What is the best book you've ever read that few people know exists?

Ria23

Feb 26, 2013
✟1,308.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ursula Le Guinn's The brothers lionheart is surprisingly little known. Some people who have read a lot of her other books haven't heard of it.
I know Le Guin's work, so I looked it up. a Swedish writer named Astrid Lindgren wrote it, not Le Guin.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟31,781.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Hidden Rhythms in Prophecy: How Astronomical Cycles Interpret Prophecies in Daniel, Jeremiah and Ezekiel"
https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Rhythms-Prophecy-Astronomical-Prophecies/dp/0995199701/

After years of research and after finding long out of print material in books, the author claims to have uncovered the real interpretation of the 70 Weeks prophecy in Daniel. He goes through the current most accepted view and shows how it could not possibly be correct. Then using NASA lunar/solar tables, more accurate translations from both Hebrew and Aramaic, unrecognized clues within the Biblical text itself from the lifecycle of grain and figs, and especially God's prophecy in Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel, the tapestry and intricate prophecy comes to light. And because it was exactly true in the past, the same cycles are still at work so some very interesting convergences are rapidly approaching.
Truly mind blowing.

Upvote 0

shaniboek

Nov 21, 2022
San Francisco
✟18,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, it's actually not a book, but a play called "Master Harold"...and the Boys. I read it some time ago, but no one of my friends has not heard about it. But it's really interesting drama play
завантаження.jpg

Reactions: PaulChilds
Upvote 0

PaulChilds

Nov 21, 2022
Chicago
✟13,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's actually not a book, but a play called "Master Harold"...and the Boys. I read it some time ago, but no one of my friends has not heard about it. But it's really interesting drama play
завантаження (1).jpg
And also there is one more play which I also liked. I found out about it in my lecture. My professor gave us a list of plays to choose one from and write an analytical paper on one of the plays. And I decided to choose A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry. I loved it. And thanks to the papers on https://studydriver.com/a-raisin-in-the-sun-essay/ I managed to write a quality paper because those A Raisin in the Sun essay examples I read helped me to understand the play and some details better. And if you've never read any of the plays, then you should do it.
That's interesting! I heard about that play, but honestly, I'm not into the such genre.
And I wanted to write about a series of books, which are fantastic, but somehow not popular. It's about Perry Mason ( there are 84 novels ) - a lawyer, who solves different cases. The books are not connected, and the case is different in each. But if you're into detective books, you should read those books. I've read 20 I think, and liked each

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟59,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's interesting! I heard about that play, but honestly, I'm not into the such genre.
And I wanted to write about a series of books, which are fantastic, but somehow not popular. It's about Perry Mason ( there are 84 novels ) - a lawyer, who solves different cases. The books are not connected, and the case is different in each. But if you're into detective books, you should read those books. I've read 20 I think, and liked each
The Perry Mason series by Erle Stanley Gardner is wonderful. Over the years (many of them) I've managed to collect them all. They were very popular in their day and became the basis of the TV show of the 1950s-60s & movies of the 1980s-90s. They were once a staple in libraries but ours doesn't have them anymore. It's a shame. Gardner also wrote other legal/detective novels. I recommend his Doug Selby series.

Another good series is the Mr. and Mrs. North mystery series by Richard and Frances Lockridge. There are 26 books.

Upvote 0