What is the best way to do away with evil...?

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

When the duality within ceases, the battle is won as One. To overcome the world is to have our eye single (again) - Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. Paul said we see at first dimly in the glass the image being revealed, then face to face - know fully even as also I am known.

Perception/vantage point is key. The Day of God in creation week (before sun, moon and stars were even created) goes from Night (darkness) to morning (Light) which is a spiritual truth in perceiving as it relates to the question asked of Adam, "Where art thou?"

I was speaking specifically of who DOES AWAY WITH EVIL.

You are speaking of EVIL being done away with, within a person, and the results.

Still my response is the same. It is the Lord who does away with EVIL.

And to your comment, I agree, the reflection of Gods Work within a man, is reflective upon a man.

We can not SEE the works God does, within a man.
We can ONLY SEE the works Gods does, upon a man, which IS a reflection of Gods work within.

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking specifically of who DOES AWAY WITH EVIL.

You are speaking of EVIL being done away with, within a person, and the results.

Still my response is the same. It is the Lord who does away with EVIL.

And to your comment, I agree, the reflection of Gods Work within a man, is reflective upon a man.

We can not SEE the works God does, within a man.
We can ONLY SEE the works Gods does, upon a man, which IS a reflection of Gods work within.

God Bless,
SBC
Yes, it is only God who can do it. It is He who humbles and He who exalts in due time. Nothing can circumvent the process taking place within, and every man is somewhere within that process.
The Day of the LORD goes from Night(darkness) to morning (Light)...spiritually speaking, not by observation of the five senses.

He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I like different peoples opinions on "What is the best way to do away with evil...?" In our world, in ourselves...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

We cannot do away with evil in this world or within us..

We await the reasurection of the dead and the final judgement to see evil removed from us ( people who have believed God) and evil removed from our future place of existence..

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We cannot do away with evil in this world or within us..

We await the reasurection of the dead and the final judgement to see evil removed from us ( people who have believed God) and evil removed from our future place of existence..
Why do you perceive our place of existence as something far off? Today always means today. "Today is the day of salvation"

"The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Adam had a spiritual death (blinded to all God had for him) and Christ is our door (back) to the inheritance (already prepared).

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Eternal (lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning) life...we being the temple of God not made with human hands...the dwelling place of God. This old tent of flesh will perish, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why do you perceive our place of existence as something far off? Today always means today. "Today is the day of salvation"

"The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Adam had a spiritual death (blinded to all God had for him) and Christ is our door (back) to the inheritance (already prepared).

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Eternal (lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning) life...we being the temple of God not made with human hands...the dwelling place of God. This old tent of flesh will perish, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Yes today is the day of salvation. For all who believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for their salvation.. But it is not the day of transformation from corrupt mortal beings into perfect eternal beings.. The following scripture reveals this happening is still future...

1 Corinthians 15: KJV
51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. {53} For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. {54} So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

• Agree
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes today is the day of salvation. For all who believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for their salvation.. But it is not the day of transformation from corrupt mortal beings into perfect eternal beings.. The following scripture reveals this happening is still future...

1 Corinthians 15: KJV
51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. {53} For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. {54} So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."
It was spiritual death that happened in the garden. Christ is The Way back to that life (spiritually speaking)...Jesus said there be some who would not taste death til they SEE the kingdom...entering into His rest is a promise for today. Looking to the sky for a sign of His coming is a perception from somewhere other than being IN the Kingdom (which is within you) that goes back to the same question God asked of Adam (when his eyesight was changed and he was kicked out), "Where art thou?" Where we perceive from...of course our perception changes with the process taking place within (journey of our soul [reconciliation/back]) to being One by the spirit with the father and the son...

He can only give us what believe possible. Scripture tells us there is an image (of who we are in Truth) being revealed in the mirror and the mystery being revealed..."Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory. All the glory the first Adam had upon him before the fall and Christ is The door back to the inheritance prepared in the beginning.

Which Christ came to make us blind that we might see...and He came to take away our sin...the lamb slain before the foundation of the world. Eternal means lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning. THAT is the Life promised, today...IF we believe it possible.

• Winner
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was spiritual death that happened in the garden. Christ is The Way back to that life (spiritually speaking)...Jesus said there be some who would not taste death til they SEE the kingdom...entering into His rest is a promise for today. Looking to the sky for a sign of His coming is a perception from somewhere other than being IN the Kingdom (which is within you) that goes back to the same question God asked of Adam (when his eyesight was changed and he was kicked out), "Where art thou?" Where we perceive from...of course our perception changes with the process taking place within (journey of our soul [reconciliation/back]) to being One by the spirit with the father and the son...

He can only give us what believe possible. Scripture tells us there is an image (of who we are in Truth) being revealed in the mirror and the mystery being revealed..."Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory. All the glory the first Adam had upon him before the fall and Christ is The door back to the inheritance prepared in the beginning.

Which Christ came to make us blind that we might see...and He came to take away our sin...the lamb slain before the foundation of the world. Eternal means lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning. THAT is the Life promised, today...IF we believe it possible.

Another sinlessness in corrupt flesh preacher... I totally reject your doctrine..

Here is the truth, human beings who live in this current corrupt flesh shall never be sinless untill they are transformed upon the day of our resurection.. You and i will be sinners till the day we die..

