Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mark,

To be re-awakened by God and through Jesus, The Holy Spirit (Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Highly Immortal One) fully opening up my Heart receiving Jesus speaking to my Heart through our Heavenly Mother Mary initially and then Jesus.

ie cracking my Heart open (chiselling away the hardness through healing every aspect of my Childhood and Adult Life and Soul, forgiving everyone from my past, most of all, from my Heart, being remorseful and sorry for sinning against and hurting Jesus Sacred Heart and our Heavenly Mother's Immaculate Heart, through:

. Praying the Holy Rosaries several times daily
. Fasting a few times per week
. Attending Confession then
. Returning and attending Holy Mass 'receiving' Jesus
. Focussing on Jesus Stations of His Holy Cross and the Agonies that Jesus endured both during His Life walking on Earth for His 33 years and then being arrested for God and all of us, enduring all unimaginable pain until tears stream down my face as my Heart finally opens each time during prayer.
. Praying hard to Jesus for His Love, Humility and Patience flowing through me to pass on to my Brothers and Sisters in Christ and praying to our Heavenly Mother for Her Love and Humility to flow through me including God's Loving Wisdom and Enlightenment and strength to successfully complete His Callings.

This is my Jesus (Christianity) being re-born Mark,

Love to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
this is one topic where sometimes there is a bit of confusion between Catholics and Non-Catholics

in Catholic theology, we are born again at Baptism, a once and for all change, we have our original sin (and any other sins committed before baptism) forgiven and we are united with the Body of Christ

the life changing experience of really knowing Christ and being on fire for Him is sometimes called "conversion of the heart" by Catholic mystics (I do not mean the word mystic in the occult sense, but rather I mean people who focus on a personal, spiritual, relationship directly with God)

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"conversion of the heart." thank you for the words! I had been a little reluctant to use the evangelical/protestant "born again" term because it seemed like in liturgical churches that referred to Baptism. Yet there was a definite time where I went from being involved in dark things to realizing God loved me, and I have been committed ever since. I had been wondering how to describe that without sounding like a Baptist

Reactions: Guru03
Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My born again experience has been coming closer to Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Mother, through our Heavenly Mother three years ago.

My Heavenly Mother first commenced speaking to my Heart three years ago through the Holy Rosaries prayed three times a day and Jesus' Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Thereafter, I prayed and asked Jesus if He could please stop me dying and heal me. Within ten days Jesus healed me through our Heavenly Mother without medical aid. I then asked Jesus while praying and fasting a few times a week when healthier, if Jesus could please intercede with my Son's medical condition that had been ongoing for a few years. Within ten days Jesus healed my Son of his medical condition. I then asked Jesus if He could please Bless my now grown up Daughter with the job she desperately wanted and needed after going through a couple of harrowing experiences. Within ten days Jesus Blessed my daughter with her dream job (her first job) despite not having the qualifications nor the experience nor the courses behind her.

I was then guided to remove material assets. I gave these away. I got rid of my home and prayed for where God wished to take me. Jesus has provided every one of my dwellings while carrying out His Callings through our Heavenly Mother.

Jesus/God has provided all funds in relation to every one of His Holy tasks in which many have been undertaken and completed by God through me as His Servant.

Jesus/God guided me to put funds away until this year in which I will be further carrying out His Callings somewhere far away. The month has been provided already. The destination has been provided by Jesus speaking to my Heart directly in December last year, during January and February this year.

Mother Mary is guiding me now throughout each day and pulling me up in the odd stressful situation to move on and continually repent on everything, fast regularly throughout each week (to block satan and temptations), to carry out God's Callings and doing the tough Love with grown up kids, in order for God's Callings to be completed (in a hurry).

Three years ago I would never have dreamed nor thought that most of Jesus/God's Holy Callings would have been made possible through myself. Jesus/God has proven me wrong on SO many many of His Callings that He has completed through me as His Servant and of course our Heavenly Mother Loving, Guiding, imparting Jesus/God's Loving Holy Wisdom on 'every thing'.

All the Glory and Honour are Yours Dear God our Heavenly Father now and forever.

Do you know that Mother Mary enjoyed figs and grapes while here on Earth! Did you know that our Heavenly Mother loved sewing (Tablecloths in particular), promoted me to use Vinegar for cleaning instead of commercial products last year, continually requests me to wash my hands before preparing food, all sorts of things over the past few years before and after having opened up my Heart to Jesus praying the Holy Rosaries.

It is my wish that many people change their lives to set time aside to pray as a Family, pray on their own for at least a couple of hours a day, focussing on Jesus Stations of His Cross, what Jesus endured, His Sorrows, His Agonies, until they crack open their Hearts to hear Jesus speaking to their Hearts and our Heavenly Mother Mary.

For me, it has always been the Holy Rosary since 2011 and then when I commenced praying Jesus Divine Mercy Chaplet a year later, I could feel Jesus around me while being guided by Him to heal from my past on every thing - Childhood and as an Adult. This has taken three years and I thank You dear God our Heavenly Father and our Heavenly Mother for our Holy Mighty One giving me this opportunity before dying and crossing over.

I have asked Mother Mary numerous times "what about the time my Daughter or Son's life had been saved, was that Jesus and You My Heavenly Mother?".

"Of course My Child", our Heavenly Mother responds.

"What about the time of such and such Mother Mary?"

"Always Jesus My Child".

Tears flow with the 'full' realization.

The millions of Blessings that my Family and self have received (the good things throughout Life) I have asked Mother Mary if every one of these things were all straight from Jesus/God.

