What is the best piece of advice you ever received?

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Circa age 6 or 7 from my mother: "Take the log out of your own eye before digging the speck out of your neighbor's," upon the occasion of my tattling on my sister. At the time it was a metaphorical stretch for a 6 or 7-year-old to understand, yet I've always remembered it and try to practice it. It was probably the first Bible verse I learned after John 3:16.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Curious but if the person that you date was a Christian or any other faith, do you think that would affect the issue with loyalty? Or is it still apparent?
Here's a good and relevant verse: 'Can two walk together, except they be agreed?' (Amos 3.3)

Upvote 0

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you had to choose one piece of advice that had struck you and stayed with you, what would it be?

I think I have receive better advice than this one, surely. But this one was early on, and I have NEVER forgotten it. Although I have not perfected it yet :(

College days. Over a classmates apt. She told how she had this rash on her arm. How she just about gave herself a coronary over it waiting for test results. The results were insignificant and made her feel utterly stupid. She haphazardly walked into another room and said, "Lesson? You can't worry about whatcha don't know!"

I have shared this with MANY people.
Why do we worry about perceived doom so much? I dunno.

Upvote 0