Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The point is that the Bible does not recognize such a statement; And the Scriptures say, faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV).

And again, what's your point?

And it does too!

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." -Rom. 14:11 (KJV)

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" -Phil 2:10 (KJV)

And besides, why pick on me for that? It has been in my signature since I joined in 2005 and nobody but gives me grief except you!

If you don't like it, don't read it, but I will not give it up.

Sorry

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fact is, scriptures do support "Till all are one".

In this sinful world, it is evidenced by the many denominations. One group believes one way, another group believes another.

In this sinful world, we (Christians) are not yet in that glorified body. But some glorious day we will be.

In heaven, there will be no denominations, nothing to separate Catholics from Baptists.

So until that day...

God Bess

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do know that not one of the words you substitute as "Elohim" actually are "Elohim"?

Greetings my dear brother in Messiah , before I attempt any kind of retort to your ( ??????? ) ?
I wish to convey to you just how difficult it is to converse with a prophesied imitator of YAHshua / Jesus ( as the over fifth translated versions of Holy Writ I have cover to cover ' studied ' , has indicated to my ) When all I can envision in the other side of ( Occupation: Sinner ) in your about me is a rusty well toasted chain in one hand & flint & steel in the other . It's non of my business , my brother , but does ( Occupation: Sinner ) truly dignify your , held occupation ? If I felt as evidently you do , I would have camouflaged it by typing in ( Occupation: SAVED-Sinner ) . You claim to follow Calvin & his written & unwritten doctrines , so then murder in the name of your 'ELOHIM' ( ELOHIM a word used in our Master's time & still in use today . Is OKAY , justified to cleanse of earth ( which doesn't matter but The SPIRIT ONLY ). Your HP has ;
Calvinist by Predestination, Male, from USA

"A greater absurdity cannot be thought of than a morose, hard-hearted, covetous, proud, malicious Christian." [Jonathan Edwards]

Question for you my brother ; Are you aware of the " Websters definition of ( a morose, hard-hearted, covetous, proud, malicious Christian.) ?
This my brother is a question akin to yours for me , I perceive . In light of ; "
To Calvin, who had written his summary of Christian doctrine Institutio Christianae Religionis (Institutes of the Christian Religion), Servetus' latest book was an attack on his personally held theories regarding Christian belief, theories that he put forth as "established Christian doctrine". Calvin sent a copy of his own book as his reply. Servetus promptly returned it, thoroughly annotated with critical observations. Calvin wrote to Servetus, "I neither hate you nor despise you; nor do I wish to persecute you; but I would be as hard as iron when I behold you insulting sound doctrine with so great audacity." In time their correspondence grew more heated until Calvin ended it.[21] Servetus sent Calvin several more letters, to which Calvin took offense.[22] Thus, Calvin's antagonism against Servetus seems to have been based not simply on his views but also on Servetus's tone, which he considered inappropriate. Calvin revealed the intentions of his offended pride when writing to his friend William Farel on 13 February 1546: "

Servetus has just sent me a long volume of his ravings. If I consent he will come here, but I will not give my word; for if he comes here, if my authority is worth anything, I will never permit him to depart alive (Latin: Si venerit, modo valeat mea autoritas, vivum exire nunquam patiar).[23]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Servetus

I've worked in & received mail in six States and in all six in a criminal court this is PRE-MEDICATED MURDER if it's carried to the act ! Lying in wait with murder is TWO STRIKES , here in California. (
a) Lying in wait;

b) Torture;

c) Poison;

d) A destructive device;

e) An explosive;

f) A weapon of mass destruction;

g) Knowing use of armor-piercing ammunition;

h) Any other type of willful, deliberate, premeditated killing;)

https://www.wklaw.com/areas-violent-crimes.html

Question my brother , in your 'Christian ' thinking ... how many counts ( strikes ) would our brother John be charged with in California in this age ? Then there's the Federal charge of conspiracy ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy

In my attempt to change moccasins with you to determine if your ( ??????? ) is meant maliciously or NOT is futile .
The sect of ' calvinism ' is not uniquely different that the other 50,000 " sects " in that ' each ' has many doctrines correct . In my conclusion of six decades of study . My criteria for a correct denomination is very simple . If they profess YAHshua / Jesus HAS came in the flesh as Scripture proclaims . Don't refuse a great deal of Early MSS , they have my SEAL / MARK ! This in no way is a YES to Fellowshipping with them , no matter how good of cooks their women are .
I'll consider your ( ??????? ) , if I can convince myself you wont endorse checks with your mouth you'll pay for at the furnace . In all truth , my brother I can't see that happening at any time , now or in the FOREVER & EVER of tomorrow .

