✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Cliffy.

It's a movie i just heard about recently, and its based on a true story, and based in Australia. The main character is based on Cliff Young, a most unlikely runner in one of the most challenging marathons, against all kinds of odds.

It's a "keeper".

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My sister didn't want to see Once Upon a Time In Hollywood with my nephew and niece (good call), so we ended up watching Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (film) - Wikipedia...it wasn't bad...better than I expected it to be...had that teen cult feel (if that's a thing) and a good moral to the story. I guess it was a book series first, so I would watch a sequel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hidden Figures.

An excellent movie, based on the real lives, of three brilliant, yet rendered "invisible", and unheralded and unrecognized women of color, who were the "brains" behind John Glenn's flight at NASA.

An absolute and abiding treasure, and a must-see.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Togo on the Disney Channel.

The story is about the lead sled dog that was the hero of the 1925 sled relay that carried vital medicine to Nome, Alaska, to fight an epidemic.

The dog Balto gets the popular credit for that feat because he was the lead dog of the final leg to Nome, having run 30 miles that night.

But the real hero was Togo, a dog who ran over 250 miles over the toughest terrain of the run...at the age of 12 which is like 85 in dog years. The big question was whether Togo would survive the odyssey.

I had never known that Togo was the real hero leader dog, and that Balto was given celebrity that Togo actually deserved. After watching the movie, I checked the facts--it's not a secret at all, Togo was the real hero.

Interestingly, Willem Defoe plays the musher who owned Togo. What's interesting is that unlike most of Defoe's roles, in this movie he plays a man who has a wonderful relationship with his wife, and he is a friend of great repute and respect by everyone in the area. There is actually no human conflict in the movie--all the humans are striving together. The antagonists are the disease and the forces of nature.

Defoe does play somewhat to form, however. As a musher, he's still kind of maniacal...but it took being maniacal to get the job done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0