Discussion What is your favorite version and/or publisher of the Bible?

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can find competent bible commentaries online that will help you have a better understanding.
I was reading one from a gentleman that lived during the late 19th century.
Biblehub has a lot of those.

You know what I'd really like to do.
Go straight to the source.

Imagine reading the real texts (even a photo / pdf of them). Imagine understanding each scripture / fragment that is available. Where it was found, what it says, knowing the language it's written in.

Understanding the culture of the times and what the text meant to those people.

Tim Mackey does that sort of stuff - I don't know if he is right about everything but I like his podcasts and youtubes.

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I imagine archeology is fine when you can have students doing all the digging. :)
I invited some students to join me on a dig.
They got pretty fed up with it - blamed ME and stormed off !!!

Why?? I don't know!! I was just out for a dig, they assumed it was archeological. I'm not that fancy.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Currently I enjoy the Scofield Study Bible 3 in the NKJV.

I have only found a few questionable "scholarly" comments at the bottom of the page, but otherwise I enjoy it. It has a nice readable format and the notes are not too intrusive to distract from that. It's made by Oxford and smyth sewn, so it will have a lot of durability. It's a little bit of money if you want a leather version, but you can find them on sell at times.

The one you don't have to look how it was ORG written? Lol..yeah hard to find that one other then reading in Hebrew/Greek haha. I duh KJV.. close to the org for me. Amp.. and then on and on. In the end always looking how it was org written and praying .. best to know why how He was saying.

Upvote 0