DrCIH

Nov 4, 2011
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
✟7,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most people do not understand the wedding as we do. For me the wedding in the church is to tell God "Look what wonderful wife I've found. Can I be with her?", but instead they look at it like it's something to show their low manners. Yes after the wedding ceremony in the church we can drink and dance, but this i s something different :).

Upvote 0

Joshua G.

Mar 5, 2009
U.S.A.
✟5,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I sang at a wedding a couple of years ago and the bride was dressed like that. In fact the whole wedding was a disaster. The bride had to ride around the block a good few times because the priest was late. He basically lost it, because he was late and forgot to wear his pectoral cross, forgot to put out the crowns, forgot to light their candles. The koumbaros who had long hair spent the whole service flicking his hair around and posing for the cameras. During the gospel reading the were all shamelessly posing for the photographers and during the epistle reading the bride stomped on the grooms foot at the point where it says the woman should fear her husband ( a disgusting "tradition" that comes from an old Greek movie). And to top it all of the priest nearly led us into singing "Memory eternal" instead of "Many years"...which would probably have been appropriate in the circumstances. If the other priest had been there he would have kicked them out the church without hesitation!
wow... what a disastrous wedding!

Upvote 0