✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'd like to ask "What kind of man, or person, is God...?"

How is he like one of us, and what might one of us truly like him, look, be, and act like...?

I'm talking about the Father God, here also...

Comments...?

God Bless!
God is like His Son Jesus :)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How is he like one of us, and what might one of us truly like him, look, be, and act like...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

God is not a man and he is not like us.

As it says in genesis, 'we are made in the image of God' not that we look like him, but that we share his characteristics, reason, morality, spirituality etc.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the image of the invisible God. (Colossians 1:15)
Seeing Jesus is the same as seeing the Father God. (John 14:9)

Father God would have all the qualities of the fruit of the Spirit:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
Combining all of the above and the below, you would get a fairly good picture of how Father God would be like as a person:

“The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished (Exodus 34:6-7)​

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus is the image of the invisible God. (Colossians 1:15)
Seeing Jesus is the same as seeing the Father God. (John 14:9)

Father God would have all the qualities of the fruit of the Spirit:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
Combining all of the above and the below, you would get a fairly good picture of how Father God would be like as a person:

“The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished (Exodus 34:6-7)​
Why does it not appear, or at least from any truly objective point of view, it does not appear, or maybe it at least gets thrown into some doubt, that maybe, perhaps, the God or the OT is not the Father God, or Jesus Father...?

Reactions: Juli123
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God is not a man and he is not like us.

As it says in genesis, 'we are made in the image of God' not that we look like him, but that we share his characteristics, reason, morality, spirituality etc.
What Characteristics, reason, morality, ect is like him in a man...?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why does it not appear, or at least from any truly objective point of view, it does not appear, or maybe it at least gets thrown into some doubt, that maybe, perhaps, the God or the OT is not the Father God, or Jesus Father...?
The disciples said to Jesus, "Show us the Father." Jesus replied, "Who has seen Me has seen the Father." So, if you want to know what the Father is like, read the Gospel accounts of Jesus. The Apostle John says, "God is love." So, to get a handle on that, read 1 Corinthians 13, because that describes God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. If you want to know how God conducts Himself, read the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5 because that is how the Father behaves.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sure... how...?

Is God in the OT Jesus Father...?

If so, (or if not), What kind of man or Father is he (Jesus Father)...?

God Bless!
Jesus Christ co-existed with God in the OT and the NT.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sure... how...?

Is God in the OT Jesus Father...?

If so, (or if not), What kind of man or Father is he (Jesus Father)...?

God Bless!
The God of the Old Testament is basically a God created in the image of man. The OT was written by biased Israelite holy men who vastly exaggerated their pretentious history. Before the incarnation of the creator Son, one might have been more justified in belief in such a mean God. But after we got to know more about the true God in the person of his Son, we don't have that excuse anymore.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The God of the Old Testament is basically a God created in the image of man. The OT was written by biased Israelite holy men who vastly exaggerated their pretentious history. Before the incarnation of the creator Son, one might have been more justified in belief in such a mean God. But after we got to know more about the true God in the person of his Son, we don't have that excuse anymore.
YHWH could be God the Son, in a more immature form as well...

Also, I am having issues with what kind of God is residing inside of me, and then, the one outside of me, both of which I hear sometimes and talk with and to and am vocal about sometimes, recently it is like they are in competition, and I let them both know, I don't like it if this is to be some sort of competition or proving one over the other, or whatever it might be...

The one outside sounded like it could be God when it spoke to me recently, almost like i could mistake it for the father, but it was trying to get me to put on a superior air with it and join it in putting on a superior air with it, I've been trying to let them know that I do not like, nor want any part in any of it, but...?

Seems I'm in the middle here...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So, are they the same...?
Yes and no. Yes, they are One and the same God. No, because they serve in different capacities. Simplistic take on the Trinity but works for me.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes and no. Yes, they are One and the same God. No, because they serve in different capacities. Simplistic take on the Trinity but works for me.
May be a simple take, but I don't think it's simply understood, which is what I'm after, but, thanks anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Comments...?

God Bless!

Jesus includes the Spirit of the Father in his being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is something like every man you encounter in everyday life. Sometimes He wounds, sometimes he heals.....Sometimes he makes peace, sometimes he creates evil.......sometimes He kills, and sometimes he makes alive.... And anything you do to your neighbor you do to Him....

• Friendly
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Num_23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I look at the Trinity as a whole, The Godhead, or the combination of all three together, the Corporate Being.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, "The Godhead" or what we believe God to be when we Pray to GOD.

Jesus is the express image of God in that, He is God Incarnate, (In the Flesh)
("He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father")

Jesus also Demonstrated the Power of God, by the Holy Spirit (Which is the Holy Spirit) working through Him.

Whenever we envision each Person of the Trinity individually.
1) The Godhead, you envision all three, Father son, Spirit
2) God is understood to be The Father, but when I envision God as being Supreme, to me He is The Godhead.
3) Jesus, is God Incarnate, with the Demonstration of the Spirit, thus again all three are represented, being the Godhead.
4) We never see the Holy Spirit moving, or acting, Independently of the Other two Persons of the Trinity.

Therefore my comprehension of God is always of all three, you cannot separate one from the other.

If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father, if you have experienced the Son you have experienced the Spirit, which is the Power of the Father.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Num_23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I look at the Trinity as a whole, The Godhead, or the combination of all three together, the Corporate Being.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, "The Godhead" or what we believe God to be when we Pray to GOD.

Jesus is the express image of God in that, He is God Incarnate, (In the Flesh)
("He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father")

Jesus also Demonstrated the Power of God, by the Holy Spirit (Which is the Holy Spirit) working through Him.

Whenever we envision each Person of the Trinity individually.
1) The Godhead, you envision all three, Father son, Spirit
2) God is understood to be The Father, but when I envision God as being Supreme, to me He is The Godhead.
3) Jesus, is God Incarnate, with the Demonstration of the Spirit, thus again all three are represented, being the Godhead.
4) We never see the Holy Spirit moving, or acting, Independently of the Other two Persons of the Trinity.

Therefore my comprehension of God is always of all three, you cannot separate one from the other.

If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father, if you have experienced the Son you have experienced the Spirit, which is the Power of the Father.
How has he shown us the Father, and is he YHWH or not...? And... what "power"...?

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because throughout the Bible, there is only one God:

“I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. (Isaiah 45:5)​

And in the New Testament, Jesus has only referred to one God, which is the same God in the Old Testament:

But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God... But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” (Matthew 22:29-32)​

From Colossians 1:16, we know that Jesus is the same God who created the heavens and the earth in the Old Testament:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
(Colossians 1:16)​

Upvote 0