What is the difficulty of getting into heaven?

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7), so to obediently rely on the law that God has instructed for righteousness is to rely on God for righteousness, not on our own. Trying to become righteous on our own would need to involve doing something other than relying on God's law. Knowing Christ is the goal of the law, not the end of it. Laws for how to act in accordance with Christ's nature can't be ended without first ending Christ, which is your goal. I've never spoken in favor of obeying works of the law, but have only spoke in favor of obeying the Law of God.

God gave a new law for THE GENTILES( NOT ISRAEL who disbelieved)

Gentile Christians believe in Christ rising to receive the Spirit, and bearing ones another's burdens can only be by that belief if sincere and assured.

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

1 Corinthians 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's law is how the Israelites knew what iniquity is and iniquity is willful transgression of it, which is what you promote instead of being set free from it by Christ and believing in him. In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we believe that Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins, then we will become zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law (Acts 21:20).

In Romans 7:25, Paul contrasted the Law of God with the law of sin, so the Law of God is not the law of sin. We have been set free from the law of sin in order to be free to obey the law of God, but you want to be set free from the Law of God in order to embrace the law of sin.

Israel don't know what sin is, that is why they embrace it, it is satan.

Sin is when Christ gives you the knowledge of God, to take us away from that darkness of satan to Gods light ONLY BY FAITH THAT IS IN HIM...

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Son abides forever, by giving His life to be Spirit forever, and no ,longer flesh.Now we believe in the Spirit/ Christ and no longer believing in the flesh/law)

Can you acknowledge that Romans 8:4-7 contrasts those who walk in the Spirit with those who have minds set on the flesh, who are enemies of God, who refuse to submit to God's law?

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

In Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth, so can you acknowledge that you reject the truth?

In John 8:31-36, it is sin in transgression of God's law that puts us in bondage while it is the truth that sets us free.

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The way that we live expresses and testifies about what we believe to be true about the nature of who God is, which is why doing good works in obedience to God's law gives glory to Him (Matthew 5:13-16), and this is why there are many verses that connect our obedience to God with our believe in him. For example, in John 6:40, those who believe in Jesus will be given eternal life, and in Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commandments, so obedience to God's commandments is the way to believe in Jesus.

You admitted you are unstable and keep changing your view.

They cant shine as lights until given light into them

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, in Romans 10:5-10, it references Deuteronomy 30:11-16 in regard to saying that God's law is not too difficult to obey, that the one who obeys it will attain life by it, in regard to what we are agreeing to obey when we confess that Jesus is Lord, and in regard to believe that God rose him from the dead (Titus 2:14).

Thy live by it, as the sentence of death is in it for disobedience

Ezra 7:26 And whosoever will not do the law of thy God, and the law of the king, let judgment be executed speedily upon him, whether it be unto death, or to banishment, or to confiscation of goods, or to imprisonment.

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Following the letter of the law undermines both the intent of what God has commanded and why He has commanded it, which therefore leads to death just as assuredly as refusing to submit to it.

Everything in Scripture testifies about how to know Christ, and this is what the veil was preventing those who read the OT from seeing, but it is a veil that works both ways by preventing you from seeing the same thing.

The letter of the law is because it is without Spirit, not difficult to know.

faith is the only way to take it away

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
God gave a new law for THE GENTILES( NOT ISRAEL who disbelieved)

In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Torah. Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey the Torah by word and by example, so Gentiles can look at what he taught and decide whether or not to become his follower, but Gentiles can't following him by refusing to follow what he taught.

Gentile Christians believe in Christ rising to receive the Spirit, and bearing ones another's burdens can only be by that belief if sincere and assured.

The Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Torah (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

In Isaiah 51:7, the righteous are those on whose heart is the Torah, but you want nothing to do with it or being righteous.

]Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

God's righteousness is eternal, so this could not refer to a change of the law in regard to its content, such as with it becoming righteous to commit adultery or sinful to help the poor, but rather the context is speaking about a change of the priesthood, which would also require a change of the law in regard to its administration.

1 Corinthians 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

In 1 Corinthians 9:21, Paul used a parallel statement to equate the Law of God with the law of Christ, so because you reject the Law of God you are also rejecting the Law of Christ, especially because Christ is God.

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you acknowledge that Romans 7:25 contrasts the Law of God with the law of sin and therefore it is not the law of sin?

Romans 7:25 was answered at the beginning of the chapter already

The law is dead to us by the body of Christ ( now we are under faith, no longer a law school master)

fruit only comes by belief in that Spirit of God being given to free us from non fruit( the law)

Nobody in the law in Israel in anyone can have fruit without this belief of Christ rising from the dead to eternal life.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth, so can you acknowledge that you reject the truth?