Hallelu-YAH .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings my dear brother in Messiah , before I attempt any kind of retort to your ( ??????? ) ?
I wish to convey to you just how difficult it is to converse with a prophesied imitator of YAHshua / Jesus ( as the over fifth translated versions of Holy Writ I have cover to cover ' studied ' , has indicated to my ) When all I can envision in the other side of ( Occupation: Sinner ) in your about me is a rusty well toasted chain in one hand & flint & steel in the other . It's non of my business , my brother , but does ( Occupation: Sinner ) truly dignify your , held occupation ? If I felt as evidently you do , I would have camouflaged it by typing in ( Occupation: SAVED-Sinner ) . You claim to follow Calvin & his written & unwritten doctrines , so then murder in the name of your 'ELOHIM' ( ELOHIM a word used in our Master's time & still in use today . Is OKAY , justified to cleanse of earth ( which doesn't matter but The SPIRIT ONLY ). Your HP has ;

"A greater absurdity cannot be thought of than a morose, hard-hearted, covetous, proud, malicious Christian." [Jonathan Edwards]

Question for you my brother ; Are you aware of the " Websters definition of ( a morose, hard-hearted, covetous, proud, malicious Christian.) ?
This my brother is a question akin to yours for me , I perceive . In light of ; "
To Calvin, who had written his summary of Christian doctrine Institutio Christianae Religionis (Institutes of the Christian Religion), Servetus' latest book was an attack on his personally held theories regarding Christian belief, theories that he put forth as "established Christian doctrine". Calvin sent a copy of his own book as his reply. Servetus promptly returned it, thoroughly annotated with critical observations. Calvin wrote to Servetus, "I neither hate you nor despise you; nor do I wish to persecute you; but I would be as hard as iron when I behold you insulting sound doctrine with so great audacity." In time their correspondence grew more heated until Calvin ended it.[21] Servetus sent Calvin several more letters, to which Calvin took offense.[22] Thus, Calvin's antagonism against Servetus seems to have been based not simply on his views but also on Servetus's tone, which he considered inappropriate. Calvin revealed the intentions of his offended pride when writing to his friend William Farel on 13 February 1546: "

Servetus has just sent me a long volume of his ravings. If I consent he will come here, but I will not give my word; for if he comes here, if my authority is worth anything, I will never permit him to depart alive (Latin: Si venerit, modo valeat mea autoritas, vivum exire nunquam patiar).[23]

I've worked in & received mail in six States and in all six in a criminal court this is PRE-MEDICATED MURDER if it's carried to the act ! Lying in wait with murder is TWO STRIKES , here in California. (
a) Lying in wait;

b) Torture;

c) Poison;

d) A destructive device;

e) An explosive;

Question my brother , in your 'Christian ' thinking ... how many counts ( strikes ) would our brother John be charged with in California in this age ? Then there's the Federal charge of conspiracy ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy

In my attempt to change moccasins with you to determine if your ( ??????? ) is meant maliciously or NOT is futile .
The sect of ' calvinism ' is not uniquely different that the other 50,000 " sects " in that ' each ' has many doctrines correct . In my conclusion of six decades of study . My criteria for a correct denomination is very simple . If they profess YAHshua / Jesus HAS came in the flesh as Scripture proclaims . Don't refuse a great deal of Early MSS , they have my SEAL / MARK ! This in no way is a YES to Fellowshipping with them , no matter how good of cooks their women are .
I'll consider your ( ??????? ) , if I can convince myself you wont endorse checks with your mouth you'll pay for at the furnace . In all truth , my brother I can't see that happening at any time , now or in the FOREVER & EVER of tomorrow .

Hallelu-YAH .
Wat8.jpg

Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

a) Lying in wait;

b) Torture;

c) Poison;

d) A destructive device;

e) An explosive;

Hallelu-YAH .

Please reply in language that an elementary teacher wouldn't fail immediately for making no sense.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fact is, scriptures do support "Till all are one".

In this sinful world, it is evidenced by the many denominations. One group believes one way, another group believes another.

In this sinful world, we (Christians) are not yet in that glorified body. But some glorious day we will be.

