What is the best way to do away with evil...?

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Neogaia777. The best way to overcome Evil, is to fight evil with love. Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is LOVE, and God wants loving sons and daughters.
The Bible tells us: give up all selfish desires and wants, ask God for Love and Compassion, then thank God and share all love and compassion with our neighbour: ( all we know and all we meet, friend and not friend) Love is VERY catching, and once we ask God for Love and Compassion, and then thank God, we can share all love and compassion, and joy and peace with all around us. God will see our loving and caring, and God will BLESS us greatly. Keep asking for Love and Compassion and joy and peace, and treat all we know and all we meet as we would love to be treated. God IS LOVE, and God wants loving men and women: give up all selfish desires and wishes. Why not try it, Neogaia? Remember that love is very catching. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I like different peoples opinions on "What is the best way to do away with evil...?" In our world, in ourselves...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Good topic. We will never be free of evil, unfortunately, until the Good Lord wills it. However, in this day and age, the best we can do is call evil evil and good good, because we are living in the times where these two are easily confused, in my humble opinion.

In ourselves, repent.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Neogaia777. The best way to overcome Evil, is to fight evil with love. Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is LOVE, and God wants loving sons and daughters.
The Bible tells us: give up all selfish desires and wants, ask God for Love and Compassion, then thank God and share all love and compassion with our neighbour: ( all we know and all we meet, friend and not friend) Love is VERY catching, and once we ask God for Love and Compassion, and then thank God, we can share all love and compassion, and joy and peace with all around us. God will see our loving and caring, and God will BLESS us greatly. Keep asking for Love and Compassion and joy and peace, and treat all we know and all we meet as we would love to be treated. God IS LOVE, and God wants loving men and women: give up all selfish desires and wishes. Why not try it, Neogaia? Remember that love is very catching. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
I said that in post #4, and someone else said it too, in this thread, and I agreed... But the truth in love, or the love in truth, is kinda what I'm thinking now...

Thanks Emmy,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I like different peoples opinions on "What is the best way to do away with evil...?" In our world, in ourselves...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
To me, you just have to make sure you are not a person who usually chooses and deals with things in the form of not caring at all in certain situations. An evil person may think that way sometimes...You can live in a way of wanting results in a mean way but if you are correct in the way of justice in terms of helping people or something, then yea, helping people in open arms in a high, advanced, peaceful way like God wants us to be like, then you're turning away from evil but to deal with getting results in a mean way and aggression being there, then you're not turning away from evil.
Try not to pattern yourselves in the correct answers of Lucifer's ways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible never speaks of removing evil from existence. The very last chapter of revelation itself speaks of evil existing outside of the New Jerusalem in the new heaven and new earth, along with everyone who desires being able to freely drink of the water of life at any time. It also speaks of healing the nations etc., but it's clear that outside of the city is where evil people dwell. Think about that.
As a spiritual truth (as opposed to perceiving with the five senses), entering in(the New City/His rest/Heaven/marriage feast with hidden manna...) is promised (today is always today) when we can 'see' it. Single of eye returns (what happened to Adam and Eve in the garden) and we no longer eat of it (tree of knowledge). Look at how Adam and the woman perceived where they were (and kicked out of) before eating in the midst of the garden.

I "see" no evil people because all are God's creation. I 'see' desolation.... Who are we to condemn what God has made. There are two types of people...those who have awakened to the Truth and those who yet sleep in the dust realm/world perceiving/vantage point. His kingdom is not of this world and "Come out of her" is the call. To those who overcome the world, the promise - "I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." and that requires a Day of the LORD that goes from darkness/Night to Light/morning...which was before He hung the sun, moon and stars...which relates to perceiving and the question "Where art thou?" asked after the fall.

Duality within is division which must be seen(a scattering) before the gathering back in by the Father...nothing is out of order, exactly as it should be. God is God of all and fills all in all whether we can yet 'see' it or not. He had a plan purposed in Himself since the beginning...which our end brings us full circle (back) to the beginning...Alpha and Omega...First Adam and the Last Adam...as ONE.

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think sin and free will go hand in hand, because isn't sin (correct me if I'm wrong), the direct disobedience to God's laws and commandments? It's a choice. I think that sin is a choice and can't ever be removed technically, but our choice making process can be renewed. Even the angels themselves (aka Lucifer, cough, cough) despite being in the full blown presence of God, still sinned. In fact, it makes me wonder...God also has free will...hence, he probably has the capacity to choose to do evil but God is very complex..the universe has laws both physical and spiritual...that will take us probably an eternity to fully understand...hence, we daily, unknowingly or knowingly break laws (sin) that we probably don't know exists...Ultimately, God is the Creator of all complexities, moral codes, etc... to keep the universe in balance, without physical laws, things will fall apart, without spiritual laws, society and the individual will fall apart. In the end, it all boils down to God, it's just really about Him. He is the Creator and all life flows from Him. The closer you become to Him, the easier it is not to chose sin. God is indeed kind in this, that He allows free will, He allows us to think, to be our own being, it's amazing!

This scripture popped in my mind...
19. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20. That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. Deuteronomy 30:19-20

Upvote 0

Bryce Harris

Jun 19, 2016
Texas
✟15,461.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship

Comments...?

God Bless!
Evil in this world is never going to be done away with completely until Jesus comes back. Now how do we do away with evil in ourselves? Jesus Christ gave you the victory over evil in your life at the cross he answered every evil passion, desire, and distraction at the cross. He gave you victory over your sin nature. When you come to Christ you are now a new creation and the old evil man that you once were is now done away with and to keep him from controlling your life and dominating it you just simply put your faith in Jesus and what he did at the cross because there is where he defeated all things and gave you the victory also.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums