What is the role of Israel?

God says that their will be a remnant of Israel left when Jesus returns to rule for a thousand years. there will be the 144 thousand who will be sealed from God(12,000 from each tribe of Israel), at the beginning of the tribulation period.
I am sure that they will bring and win more to the Lord.
Half way through the tribulation. The Anti-Christ will enter the newly rebuilt Jewish temple and will profess himself as god.
Jesus speaking of this in Mathew 24 tells them "those who are in Judea, flee to the hills. If anyone is in the field, do not go back to your house. and those on rooftop don't go back into the house to get anything". Jesus tells them to leave and leave fast.
When Jesus was with his disciples and were looking at Jerusalem below, from the MT. of Olives, Jesus wishes that he could have gathered them like a hen gathers her chicks. And then speaks, they will not see him again until they call for him. The tribulation , is to bring Israel to it's knees and to bring them back to God.

------------------
Eyrie
Maranatha!!!

Upvote 0

FFX

PS2 Chick with Passion
Dec 11, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟15,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hi eyrie... Welcome to the Forums!! Hope to see you around!!

-- back to the question... I've actually wondered that myself... but when you think about it... just being born an Israeli/Jew doesn't automatically let you get into heaven --

Upvote 0
Fact is, if you believe the Bible,

Rom 11:26
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Having said that let the scriptures explain;

Rom 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Eph 3
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit ;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Eph 2
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The total some of all believers is ISRAEL.

Richard

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The other day a Jewish person posted about why they do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah. To me it seemed to center on the building of the temple. If someone would rebuild their temple and bring peace to them... then that is who they are waiting for. A peace treaty and a temple is all. I think the anti-Christ could manage that...don't you?

So I can see them welcoming the anti-Christ into the new Temple.
I hope I am wrong. :(

I also remember in Revelations that there are two prophets who preach the Gospel again. They are killed because all nations hate them. Three days later God takes their bodies to heaven. Maybe this is what wakes up the Jewish people?

I do believe, God has a plan for salvation that definitely includes the Jews.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0
It's a well known fact that they scoured the world for a pure strain cattle that will produce an unblemished RED HEIFER; in order that the new temple (tabernacle) together with all the untensils might purified so they can return to sacrificial worship.

Notice what the word says concerning Israel, and their deliverance;

2 Cor 3
13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away .
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The LORD in view here, is Jesus that spirit.

When they turn to Him;

Jhn 19
36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Zec 12
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn .

He reveals Himself to them they recognize Him, and the whole nation mourns for Him whom they have pierced.

This at the end times when He shall save that remnant of Israel.

Rev 1
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him : and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Blessings to all,

RICHARD

Upvote 0