In heaven, there will be no denominations, nothing to separate Catholics from Baptists.

So until that day...

God Bess

Till all are one.

Please do not take offense, but your words "till all are one" suggests Univeralism (i.e. that everyone will go to Heaven eventually). Hence, the statement, ... "till all are one" (in Heaven). Everyone bowing before the LORD is not expression of "till all are one." For this is not the end of the story. Also, everyone will bow whether want to bow or not. After that, everyone will face different destinations. The wicked will be destroyed and the saints will go to Heaven. So not all creation will not be one in the End. So in my view, saying "till all are one" by itself is a false statement that the Bible does not teach. Unless of course you were to provide a verse so as to reference what you were talking about. Then it would be true only in that context (if it is true in the first place - which I do not believe it to be).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Who is our Father, the Creator and Sustainer of Heaven and Earth and all that is in them.

We believe that no mind can understand or can conceive the wonder of our God, He and He alone spoke this magnificent world and all of its wonderful diversity into existence in six evenings and mornings and rested on the seventh day.

We believe that He revealed Himself in His Son Yeshua the Messiah, who was the Word made flesh, the visible manifestation of the Father on earth, the brightness of the Father’s glory and the very impress of His Being, and that He came to show us the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

We believe that God, Who is from everlasting to everlasting, and is perfect in all his ways, spoke through His prophets and promised to redeem the world from sin and death through His Messiah and to make Him a light, first to His people Israel and then also to the Gentiles.

We believe at the appointed time God fulfilled this promise, and sent forth His Son, Yeshua, Who was born by the power of the Holy Spirit, through the Virgin Miriam. He was offspring of David through Miriam, and off spring of God through the Holy Spirit, and He spoke the very words of God.

We believe that by His sinless life, death on a Roman stake, and glorious resurrection, He has accomplished our eternal reconciliation with the Father.

We believe that the Messiah’s redeemed Kehilat (Community) is the true family of God. That His family is made up of Jews and Gentiles who trust in the redemption He secured. His Kehilat is made up of those who before he came longed for His redemption, and since He came who have trust He accomplished that redemption.

We believe that when He ascended into Heaven, He was seated at the right hand of the Father and though He is seated in Heavenly places, the Messiah did not leave us but, according to His promise, has sent us the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, to be with us, and through Whom we have the assurance of forgiveness of sin, and guidance into all truth and fullness of life.

We believe that through His guidance we become part of a New Covenant, no longer needing a man to teach us how to live lives that satisfy the standards of God’s Torah but the Holy Spirit will lead us into living lives that rise above the minimum standards set forth in Torah. This guidance supersedes Mishnah, Talmud and Church dogma or any of man’s legalism but in no way nullifies God’s Eternal Torah or any other part of the Bible as it is God’s infallible word and our final authority.

We believe that baptism is the first step in our new walk with Messiah and that we are baptized into Messiah Yeshua and into his death. We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Messiah was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

We believe with absolute faith in the return of the Messiah to rule and reign on the earth, the Holy Spirit, Who raised up Yeshua from the dead, bears witness with our spirits that we are sons of God, and will also raise our mortal bodies in the resurrection and we will reign with Messiah.

We believe that God did not cast off His people Israel, but that the whole family of God will be saved.

We believe that it is the will of the Messiah Yeshua, that we witness that he is Messiah and the Son of God to all people both Jews and Gentiles, until His coming again to establish His glorious kingdom and rule on this earth.

We do not believe: any form of replacement theology to include, Two House / Ephramite theology; Sacred Name doctrine; Aviv barley reckoning of the Festivals; or the Lunar Sabbath doctrine.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please do not take offense, but your words "till all are one" suggests Universalism (i.e. that everyone will go to Heaven eventually).
Jason,
While this is addressed to Deacon Dean, what you have stated is totally incorrect. Here is the Scripture which supports "till all are one" and applies strictly to the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body): Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph 4:13).

The first phrase can easily be paraphrased into "till all are one" without doing violence to the meaning of this verse. UNITY = ONE. So I think you owe Deacon Dean an apology for suggesting Universalism (which is a false doctrine).

Here's what Universalism would sound like: EVERYONE WILL BE SAVED EVENTUALLY REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO CHRIST.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look to whom it's addressed ;
1Sha’ul, an emissary of יהושע Messiah by the desire of Elohim, to the set-apart ones who are in Ephesos, and true to Messiah יהושע:

2Favour to you and peace from Elohim our Father and the Master יהושע Messiah.

