catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's one view of what it's like to be a young Russian (university student or graduate) who isn't in Moscow or St. Petersburg. (Not in those more glamourous rich 2 cities that to some extent also are the concentration of wealth from the rest of the country)

I think you can get some flavor in this video, even though it's just 1 person, and she is tired while making the video, but her being tired only adds to the honesty of it also.
(she is in a machine junk yard just because it is peaceful and interesting to her, and that's not part of the point at all, but I can identify with that common sense liking of old equipment, as I also enjoy such places)

I suggest a good section is starting at 22 minutes, and I'll try to make the video start about there, but you can slide the time slider to any point. Another interesting section is how appearances like Putin's big rally a couple weeks back, and even 'independent' polls, can be manufactured, which is about at the 13:15 time mark.

22 minute time mark -- What will help people in the West better understand the way Russian people think, and maybe why:

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It just so tragic that Russia is controlled by a kind of...mafia like situation, with a kind of godfather/despot, with even a religious puppet in his pocket to pretend and manipulate a portion of the population with a false appearance of religion (a fake priest/patriarch, or rather, to be more precise, one that does not 'fear God' (does not respect God it seems, since he appears not to fear doing evil like endorsing a war of murders in front of God)).

Upvote 0