"Of course, Jesus gives His Blessings and Special Graces through people. This has now changed where Souls must repent and be genuinely remorseful with an open heart to receive Jesus Special Blessings He has been giving for generations", Mother Mary answered.

I asked Mother Mary if Jesus/God had a pillow for His Head and if Mother Mary had a pillow for Her Head.

"Not at first My Child, later yes. Linen was used".

"The ground was very hard My Child".

I have asked if Mother Mary and (Saint) Joseph had a building/a home to live in while here.

"Many Homes My Child. Further, caves were used at times, these were swept out for inhabitance My Child".

"Jams were made, preserves, jam cakes, these were treats. Pickles, meat offered as a Sacrifice to God. Fish was mainly consumed".

"A great deal of fasting was done throughout My Life My Child".

"These were beautiful days and Nazareth a beautiful place then". With sadness in our Heavenly Mother's tone.

I asked Mother Mary was this as a Child only or as an Adult also.

"Both My Child".

"Those whom repent My Child will pass from this life to the next if genuinely remorseful to My Son. Those whom do not repent My Child, Jesus will be unable to save".

"That is all".

Thank you for this Thread and being able to contribute pat of my born again soul journey; all the Glory is Your Dear God our Heavenly Father now and forever.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
To be born again, we need to confirm ourselves when we know right from wrong and have gained faith, that it is what one wants. We must say Jesus is saviour from the wrong, sin. And saviour to the just end and gracious end, to love, and then we open our hearts to Him and ask for him to come to stay in our hearts, as Lord, onto our thrones. Or ones throne. Jesus must be understood to have the power to save, and the nature of love. We have to accept that he does not force in, or force rule, or sin...

Commitment for life, with the end of holiness and eternal peace and joy.

Then I was born again. I became a son, after being foul.

Upvote 0

quartzy

Jul 21, 2010
London, UK
✟19,828.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me being born again, it was a conversion to Jesus from the heart. All things became for him. But I had a physical born again too. My body and soul was washed with the warm waters right through as if my whole body was baptised. It was wondrous. I have now back slid though and I come one here to get closer to God.

Upvote 0

KatyDanes

Jan 12, 2007
✟15,147.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
sister, you wont come closer to Jesus by spending time on the internet.. you will only get distracted..

There is no way around spending time directly with Jesus if you want renewed intimacy with him. I know this is hard... very hard work, but its the only way. I am where you are..and I would much rather spend 3 hours on the internet with a cake in my hand, than spending 40 minutes in prayer a day and maybe fast just once a month.

I truly believe the internet and TV is distracting many people away from prayer, Biblereading, charitable work, and really being present with people and with duties that need to be done.

Without a serious prayerlife there is no growth in the interior life.. and the Holy Spirit cannot do much. Tough but true.

Hugs and blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heal92

Mar 28, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am not a Catholic by the way...

I believe Born Again is when you repent and ask Jesus to come in to your heart.

Holy Spirit comes in to your heart
Then you can feel the presence of God (Feel the love of God)

then you will know God is love not because the Bible says so.. but because you actually encountered Jesus and Know(intimately) Him.

God Bless You ^^

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God bless you and welcome to the forum my dear brother in Christ.

even thought this is called the Charismatic Catholic Renewal subforum, it has been my experience that this place is very open and welcoming to Catholics and Protestants who see the work of the Lord in their life :)

Upvote 0

Ted Lang

Checking Out SOON!
Jul 13, 2014
✟497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
receiving Jesus speaking to my Heart through our Heavenly Mother Mary

You know, I've been studying the Word of God for years... and I don't recall the Bible mentioning anything about Jesus speaking to us thru Mary.

Is there any scripture that says this is how Jesus communicates with mankind?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You know, I've been studying the Word of God for years... and I don't recall the Bible mentioning anything about Jesus speaking to us thru Mary.

Is there any scripture that says this is how Jesus communicates with mankind?

well, over the years, there have been many visions of the Virgin Mary that have born good fruit

Upvote 0

Ted Lang

Checking Out SOON!
Jul 13, 2014
✟497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, this belief is based on nothing Jesus taught or nothing from the authorized Word of the Father taught by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ as He directed all of the writers of the Bible ... but came from something a few folk saw?

I'd think God is fully capable of putting His literal will in a Book... and give it to mankind cause you know, seeing stuff can be risky since people see all kinds of stuff that contradicts God's written Word.

I could never accept anything anybody saw unless it agrees with scripture... but I'm sure that's just me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ted Lang

Checking Out SOON!
Jul 13, 2014
✟497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But, that doesn't say anything about Jesus speaking to mankind thru Mary.

If the Bible does not direct us to expect and believe this, then how can it possibly be true?

I mean if we are going to accept visions alone as God's will... inspite of the vision having nothing to do with scripture... who's to say David Koresh's vision of being the Lord's right hand man wasn't also true, and of course the government didn't like him for that so they killed him.

I guess I just don't understand how someone can accept a vision as being more true than the direct teaching of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ found in God's written Word?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
But, that doesn't say anything about Jesus speaking to mankind thru Mary.

If the Bible does not direct us to expect and believe this, then how can it possibly be true?

I mean if we are going to accept visions alone as God's will... inspite of the vision having nothing to do with scripture... who's to say David Koresh's vision of being the Lord's right hand man wasn't also true, and of course the government didn't like him for that so they killed him.

I guess I just don't understand how someone can accept a vision as being more true than the direct teaching of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ found in God's written Word?

well we see that in the Old and New testaments that people have had visions, seen angels, ect
so I do not think that this would stop
as for Koresh
his views contradicted Christian doctrines, so we know that he was not legitimate

Upvote 0