What is your definition of "successful"?

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think what makes a person successful or not is what they did with the gifts God gave them.

It's not about money, status, the benefits package, or the great retirement at the end of it all. If you've done the best you could do with the talents and interests God gave you, and you have been obedient to Him, and you have given the glory to God, that is what I consider success.

Now, after I've said all that, can I say that for myself? Not really. But it's not too late:).

I agree with you 100%

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Finding love and finding your 'niche' in life, whatever that might be.

I don't care at all about money, status, or power. None of that matters. As long as I can find a "Mrs. Ringo" and my place in life, I'll be happy.
Ringo

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Simon P

Jan 6, 2022
Rugby
✟13,250.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For me, being successful is about understanding and realising my potential. My potential is a God given gift and God wants me to realise it.

Through realising my potential I am able to create value - human, material and financial. We need all the types of value in balance. Money in itself is not a bad thing - it is our intention for having it and what we do with it that matters. Do I want to have money because I'm greedy or do I want to money to be able to take care of my family?

Creating value in itself is not enough, we need to take the value we create and use it benevolently to help others. There is so much suffering in the world and it is our duty as Christians to help those who are in need.

I feel success is found through realising potential, creating value through that and being able to use the value benevolently in the service of others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums