New Jersey
✟336,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I feel uneasy. I've often seen it done in a way that makes Christianity look terrible, and I don't think I've ever seen it done in a way that would invite people to consider Christianity as something that's good.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How do you feel about cold-approach evangelism for christians what is the best way for doing ?

Are you talking about going to a home and knocking on the door and then trying to evangelize

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you feel about cold-approach evangelism for christians what is the best way for doing ?

These days, many people are simply untrusting of those who approach them to talk uninvited. I'd probably avoid any direct entanglements so you don't get accused of accosting them. Furthermore, you need to be careful in public; you can't tell who is sane and who isn't and those who won't get violent on you if you begin to "tell them about Jesus." Lastly, you need to know, and not guess, that you're actually being called by the Lord to directly engage people on the public level. Don't just do it like an amateur. Besides, most folks have already heard of Jesus, and many have already had various experiences with Christian Churches and or Christian families.

On the whole, just be civil and friendly. That often says a lot.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
These days, many people are simply untrusting of those who approach them to talk uninvited. I'd probably avoid any direct entanglements so you don't get accused of accosting them. Furthermore, you need to be careful in public; you can't tell who is sane and who isn't and those who won't get violent on you if you begin to "tell them about Jesus." Lastly, you need to know, and not guess, that you're actually being called by the Lord to directly engage people on the public level. Don't just do it like an amateur. Besides, most folks have already heard of Jesus, and many have already had various experiences with Christian Churches and or Christian families.

On the whole, just be civil and friendly. That often says a lot.
Aren’t we are all called to spread the gospel ?

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
most folks have already heard of Jesus, and many have already had various experiences with Christian Churches
Good point.
---
Abundance of Christian resources..in US.
- One of the most evangelized countries.
---
I was involved in street evangelism/outreach ministry..years ago.
---
My perspective is..
- Spiritual Renewal/Awakening is needed in North America.
*It is considered..the last Spiritual Awakening was in 1970's.
- The fourth Awakening.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aren’t we are all called to spread the gospel ?

We are. But you have to take your time, place and culture into consideration. If, like me, you're in the U.S., then we have to recognize that we're not exactly situated in 1st century Greece and/or Rome. No, it's a different ball-game today ...

,,, and we probably will need to lean more toward "showing" we are Christians by demonstrating grace, mercy, love, compassion, empathy, sympathy, and a bit of Critical Thinking, rather than going around, annoyingly, evangelically, "telling" everyone we are Christians and inviting them to come to the Jesus whom they've already heard about 100 times over.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't just do it like an amateur.
I like that comment. Not everyone is a gifted public speaker. Some can do more harm than good. I think we do best if we can live lives of joy and kindness. Then people ask, "How do do it?"

Of course there are others who have a natural gift to proclaim. Still others can be trained and educated to become better.

A good place to start is within our own churches. Plenty there in need of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like that comment. Not everyone is a gifted public speaker. Some can do more harm than good. I think we do best if we can live lives of joy and kindness. Then people ask, "How do do it?"

Of course there are others who have a natural gift to proclaim. Still others can be trained and educated to become better.
So who has the fire in their heart to get out there and do it?

Bets place to start is in your own church and get some experience and feedback. And don't have a thin skin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums