what is the longest you have gone without sinning?

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so far its been 3 months. I got the holy ghost 9 months ago or so i've went about... 3-4 months without sinning, before those 3-4 months I sinned twice starting out.

But yeah so far 3 straight months without sin. Who the son sets free is free indeed!!

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1 John 1:8, If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth

Yep we are all born in sin and shapeth in inequity. All have sinned and come short before the glory of the lord.

But through salvation...

Being then made free from sin ye became the servants of righteousness (romans 6:18 or something like that idr)

you can be sin free!

Also low key this thread is depressing.... "we are sinners all the time, we can't be Christ like (christians)" like dang... no one believes in sanctification anymore. Just this pessimistic vibe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think the question misses the point. Sin is not a bunch of chalk marks added up until the next time you ask for forgiveness. It is something we are born in and can't escape. When is the last time I sinned? Sin is a part of me and regardless the actions I take to do good I can not remove the sin. It's like asking when is the last time you went swimming when we are all bobbing around in the middle of the ocean.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, we have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God. We sin over and over and over, and a loving God forgives us and tells us to go and sin no more, knowing full well that we will sin because we are flawed human beings.

Remember that many, perhaps the majority, of our sins are not by what we do, but rather by what we do not do.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Heb 10:1 For the Law, being only a reflection of the blessings to come and not their substance, can never make perfect those who come near by the same sacrifices repeatedly offered year after year.
Heb 10:2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped offering them, because the worshipers, cleansed once for all, would no longer be aware of any sins?
Heb 10:3 Instead, through those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year after year,
Heb 10:4 for it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Heb 10:10 By God's will we have been sanctified once and for all through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus, the Messiah.

Heb 10:18 Now where there is forgiveness of these sins, there is no longer any offering for sin.​

If you remain conscience of your sins, then you are still living by the law and not the grace of Jesus Christ. I am not saying that we do not sin, I am saying we need not think about sin, except for consequences of sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

This is an odd question. What difference does it make to your living to know?

Here's what God says about each one of His children concerning sin:

Romans 6:6-12
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

The modern Church has been overtaken with the idea that constant sin is an unavoidable fact of living. Sin, apparently, is an unshakeable and terrible "monkey" on the back of every disciple of Christ, crushing them to the ground at every turn. Doesn't sound like the victorious, holy living described in the Bible as the joyful prospect of every believer who abides in Christ.

Romans 6:17-18
17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Romans 8:2-4
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:12-13
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors--not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

I don't go in for the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-eyed notion of sinless perfection, but I certainly think Scripture gives us ample reason (see above) to think that as we walk with God and go deeper with Him, sin can become the exception rather than the rule in our lives.

As I have read the myriad responses over the years on hundreds - maybe thousands now - of threads on this site, it has been made evident that much of what was once common knowledge among believers has been crowded out of view entirely by the steady juvenilization of the Christian community. Pastors today often make doctrine the enemy of godly love, preaching that the former necessarily diminishes the latter, and this false dichotomy has led many Christians to ignorance of the deeper, "meatier" truths of their faith. Believers have also become increasingly sensual about their faith and worship of God, preferring the hyper-stimulation of a Hillsong concert, or the emotional chaos of being "slain in the Spirit," to three or four hours spent in quiet, worshipful, thoughtful study of God's Word. And as this slide into spiritual immaturity has progressed, the idea that sin must rule the believer alongside the Spirit has become one of the most deeply entrenched false beliefs of modern Christianity.

Galatians 5:16
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Selah.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is an odd question. What difference does it make to your living to know?

Here's what God says about each one of His children concerning sin:

Romans 6:6-12
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

The modern Church has been overtaken with the idea that constant sin is an unavoidable fact of living. Sin, apparently, is an unshakeable and terrible "monkey" on the back of every disciple of Christ, crushing them to the ground at every turn. Doesn't sound like the victorious, holy living described in the Bible as the joyful prospect of every believer who abides in Christ.

Romans 6:17-18
17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Romans 8:2-4
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:12-13
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors--not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

I don't go in for the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-eyed notion of sinless perfection, but I certainly think Scripture gives us ample reason (see above) to think that as we walk with God and go deeper with Him, sin can become the exception rather than the rule in our lives.

As I have read the myriad responses over the years on hundreds - maybe thousands now - of threads on this site, it has been made evident that much of what was once common knowledge among believers has been crowded out of view entirely by the steady juvenilization of the Christian community. Pastors today often make doctrine the enemy of godly love, preaching that the former necessarily diminishes the latter, and this false dichotomy has led many Christians to ignorance of the deeper, "meatier" truths of their faith. Believers have also become increasingly sensual about their faith and worship of God, preferring the hyper-stimulation of a Hillsong concert, or the emotional chaos of being "slain in the Spirit," to three or four hours spent in quiet, worshipful, thoughtful study of God's Word. And as this slide into spiritual immaturity has progressed, the idea that sin must rule the believer alongside the Spirit has become one of the most deeply entrenched false beliefs of modern Christianity.

Galatians 5:16
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Selah.

tbh I can easily say I agree with this 90% wish more people would realize sin doesn't have to stay some part of you... bible says if right hand offend thee cut it off.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't sound like you actually are asking for Christian advice, but we know from Scripture that even the just man falls seven times a day. Therefore, any answer would have to be in terms of how many minutes ago.

Thanks, I had no idea where to publish it and was wondering if my experience is average.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,794.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The last words of my favorite author, John Bunyan, were....

"Weep not for me, but for yourselves. I go to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will, no doubt, through the mediation of his blessed Son, receive me, though a sinner; where I hope we ere long shall meet, to sing the new song, and remain everlastingly happy, world without end. Amen."

So John Bunyan left this word a confessed sinner. But he went out in faith in Jesus Christ. I would suppose that we are all sinners and that it is part of our life.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe the Bible when it says such were some of you tbh. It's possible to be free from sin. Everyone you see has a view on this though. Some believe you can lower it while others it's your friend or you can't get rid of it. or some that you can get rid of it all.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Being then made free from sin ye became the servants of righteousness (romans 6:18 or something like that idr)

you can be sin free!
Uh, no. What is meant is that you can be free from the grip of sin and the consequences of sin. We all sin, even after accepting Christ.

Upvote 0