✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by LouisBooth
Sorry quaf, you have to live in a fallen world, you're actually commanded to do so and as cause you are subject to get sick and you can actually be poor too.

I may live in it but I'm not of it (Jesus' words), so that makes you wrong Louis. . . :D

And what about PS 91

NIV:

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD , "He is my refuge and my fortress, an my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the LORD , who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD , "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

New KJV:

Psalm 91

I Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress;My God, in Him I will trust."

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler; And from the perilous pestilence.

4 He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge;His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,And ten thousand at your right hand;But it shall not come near you.

8 Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place,

10 No evil shall befall you,Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;

11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,To keep
you in all your ways.

12 In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra; The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble;I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I may live in it but I'm not of it (Jesus' words), so that makes you wrong Louis. . . "

*chuckles* that's exactly what I said. You're in it thus you get sick, you're not of it because you don't sin like everyeone else, or you shouldn't anyway. Read hebrews 12. God uses sickness and sometimes causes it. Its his will. God says no sometimes to healing as well quaf.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"I may live in it but I'm not of it (Jesus' words), so that makes you wrong Louis. . . "

*chuckles* that's exactly what I said. You're in it thus you get sick, you're not of it because you don't sin like everyeone else, or you shouldn't anyway. Read hebrews 12. God uses sickness and sometimes causes it. Its his will. God says no sometimes to healing as well quaf.

I'm not of it, meaning I don't have to partake in anything it offers.  Period.  Jesus does not offer me sickness so why should I take it.  He's never said no when I asked Him for healing. 

Maybe He loves me best . . . :D   JUST KIDDING! 

To those who believe they've heard a "no" from God when you requested healing. . .it was not His voice you were hearing.  If you are abiding in Him, whatever you ask He will give. 

Now it may not manifest immediately . . .but none the less, you are healed.  We are to walk by faith, not by sight.  The problem is that most people keep talking according to what they see in the natural, instead of what God says.

I don't know where the scripture is so I ask help from those out there who might know the exact wording. . .there's a scripture that says something about "God speaking the things that are not, as though they are."  I know it's in the NT.

The point is, we need to get our mouths in agreement with the Word of God.  Death and life are in the power of the tongue.  Now that's a wise word from Solomon.  He was saying something important.  We should listen.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Right on Quaffie. I posted this elsewhere but since its brought up again, here it is...

Out of Egypt

Egypt in the Bible represents the secular world. Just as God saved the Israelites out of Egypt through Moses, Christians are saved out of the world through Christ.

* John 15:19
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

* John 17:14
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

* John 17:16
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

This is one reason why we need not suffer like the world does in terms of sickness (and many other bad things). Sicknesses are of the world. Sicknesses belong to the world. Christians are in the world but not of the world. Christians are of God's kingdom.

In Deuteronomy 28:60, God calls diseases, "of Egypt". In God's eyes, sicknesses are of the world. But in God's kingdom -- and we are of His kingdom -- there are no diseases!

* Deuteronomy 28:60
60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.

* John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"He's never said no when I asked Him for healing. "

And I hope that continues but don't be surprised if he says no sometime.

"If you are abiding in Him, whatever you ask He will give. "

Exactly and abbiding sometimes mean looking at the wisdome behind a no.

"Egypt in the Bible represents the secular world. Just as God saved the Israelites out of Egypt through Moses, Christians are saved out of the world through Christ. "

Interesting Andrew..so when we are threatened we should go into the world? Christ fled to egypt as a sancuary.

"This is one reason why we need not suffer like the world does in terms of sickness (and many other bad things). Sicknesses are of the world. Sicknesses belong to the world. Christians are in the world but not of the world. Christians are of God's kingdom.
"

Exactly we are not OF THIS WORLD, but we are IN THIS WORLD, and are commanded to be IN THIS WORLD. Thus we are subject to sickness.

Sorry andrew, if your view was right then you should never get sick at all, but you do, so I'm gonna say based on the bible and experience, you're wrong :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.