What is the creationist paradigm for fossil formation?

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Since Hissonear cannot answer a simple question in his thread I thought I would start a thread on it.

What is the creationist paradigm for the fossil record?

Found along a subduction zone?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since Hissonear cannot answer a simple question in his thread I thought I would start a thread on it.

Probably something about them being sorted in the flood... somehow.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Wouldn't you love to know.

Unfortunately there is a priority list God goes by of things needed to be known by those who do not know Him. The very specifics of the Creation like sedimentary rock, fossils, and thr like are low on His revelation list. High on the list is a heart open to hear and know Him. He is what a person is to seek and know about, plain and simple. Gentiles rather seek earthly wisdom and knowledge, like your OP request.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think the explanation was that the creatures on top could swim better or run faster towards the mountaintops.

They have tried those poor explanations in the past, but they were shown to be wrong. So, I am wondering if any creationist here can come up with what creation "scientists" have not been able to develop yet

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Well, there you have it. If you really want to know what caused it, become a christian and you will be told in heaven. Perhaps.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Unfortunately there is a priority list God goes by of things needed to be known by those who do not know Him. The very specifics of the Creation like sedimentary rock, fossils, and thr like are low on His revelation list. High on the list is a heart open to hear and know Him. He is what a person is to seek and know about, plain and simple. Gentiles rather seek earthly wisdom and knowledge, like your OP request.

We cross posted so I missed this for hours.

It seems that Heissonear is almost being honest here. He seems to be admitting that creationists have no idea how the fossils got into the order that they appear in. In other words he is admitting, albeit tacitly, that fossils support only the theory of evolution.

Thank you Hissonear!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,913,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Beats me.

What does it matter?

If we say hydrological sorting due to the Flood, then we get exceptions brought up.

If we say chaotic sorting,* then we're told it's in a nice, neat order.

And polystrate fossils? don't even mention them!

Then you guys wonder why we can't explain it.

* Now THERE'S a contradiction in terms!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Coward.
Worthless thread.

I don't know if I would call AV a coward.

And why is this a worthless thread?

Does it point out the obvious? That creationists cannot explain the fossil record?

That is the whole point. Evolutionists can explain the fossil record. It perfectly fits what the theory of evolution predicts. Now if creationists were honest and did not try to quote mine various evolution scientists I would not have had to start this thread.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Beats me.

What does it matter?

If we say hydrological sorting due to the Flood, then we get exceptions brought up.

The problem is that there is nothing even resembling "hydrologic sorting" And there is no chaos. The fossils perfectly fit the model made by the theory of evolution. Lastly there are no polystrate trees. Those were explained over a hundred years ago.

You need to come up with something new.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Does it point out the obvious? That creationists cannot explain the fossil record?

That is the whole point. Evolutionists can explain the fossil record. It perfectly fits what the theory of evolution predicts. Now if creationists were honest and did not try to quote mine various evolution scientists I would not have had to start this thread.

I was calling you.
Dare to respond to post #2?

Upvote 0

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Beats me.

What does it matter?

The reason fossils can't be explained in terms of a recent global flood and young earth is that neither are true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

SuperChristian25

No it doesn't.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,913,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The reason fossils can't be explained in terms of a recent global flood and young earth is that neither are true.
The reasons fossils and geologic structures can't be explained in light of a global flood is because, according to the doctrine of evolution, the fossils and geologic structures came first.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The reasons fossils and geologic structures can't be explained in light of a global flood is because, according to the doctrine of evolution, the fossils and geologic structures came first.

Wrong, it can be shown that there was no flood.

The various sedimentary deposits found on the Earth cannot be explained by flood "geologists" without running into a fatal flaw.

The fault is not that of evolutionists, it is that of creationists.

That is why flood "geologists" avoid testable hypotheses. All they have is laughable nonsense to say the least.

Upvote 0