• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured What Is "To Walk As He Walked"?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Minister Monardo, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    1 John 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also
    to walk just as He walked.

Psalm 15:
    Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle?
    Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
    2 He who walks uprightly, and works righteousness,
    And speaks the truth in his heart;
    3 He has not spoken craftily with his tongue, nor
    does evil to his neighbor,
    Nor does he hold scorn against his friend.

2 Corinthians 4:2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame,
    not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully,
    but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s
    conscience in the sight of God.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    This covers that:
    What Does the Bible Say About Neighbors?

3. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Only if the topic is Neighbors, rather than "walk as He walked".
    Nothing about overcoming the lust of the flesh by living in the power of the Holy Spirit.
    Galatians 5:
    I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these
    are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,
    who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

4. SkyWriting

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Sorry, you don't approve of my response.
    It was a good one, responding to your exact passage.

What Does the Bible Say About Neighbors?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  5. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    A link to an online resource is rarely a good response. If you find that resource valuable,
    I have nothing contrary to say to that, go ahead and use it. You could have done so, found
    scriptures that were on topic and shared them. Was I supposed to comb through that list of
    scriptures? No, that is what you should do. That is your source, I don't need to make it mine.
    Furthermore, as I pointed out, the topic was not about being a neighbor, but the elements
    of walking as he walked.
    As I point out in my response, which you did not reply to, is to walk in the Spirit, which did not
    make it on that list. Is this your way of responding to correction, an insincere apology, and
    a self-approving comment? Sorry, but you are off topic.

6. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Are we doing this again? I do not consider an online link
    with a long list of scriptures to be a response. I call it a data dump.
    Maybe share your own thoughts on post#3, which was in response
    to your "good one".

7. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    deleted

8. SkyWriting

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    OK ok:
    I get the same complaints if I use scripture or don't.

Minister Monardo said:
    How should we treat our neighbors and walk as Jesus walked?

Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Matthew 7:12
    “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22:39
    And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Galatians 5:14
    For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

James 2:8-16
    If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.

So to walk as Jesus walked means treating others well. Love other people as you would lay down your life for them, even your enemies.

Obey local law created by your neighbors even as Jesus did and died to prove it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  9. Dkh587

Dkh587 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,669
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    he walked in obedience to God.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Nathan@work

[email protected] Always ready :)

+347
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    To your point....

John 5:19 (ESV)
    So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. SkyWriting

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, those are the same topic. Walk like Jesus, do like Jesus, speak like Jesus, pray like Jesus, treat others like Jesus treated others.

12. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+3,637
    Messianic
    Single
    Jesus set a sinless example for us to follow of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so that is how to walk as he walked and how David understood what it means to walk uprightly, work righteousness, and spoken truth in his heart.

13. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Galatians 5:
    I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these
    are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

14. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    2 Corinthians 4:2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame,
    not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but
    by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s
    conscience in the sight of God.

15. SkyWriting

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, walk like Jesus, do like Jesus, speak like Jesus, pray like Jesus, treat others like Jesus treated others.
    We don't seek more truth from one passage from Paul in place of 100 other passages which reveal God's expounded message on how we should act and what is the greatest commandment.

Mark 12:31
    The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Matthew 7:12
    “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  16. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    You missed my point here. 2 Co 4:2 was a part of the OP post #1. You could have just as easily
    focused in on that verse, rather than the one word "neighbor" in Psalm 15 and ran with that. We could
    have found ourselves discussing "manifestation of the Truth". You are still trying to justify your
    original response, but how about you do me a favor, and use your resource for cross references
    to this verse and post the link. We'll see how well that "covers the topic", just out of curiosity,
    not to perpetuate a fairly word discussion.

17. Soyeong

+3,637
    Messianic
    Single
    Do you want me to guess why you quoted those verses?

18. Minister Monardo

+1,795
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Are you saying you need an explanation?
    You said walking as Yeshua walked means obeying Torah.
    The verse I quoted states clearly something else is needed.
    He is called the promise of the Father.

Romans 8:
    There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk
    according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God by sending His own
    Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
    4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according
    to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

19. Soyeong

+3,637
    Messianic
    Single
    Indeed, walking as Yeshua walked means obedience to the Torah through the leading of the Spirit. In Romans 8:3-4, Jesus set us free from sin so that we might be free to obey the Torah and meet its righteous requirement. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh who refuse to submit to the Torah. In Galatians 5:19-22, everything listed as works of the flesh that are against the Spirit are also against the Torah, while all of the fruits of the Spirit are aspects of God's nature that are in accordance with it. In Ezekiel 36:26-27, the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Torah.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve Supporter

+6,644
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's a tall order.
    What exactly does that mean to walk JUST as Jesus walked?
    If we live in him (abide), we ought to also live (walk), as he lived.
    How did he live? And to what degree (just as), are we to live that way?

Are we then to wander the countryside as a homeless person with twelve others, going village to village healing the sick, raising the dead and casting out demons?

Or should we focus less on those specifics and understand that Jesus fulfilled what God sent him to do, and we should do likewise? Thus walking just as he did.

I pretty much drive everywhere. Does that count? - lol
    Didn't Jesus say that travel would increase?