live in him."
Then I asked, "Gentlemen, what is taking place?
They replied, "Every cell is responding."
It is so simple: The life of God comes back into n part that is afflicted;
immediately the blood flows; the closed, congested cells respond; and the
work is done!
That is God's divine science.

On one occasion Smith Wigglesworth told a man without legs to buy shoes. When that man obeyed, his legs and feet grew and he was able to put on the shoes.

So when wigglesworth told this man without legs to buy shoes did you expect Smith to follow him around with a video camera even though it was around the early 1900's? What did you expect this great man of faith to do to get this evidence you are demanding?

When he walked into a funeral and slammed a dead man against the wall and commanded him back to life....

Is not the testimonies of those watching enough?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aLi3nZ

Aug 27, 2006
✟15,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Real Jesus kind of miracles don't really happen anymore for the simple fact that Jesus is no longer with us in the flesh. One must be very wise in discerning a real miracle from a fake one when it comes to internet videos....Just saying.:)
So, are you one of those that call all the great Pastors and revivalists out there false prophets when they (through the grace of God and the power in the name of Jesus) preform signs and wonders?

Bill Johnson and Heidi Baker for example.

Upvote 0

aLi3nZ

Aug 27, 2006
✟15,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
"For the Kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."
1 Cor. 4:20 NKJV

It is abnormal for a Christian not to have an appetite for the impossible. It has been written into our spiritual DNA to hunger for the impossibilities around us to bow at the name of Jesus.

The lack of miracles isn't because it is not in God's will for us. The problem exists between our ears. As a result, a transformation, a renewing of the mind, is needed, and it's only possible through a work of the Holy Spirit that typically comes upon desperate people.

Stories of the impossible are becoming the norm, and the company of people who have joined this quest for an authentic gospel, the gospel of the Kingdom, is increasing. Loving God and His people is an honor. We will no longer make up excuses for powerlessness because powerlessness is inexcusable. Our mandate is simple: raise up a generation that can openly display the raw power of God.

Upvote 0