What is the sudden attraction to children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How is acceptance, by an increasingly wider audience, that drag queens are entertaining, related to male privilege?
How is it entertaining? It's disgusting IMO. It's male privilege because they degrade and mock women.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Traditional Christian theology sees homosexual **behavior** as sinful and cannot be condoned under any circumstances. As a Christian, I accept this. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
Yes, Jesus had a lot to say about homosexuals.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Jesus had a lot to say about homosexuals.
We're getting off topic now, but he did say marriage was between one man and one woman. Matthew 19. Besides, LGBTXYZ was not common/practiced in that culture.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Traditional Christian theology sees homosexual **behavior** as sinful and cannot be condoned under any circumstances. As a Christian, I accept this. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

But this thread isn't about homosexual behavior at all, it is about drag performers reading to children. This theological opinion is irrelevant to the discussion.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
But this thread isn't about homosexual behavior at all, it is about drag performers reading to children. This theological opinion is irrelevant to the discussion.
Most drag performers are gay men.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it entertaining? It's disgusting IMO. It's male privilege because they degrade and mock women.
You are obviously not their audience but those who attend are entertained. I understand the shows have elements of singing, dancing and comedy. They wear over the top costumes as pert of their act. I don’t see drag as inherently degrading to women.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are obviously not their audience but those who attend are entertained. I understand the shows have elements of singing, dancing and comedy. They wear over the top costumes as pert of their act. I don’t see drag as inherently degrading to women.
They have a right to do what they want, I don't have to like it, regardless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
No, it doesn't. Plus again, isn't "homosexual behavior" (the thing you claims is what you hate) about the sexual acts?
How does it not imply it? How often do you see straight men act as drag queens? Not often.

I do not agree with the lifestyle at all.

• Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
We're getting off topic now, but he did say marriage was between one man and one woman. Matthew 19. Besides, LGBTXYZ was not common/practiced in that culture.
He had a lot to say about marriage and adultery in that Matthew pericope.
Christians are NOT heeding those teachings, and from what I hear from Christians a sin is a sin.
Why are only the homosexuals pounced upon and not those who don't follow Jesus's marriage teachings?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He had a lot to say about marriage and adultery in that Matthew pericope.
Christians are NOT heeding those teachings, and from what I hear from Christians a sin is a sin.
Why are only the homosexuals pounced upon and not those who don't follow Jesus's marriage teachings?
Fair enough. You're right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Your experience is irrelevant to what drag queens in general, think.
Quite frankly, I do not care what drag queens think. I still think it's tacky and distasteful, regardless. :)

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I like Shakespere, I gather from certain folks here we should not be around children.
Well, a lot of his works involve someone in drag. It is an integral part of 'As You Like It' and the recent performance of 'Much Ado About Nothing' that I saw had both male and female actors in drag. The woman who played Hero's lady in waiting, who was the cause of Hero's problems was also one of the members of the night watch that were the solution to those problems.

I do not have an issue with those who like or even love Shakespeare. I do have an issue with those who worship him.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have had cross dressers and drag queens almost for as long as we have been a country. They have been in movies, in vaudeville, shows (Remember Rue Paul?) televisions shows etc. But in the last 18 months they have been attracted to children (I am NOT speaking sexually) (repeat, I AM NOT SPEAKING SEXUALLLY) (REPEAT, I AM NOT SPEAKING SEXUALLY).

My curiosity asks why? I'm not asking if it is right or wrong - I am asking what is their motivation to read books to children?

It's just so antithetical to their purposes and audiences of the past. Their mission has always been entertaining and titillating mostly a male dominated adult audience.

What is their purpose?
The whole culture revolves around shock value. They want to get conservatives all worked up so that they will make false accusations about them and they can sue in court and win another discrimination case thus giving them more leverage against those who oppose them. It’s a strategic tactic to do something that will really get conservatives concerned so they can gain support against us without them actually doing anything wrong. Kind of like pretending to be guilty when you’re innocent so you can draw out your accusers and rub it in their face when they falsely accuse you of doing something wrong when you actually haven’t. That’s what I think.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How does it not imply it? How often do you see straight men act as drag queens? Not often.
Do you have a survey that says "drag = gay"?
I do not agree with the lifestyle at all.
What exactly is this "gay lifestyle" you object to? Can list the various components of it for us?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.