In John 8:31-36, it is sin in transgression of God's law that puts us in bondage while it is the truth that sets us free.

God sent another law, a necessity of a change of the law.

It is the law of faith.( before the law was not faith, now it was changed TO BE FAITH)

( Israel did not hearken)

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Torah. Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey the Torah by word and by example, so Gentiles can look at what he taught and decide whether or not to become his follower, but Gentiles can't following him by refusing to follow what he taught.

T

Your many ( repeating) words mean only you never hear swiftly.

Jesus cant teach what He came to magnify and make honourable, that would mean He came to do nothing.

Isaiah 42:21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Israel don't know what sin is, that is why they embrace it, it is satan.

Sin is when Christ gives you the knowledge of God, to take us away from that darkness of satan to Gods light ONLY BY FAITH THAT IS IN HIM...

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

You really think that the Israelites had no idea what sin is? How does it even make sense to you for the OT to speak about sin if they didn't know what sin is. Again, Romans 3:20 says that the law was given to give us knowledge of sin and Romans 7:7 says that Paul would not have known was sin is if it weren't for God's law. Christ gave us knowledge of God by spending His ministry teaching us how to obey God's law by word and by example.
Thy live by it, as the sentence of death is in it for disobedience

Ezra 7:26 And whosoever will not do the law of thy God, and the law of the king, let judgment be executed speedily upon him, whether it be unto death, or to banishment, or to confiscation of goods, or to imprisonment.

Then stop promoting disobedience to it.

The letter of the law is because it is without Spirit, not difficult to know.

faith is the only way to take it away

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Romans 7:25 was answered at the beginning of the chapter already

The law is dead to us by the body of Christ ( now we are under faith, no longer a law school master)

fruit only comes by belief in that Spirit of God being given to free us from non fruit( the law)

Nobody in the law in Israel in anyone can have fruit without this belief of Christ rising from the dead to eternal life.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

So yes or no: Will you acknowledge that Romans 7:25 contrasts the Law of God with the law of sin and is therefore not the law of sin?

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

In Isaiah 51:7, the righteous are those on whose heart is the Torah, but you want nothing to do with it or being righteous.

only after they receive the law that proceeds from Him( stop resisting and ignoring it is very bad of you today you are so rebuked/answered)

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's righteousness is eternal, so this could not refer to a change of the law in regard to its content, such as with it becoming righteous to commit adultery or sinful to help the poor, but rather the context is speaking about a change of the priesthood, which would also require a change of the law in regard to its administration.

In 1 Corinthians 9:21, Paul used a parallel statement to equate the Law of God with the law of Christ, so because you reject the Law of God you are also rejecting the Law of Christ, especially because Christ is God.

The change of the law is Spirit, now not written inn tables of stone, now in the heart/ the love of God shed in us for BELIEF CHRIST ROSE

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You really think that the Israelites had no idea what sin is? How does it even make sense to you for the OT to speak about sin if they didn't know what sin is. Again, Romans 3:20 says that the law was given to give us knowledge of sin and Romans 7:7 says that Paul would not have known was sin is if it weren't for God's law. Christ gave us knowledge of God by spending His ministry teaching us how to obey God's law by word and by example.

So yes or no: Will you acknowledge that Romans 7:25 contrasts the Law of God with the law of sin and is therefore not the law of sin?

They didn't know what sin is, as they all died in sin.

Now they began to know what righteousness is, because of the righteous rising of Christ to take away sins( a blind darkened conscience) replaced by a good conscience in the rising of Christ from the dead

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0

servant7777

Jul 4, 2022
bolton
✟6,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Y

The law is what shows man as sinning, and Christ is what shows man to stop sinning, that is why we cant be in the law but have to be in Christ.

The knowledge of Christ by the remission of our sins, to die for our sins( light comes through Christ in us after He died and rose again)

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Also you must lie to say you change your opinion, you change nothing at all we can all see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Also you must lie to say you change your opinion, you change nothing at all we can all see.

I grew up as a Baptist, so I've changed my opinion from that to my current beliefs, so if nothing else, it demonstrates that I can change my opinion about something major, and that you are guilty of slander.

When you refuse to acknowledge what the Bible says and repeatedly say things that the Bible directly contradicts while refusing to change your views, then it does not give me much motivation to change my views and it seems strange that you would be criticizing me for not changing my views.

Upvote 0