• Winner
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I like different peoples opinions on "What is the best way to do away with evil...?" In our world, in ourselves...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
First, if you believe in God you will not do things that are evil. Secondly, if you read the Bible you will know the difference between good and evil. That means to obey the commandments, including thou shall not kill, and it is the new Testament, under Christ. We are soldiers of Christ, not any worldly army. Christ, when he was threatened, reviled not in response. He confirmed that with the Sermon on the mount. You will respect your fellow servants and with all humility, as you would also expect from them. Kindness, love, affection, and speaking softly, not abusive or angry.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another sinlessness in corrupt flesh preacher... I totally reject your doctrine..

Here is the truth, human beings who live in this current corrupt flesh shall never be sinless untill they are transformed upon the day of our resurection.. You and i will be sinners till the day we die..
He has caused me to enter into the kingdom/the city/His rest/the marriage feast and all that is promised to those who seek will find (within).

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then you reject the whole purpose of Christ's coming? It won't happen if we don't believe it can be so for He can only give us what we hope for...can 'see' as possible. With God, ALL things are possible...

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!

Personally, to repent of sin every moment and to trust in the grace of Jesus Christ, and to be obedient to Him (obedience in response to salvation, not to earn salvation).

The only way to stop evil in the world is to call all people everywhere to repent, and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. God is the only one who can stop the evil in this world, not any effort of man, since man has no ability to change his own heart or the heart of another person. Only God transforms the heart.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2017
New jersey
✟16,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel the best way to do away with evil is by addressing the issues of the heart. We so easily reject others and seem to put people off by not listening, or taking the time to care and give your perspective on the situation genuinely. In today's day and age it is a "gimme gimme" world we live in so we seek quick pleasures of the flesh instead of pleasures of the Heart. Remember that it is not what enters a mans stomache that makes him unclean, but what comes from his heart that makes him unclean.

Now I believe that the only true way to rid evil entirely is for Jesus to return and make all things new. However we can all make a dent in evil by just starting with the Heart.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel the best way to do away with evil is by addressing the issues of the heart. We so easily reject others and seem to put people off by not listening, or taking the time to care and give your perspective on the situation genuinely. In today's day and age it is a "gimme gimme" world we live in so we seek quick pleasures of the flesh instead of pleasures of the Heart. Remember that it is not what enters a mans stomache that makes him unclean, but what comes from his heart that makes him unclean.

Now I believe that the only true way to rid evil entirely is for Jesus to return and make all things new. However we can all make a dent in evil by just starting with the Heart.
At the new birth the heart is indeed changed by God's grace, though those who profess bear a responsibility to reflect the Lord Whom they profess.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We await the reasurection of the dead and the final judgement to see evil removed from us
All through the New Testament,
first Jesus, then His disciples/ekkelsia, then the assemblies ekklesia
all did away with evil - not one of them was told to "wait",
no, rather to deal with it TODAY. As written, they did,
as Jesus trained and taught them,
and as YAHWEH accomplished their salvation (freedom from sin, from the power of sin, and from all the consequences of sin when they turned to YAHWEH, were re-born by His Will (born again), and were immersed in Jesus' Name) ...

Even with all the stumbling about they sometimes did,
they were overall overcomers -
by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB WHO takes away our sins,
and by the word of their testimony - faithful to JESUS>
followers of JESUS in righteousnes, pease and joy ;
living IN UNION WITH JESUS and with one another...

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like your on the right track to me...

I feel others sins as if they were my own also, and have confessed them as my own, and they do not come up as much now, though still does sometimes...

I don't know how I feel about it sometimes, confessing others sins as my own, I've done it with everything multiple times now, so, when they come up again, or again later on, I will talk to God about it/them ASAP, but say that we've already been through and over this God, so why...? Do I have to do it all the time, every time, confess others sins as my own, just cause I feel somehow infected by it/them...

I don't get angry about it, but my confessing it every time all the time, as my own, is getting very tiring...

I wonder sometimes if it is my own though...? But, I just know that I know that I know, it's not... But it keeps happening and keeps coming up...

God Bless!
Well there are people like you who even take on responsiblity for others sins ,and there are those who dump all the sh... in the public place ,but would never admit to it, or repent .It is the latter , common as muck today ,and proud of it , who are the long term problem .
God will clear up the garbage one day ,so we live in hope .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well not all societies are as individualistic as America could change ,that would be a good start.

Even the most well intentioned persons cannot compete against organised evil ,but conciousness of ones own participation in evil is essential .The reason grand evil can continue is because materialistic comfort is most peoples aim and with that, an unwillingness to be unpopular and stand up for the truth .Most christians seem to have a one sided personal view of truth ,when it is much larger ,so you get things like 'abortion ' is the greatest evil '.
But the reality is, that the real truth is hidden from most ,and the evil religious do not wish it revealed . How can a lie which entered Christian 'theology ' be undone ? All will be revealed one day thankfully .

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Comments...?

God Bless!
Complete and consistent Agape Love as demonstrated by Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible never speaks of removing evil from existence. The very last chapter of revelation itself speaks of evil existing outside of the New Jerusalem in the new heaven and new earth, along with everyone who desires being able to freely drink of the water of life at any time. It also speaks of healing the nations etc., but it's clear that outside of the city is where evil people dwell. Think about that.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Comments...?

God Bless!
By embracing God fully and being led by the Holy Spirit. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0