3Blessed be the Elohim and Father of our Master יהושע Messiah, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Messiah,

4even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be set-apart and blameless before Him in love

Anything in this indicating a hint of a second chance to ANYONE HERE ?
Checkout how it's closed ;
23Peace to the brothers, and love, with belief, from Elohim the Father and the Master יהושע Messiah.

24Favour be with all those who love our Master יהושע Messiah, undecayingly! Amĕn.

UNDERCAYINGLY ...... 'WOW' ..... Amen .

Hallelu-YAH ........ UNDERCAYINGLY !

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jason,
While this is addressed to Deacon Dean, what you have stated is totally incorrect. Here is the Scripture which supports "till all are one" and applies strictly to the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body): Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph 4:13).

The first phrase can easily be paraphrased into "till all are one" without doing violence to the meaning of this verse. UNITY = ONE. So I think you owe Deacon Dean an apology for suggesting Universalism (which is a false doctrine).

Here's what Universalism would sound like: EVERYONE WILL BE SAVED EVENTUALLY REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO CHRIST.

As I said, if a person provides no verse when saying "till all are one" (as you have done to give it context), then such a statement by itself suggests that "all" is speaking about all people (Which is not true). He did not provide a verse to clarify what he meant. So no. What I said was correct. For there is no way for me or anyone else to know that the word "all" that he used is not referring to "all people." Unless of course he provided a verse or some other words to clarify what he meant by the word "all." For why didn't he provide Ephesians 4:13? He gave me different verses so as to explain what he meant that I did not agree with.

In other words, all he would have to do is add either - Ephesians 4:13 after what he said or add the words "the Elect" or "the saints" in between the word "all" and "are one" so as to clarify that he is not suggesting "Universalism" (Even though that is not what he believes).

To put it to you another way, it would be like Rick saying, "I like a lot women." At first glance, most would assume that Rick is a talking about how he is attracted in an intimate way towards lots of women. This is how most people would understand such a statement. But if we add context to it (with more words), it could completely change that statement to mean something that is not in any way related to Rick's interests on an intimate level with women.

So providing "context" is key to giving clarity to what someone is really trying to say (And so as to avoid confusion by others).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please do not take offense, but your words "till all are one" suggests Univeralism (i.e. that everyone will go to Heaven eventually).

In the first place, this is the Fundamentalist room, and as such, any opinions expressed towards universalism would not be allowed.

Secondly, you evidently haven't been a member here very long or else you'd know that from me.

[quote="Jason0047, post: 68640358]Hence, the statement, ... "till all are one" (in Heaven). Everyone bowing before the LORD is not expression of "till all are one." For this is not the end of the story. Also, everyone will bow whether want to bow or not. After that, everyone will face different destinations. The wicked will be destroyed and the saints will go to Heaven. So not all creation will not be one in the End. So in my view, saying "till all are one" by itself is a false statement that the Bible does not teach.[\quote]

Here again, is this not a "Christians" only area? nuff said.

[quote="Jason0047, post: 68640358]Unless of course you were to provide a verse so as to reference what you were talking about. Then it would be true only in that context (if it is true in the first place - which I do not believe it to be).

...[/QUOTE]

My words to you..whatever.

If I'm talking to my son, or you for that matter, and I say "Go get that Hymnal", do I have to supply the inferred subject of "you"?

This is a "Christian" area, and as such, I'm always addressing all "Christians".

In fact, any further remarks about this will be regarded as "off topic" to the subject of this thread, and dealt with accordingly.

Expect no further replies from me on this subject.

And I'm gonna keep on saying it.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can do whatever you wish, but true believers are bought and paid for with a price and they are not their own. We are not to just love the brethren and minister to the brethren, but we are to light the light of Christ shine before all men. Please do not take offense, but there are people who happen across this site who may not be aware of your club house rules. Wouldn't it be best to communicate to them (i.e. the lost) so as not to confuse them? I say this not to offend or wound you in any way. But so that others may merely understand you better.

In any event, may God's love shine upon you.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Statement of Faith: Matthew 25:31-46.
I saw this letter on my facebook feed and darn near cried.

I am just one person...yet I believe I am the face of many. I am a woman, I am a wife, I am a minority, I am soon to be homeless. Why? Because I can't find a job. I've moved from here to there to somewhere else to take a job. My last job...I moved, and 4.5 months later, got told “we don't have any work for you, have a nice day”. So...I did what every other “displaced worker” does, and applied for unemployment. I took a temporary job that lasted a few weeks to try to stretch the 21 weeks of unemployment I was “awarded”. It has now run out.

