Contributor
Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
✟95,567.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
the title is alittle misleading. I thought you wanted advice. Revival is so important we are all going up north and having baptism's in the lake. I am the 1 who has to fish out all the leeches. LOL just kidding. I hope i am there but if not ill be there in spirit! GOD bless all

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
Willo said:
Its not a question it is merely a sermon, I thought people in the body of Christ would like to hear.
Of course, any sermon that would attempt to provide the prerequisites for revival would be off the mark. Even a cursory review of the NT shows that men are never able to plan for revival. The God decides when the people are in need of revival.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
Willo said:
Your right we can't plan revival, as revival is a work of God, but as Christians our hearts must be ready for revival, just like the apostles were in the upper room preparing, so we must prepare
Therein lies the conundrum. If your hearts are ready for revival then you do not need revival.

Upvote 0

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
statrei said:
Therein lies the conundrum. If your hearts are ready for revival then you do not need revival.

I would disagree, revival is where the lost come to Christ, so there is always a need for revival, but like always revival needs to start within the body of believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
statrei said:
A restirring in the ranks of the righteous.

Interesting, but wouldn't that be a renewal, since the Christian would be being renewed?

Revival is a waking up, and waking up a lost people asleep in sin.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
Willo said:
Interesting, but wouldn't that be a renewal, since the Christian would be being renewed?

Revival is a waking up, and waking up a lost people asleep in sin.
I see how you are using the terms. Lost people are not asleep. You may find that they are much more awake than the average Christian. Their devotion to what they do is much more vibrant. They are just lost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
Willo said:
If you study revival history you will see 2 things:

1) The church repenting and holiness being preached, and practiced.

2) The lost running to the Saviour.
The fact that two things are co-incident does not mean that they are designed to exist together. If you study revival history you will also find an increase in energy consumption by the church organization. I would not say that is the purpose of a revival.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
The fact that two things are co-incident does not mean that they are designed to exist together. If you study revival history you will also find an increase in energy consumption by the church organization. I would not say that is the purpose of a revival.
This poster does not recognize standard SDA doctrine or beliefs.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
This poster does not recognize standard SDA doctrine or beliefs.
Now, here is an interesting concept. Just what is "standard" Adventist doctrine? (You still need to get the proper abbreviation). As I remember, I preached that concept from my Adventist church pulpit about 20 years ago.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
Now, here is an interesting concept. Just what is "standard" Adventist doctrine? (You still need to get the proper abbreviation). As I remember, I preached that concept from my Adventist church pulpit about 20 years ago.
If you need help as to what "standard Adventist doctine" is just read the sticky post at the beginning of the forum that outlines the official church position on things. Also, "SDA" is still a very common acronym used by our church members; as such I will use it as freely as I wish.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.