Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
After receiving the Holy Spirit I can overcome the desires of the flesh at day one, and be able to understand and read the Bible with much more clarity before which is one of the reasons I enjoy reading it now.

Other than that I think the gift I received was the gift of miracles. My dog was in tremendous pain once, shaking and drooling I had no idea what was going on with him, and prayed for him to be healed. And after that he started feeling happy again, either coincidence or miracle.

one day my mom came home angry and frustrated which she sometimes takes that frustration on me. Sort of a reason why I tend to avoid contact with her. I pray for her to ease down and it works. She is not saved, and doesn't believe but I hope one day she decides to put trust in Jesus because I'm sure it will help her with her problems and give her a peace of mind.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
After receiving the Holy Spirit I can overcome the desires of the flesh at day one, and be able to understand and read the Bible with much more clarity before which is one of the reasons I enjoy reading it now.
Having received the Holy Spirit in 1974, I still regularly battle to overcome the flesh.

Upvote 0

AshAnn

Praise God !
Nov 30, 2018
C-NY
✟22,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Other than that I think the gift I received was the gift of miracles. My dog was in tremendous pain once, shaking and drooling I had no idea what was going on with him, and prayed for him to be healed. And after that he started feeling happy again, either coincidence or miracle.

one day my mom came home angry and frustrated which she sometimes takes that frustration on me. Sort of a reason why I tend to avoid contact with her. I pray for her to ease down and it works. She is not saved, and doesn't believe but I hope one day she decides to put trust in Jesus because I'm sure it will help her with her problems and give her a peace of mind.

I understand how challenging it can be to have a family member unsaved and flooded with anger ( ialso used to be an unbeliever with anger). I will pray for your Mom and also for you as I know it can be very emotionally exhausting to be the focus of another persons anger.
As far as my spiritual gift I actually have the Gift of Mercy and the gift of exhoration. I am certain of this being a gift because prior to being saved I was very unmerciful and I would take pleasure in hurting others emotionally. Sometimes now I will come out of a conversation and wonder how in the world I was able to lovingly speak truth on a subject I normally would deliver in a raw abrupt manner. The truth is when I am in those moments God uses me and my gift to assist others. My gift is not about me in anyway it is mainly to help others and glorify God. When I realized these were my gifts I initially rejected it because of my past behavior. Then it occurred to me that a gift of God would most likely be consealed by the enemy as long as possible to try to stop me from being who I am, who God says I am and who I am called to be.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I understand how challenging it can be to have a family member unsaved and flooded with anger ( ialso used to be an unbeliever with anger). I will pray for your Mom and also for you as I know it can be very emotionally exhausting to be the focus of another persons anger.
As far as my spiritual gift I actually have the Gift of Mercy and the gift of exhoration. I am certain of this being a gift because prior to being saved I was very unmerciful and I would take pleasure in hurting others emotionally. Sometimes now I will come out of a conversation and wonder how in the world I was able to lovingly speak truth on a subject I normally would deliver in a raw abrupt manner. The truth is when I am in those moments God uses me and my gift to assist others. My gift is not about me in anyway it is mainly to help others and glorify God. When I realized these were my gifts I initially rejected it because of my past behavior. Then it occurred to me that a gift of God would most likely be consealed by the enemy as long as possible to try to stop me from being who I am, who God says I am and who I am called to be.

Wow!!!!

It is profoundly encouraging to read about how what was once your weakest area... is now one of your strongest!

I think that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus has a great sense of humor and really likes making us strong in ways where we were once exceptionally weak!

Reactions: AshAnn
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure but I am pretty sure I posess some of it's fruits...lol before you claim to have any gift of the holy spirit become familiar with it by seeing if you have the fruits of the holy spirit first...the holy spirit fills us with peace and love and helps us grow in it so we become like Jesus and his character...

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I am Peter and on my rocks (gifts) the Church of Christ Jesus is being built up...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Not sure but I am pretty sure I posess some of it's fruits...lol before you claim to have any gift of the holy spirit become familiar with it by seeing if you have the fruits of the holy spirit first...the holy spirit fills us with peace and love and helps us grow in it so we become like Jesus and his character...
EVERY believer should be moving in the gifts of the Spirit

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Just as a natural baby receives gifts so the same is for a spiritual baby...

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I am Peter and on my rocks (gifts) the Church of Christ Jesus is being built up...
Peter was never the Rock, a title reserved exclusively for God or Jesus himself.
And neither are the gifts a reference to the rock.

• Agree
Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Just as a natural baby receives gifts so the same is for a spiritual baby...
I am grounded in love, abounding in joy, overflowing in peace, the goodness of God permeates my conduct, longsufferring in body, self controlled in behaviour..

Upvote 0