I am a piping designer with close to 20 years' experience. I have sent out over a thousand resumes to companies all over the country. Of the handful of interviews I've managed to achieve, I've been asked what I believe to be discrimnatory questions in the interviews, such as “how do you feel about working in a male dominated environment?” and “how well do you handle stress?”. I don't have any problem with either one...if I didn't want to work in a male-dominated environment, I'd have never gone into an engineering field, and as regards stress...I've survived things that would crush most.

My husband is disabled...he narrowly escaped pancreatic cancer by having his pancreas removed. He's now a brittle diabetic. He's also a veteran, 24 years of combined active duty and reserve Naval service. He does not qualify for VA benefits because I “made too much money last year”. So...in order to keep him alive, I applied for medicaid. Thank God for that...he'll stay alive, for now.

We bought into the “American Dream”. I went back to school at 37. I THOUGHT that by getting an education I'd be guaranteed entree into the world of the upwardly mobile. We bought a house, we bought new cars. The new car got sold. The house got sold at a loss, erasing my entire inheritance from my parents...we thought we were being smart by making a large downpayment on our house, yet, we sold it at a loss, even after the eighty thousand dollar downpayment.

We are now a week away from being homeless. A week away from having one more black mark...an eviction. A week away from making it even harder to find another home. A week away from losing what little we have been able to regain. A week away from having to take my pets to a shelter and saying good bye to them. A week away from becoming another statistic, another “lazy” person who isn't trying to lift herself by her bootstraps.

I've lifted myself by my bootstraps. I was a teen, unwed mother. I was a homeless mother of three. I worked the crummy jobs, my kids got free breakfasts and lunches at school because I couldn't afford to feed them yet made too much money for food stamps. I lived in the cockroach infested income limited apartments. I went back to school, I learned a skill that I thought would forever keep me out of that situation. We stayed out of debt.

The fuel that runs the economy is the purchase of goods and services. In my current situation, I can't afford to purchase much of anything. I can't afford to get my washer fixed (which would be nice), I can't even afford to go to the laundromat. I can't afford to even buy the supplements that my doctor recommended I buy to improve my health. We aren't buying new clothes, new shoes, getting a vehicle repaired. We are doing nothing to put any money back into the economy. My loss of income has a ripple effect.

There are millions more like me, yet we are characterized as “takers”, derided as lazy. I want to work, I want to support my family, I want to live that middle-class life I was promised by you, if I pulled myself up by my bootstraps, if I worked hard, if I made sacrifices...I did all that...to what end? To end up losing everything and sleeping in a 1999 Ford Expedition with expired tags because I can't afford to renew them?

I expect more from my country, from the elected officials who were elected by US, your constituents. Instead there's a whole lot of posturing and obstructionist behavior by our leaders. These leaders have made a career out of “public service”. They take my tax dollars and the dollars they gain from their sponsors to parrot the current party line...they talk about having to cut social programs to pay for their pet programs. They talk about people like me like we aren't worthy of a meal, a home to live in or to afford medical care. They don't care that a vial of insulin costs over two hundred dollars or a single bottle of the pancreatic enzymes that enable my husband to digest his food costs close to five thousand dollars.

There are those who claim to be “pro-life” yet do not think that a 53 year old man's medical needs are important, knowing that without those expensive medicines, he will die. Is that really being pro-life? Is that fetus really more important to you than the 53 year old husband, father, grandfather and veteran? Is that fetus really more important than the family that is living in the streets? If so, your priorities are all screwed up.

All I ever wanted was a career, a home, the opportunity to go on vacation now and then, to be able to take my grandchidren to Disney one day. Instead I have the opportunity to see everything I've worked for go up in flames.

I am trying to reach out to this woman and see if I can help her find a job....

