Not open for further replies.

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
If you need help as to what "standard Adventist doctine" is just read the sticky post at the beginning of the forum that outlines the official church position on things. Also, "SDA" is still a very common acronym used by our church members; as such I will use it as freely as I wish.
This response seems to give the impression that if one were to look in that sticky post one would discover what is the official Adventist position on what a revival is. After all, this is what we are discussing in this thread and it to this our posts are being addressed.

I find your position on the abbreviation to be intriguing since you seem to be saying that you are at liberty to do whatever you wish because others are doing it. Do you allow others the same liberty?

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
This response seems to give the impression that if one were to look in that sticky post one would discover what is the official Adventist position on what a revival is. After all, this is what we are discussing in this thread and it to this our posts are being addressed.
You missed that I did not restrict my post to just "doctrine" but also included "beliefs".

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
But one cannot divine what 'revival' means to Adventists by reading that sticky.
The post wasn't pointed to anyone but you. It certainly wasn't for Willo's edification for he seems to be right on target and has a good handle on what the Bible teaches. Either you do or you don't know what revival means to an Adventist. If you're Adventist you know the answer and all this diatribe is without point.

On a side note; "Adventist" is an abbreviation, "SDA" is an acronym. Please don't confuse the two.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
The post wasn't pointed to anyone but you. It certainly wasn't for Willo's edification for he seems to be right on target and has a good handle on what the Bible teaches. Either you do or you don't know what revival means to an Adventist. If you're Adventist you know the answer and all this diatribe is without point.
I will take this as your way of admitting that your suggestion that looking in the sticky thread would clarify what the church believes a revival is was completely unfounded. As to the word 'diatribe,' I have no idea what place it has in this discourse.
PaleHorse said:
On a side note; "Adventist" is an abbreviation, "SDA" is an acronym. Please don't confuse the two.
When did the difference between an abbreviation and an acronym become an issue here? The issue that has been addressed by the church is what constitutes the correct abbreviation of the name Seventh-day Adventist. That's all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.