Thank you for making sure the American Dream became unachievable. My parents worked to achieve their American Dream. My father was a vet who was a skilled tradesman. He made enough money to buy a house, two cars in the driveway, a little put back for a rainy day, and a little more to leave to his only child; me. Now, I see that the American Dream was really just a dream. Even with a skill, even with living a frugal life, it can all disappear in a minute. Employers put employees out on the street to protect their bottom line. They offer crummy health insurance plans to protect their bottom line, knowing that their employees can't afford the deductibles. Companies pay as little as they can get away with to enrich their stockholders. They avoid paying taxes that would help others. Then, the people who were elected to represent John Q. Public don't. They represent whoever is enriching their coffers, offering tax breaks, and other perks to those who don't need them. They call these people “job creators”. Well, it would seem to me that an economy based on the sale of goods and services would be better off if the rest of us had a little money to spend. We could then afford to buy new clothes, new cars, go out to eat, buy a house. Instead we're left to our own devices, told to “get a job” and stop being lazy. We're not lazy. We WANT to work, we want our little slice of the pie.

I thought I was doing everything right. I bought into the idea that I could have a better life if I raised myself up by my bootstraps. I see now that I was sold a bill of goods and I'd really like my money back. Just call me a dissatisfied customer.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Romans 3:20-31 would pretty much cover my statement of faith, certainly unto salvation. Being a fundamentalist I tend to stick with what scripture actually requires to be saved, not man made doctrines that came about after the first century that added to it
Hebrews 10 :16&17 would also be good statement of faith, as that is the core foundation upon which the new covenant is built

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think Romans 3:20-31 would pretty much cover my statement of faith, certainly unto salvation. Being a fundamentalist I tend to stick with what scripture actually requires to be saved, not man made doctrines that came about after the first century that added to it. Hebrews 10 :16&17 would also be good statement of faith, as that is the core foundation upon which the new covenant is built

When you read Romans 3:23 you have to also read the context of Romans 3:11 that says there is none that understandeth and there is none that seeketh after God, too. Meaning, Romans 3:10, and Romans 3:23 cannot be speaking about faithful believers in Jesus Christ who have repented of their sins because if that was the case, then it would have to equally be true that Romans 3:11 is saying that there is none that understands and there is no one that seeks after God (Which is simply not true). We know there are believers who have understanding of God's Word; And we know there are believers who seek after God. So obviously verses 10 and 23 is not talking about faithful saints.

We know this because 1 Peter 4:1 says those who have suffered in the flesh have ceased from sin. Galatians 5:24 says they that are Christ's have crucified the affections and lusts. Even David said he hid His Word within his heart so that he may not sin against the LORD (Psalm 119:11).

As for Hebrews 10:16-17: Well, you have to keep reading on that one.

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," (Hebrews 10:26).

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." (Hebrews 10:38).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans3:11 is speaking of the natural state of man. Only a supernatural rebirth(being born again of the Holy Spirit) can change a person into wanting in their heart to obey.
Likewise verse 23 shows that all have sinned, none are exempt from this so all have fallen short of the glory of God. Or all have failed to be righteous in God's sight by observing the law, for the pass mark to be righteous under the law is perfection, with no slip ups.
Therefore man needs a saviour to be justified before God, for he cannot justify himself according to the law

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans3:11 is speaking of the natural state of man. Only a supernatural rebirth(being born again of the Holy Spirit) can change a person into wanting in their heart to obey.
Likewise verse 23 shows that all have sinned, none are exempt from this so all have fallen short of the glory of God. Or all have failed to be righteous in God's sight by observing the law, for the pass mark to be righteous under the law is perfection, with no slip ups.
Therefore man needs a saviour to be justified before God, for he cannot justify himself according to the law

Yes, it is true that one needs to be born again and spiritually changed by God to be able obey (Ezekiel 36:26-27). But believers ultimately are not doing the good work. It is Christ who does the good work in their lives when they surrender to Him (1 Corinthians 15:10) (Philippians 2:13).

Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23 is not speaking about those who have been born again. Believers will not remain in their sin as a way of life (1 Peter 4:1) (Galatians 5:24).

Also references in how we are not justified by the Law is speaking of the ceremonial and judicial laws within the Old Covenant Law of Moses. This is evident by looking at the context that mentions "circumcision." Simply look at the previous chapters.

However, there are many Commandments in the New Testament that a believer has to obey (with great peril to their soul if they do not obey). For example: Jesus says if we do not forgive, then the Father will not forgive us (Matthew 6:15). John says if we hate our brother we are like a murderer, and no murderer has eternal life abiding in them (1 John 3:15).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How anyone with a brain can actually believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old is beyond me!!

So seashells on tops of mountains did not miraculously erode away over millions of years?

And the discovery of T-Rex blood in one of it's bones doesn't do anything for you?

Upvote 0