What is left for us to do after we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord?

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to go forth and help others.

Or more specifically, Go into the world, preach the Gospel to all and make disciples of those who will believe, who will then do the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, some here at CF do not like it when I say this, but one thing to do is to abide by the warning in Matthew about those who call him 'Lord', but He will turn to them and say that He never knew them. Why? The answer is that they failed to show mercy to those in need, like feeding the hungry and clothing the naked. Faith in Jesus is clearly not enough, if we fail to help those in need.

It is our duty to show mercy even as we received mercy. To help even as we have been helped. Not out of warning but out of love and compassion. Christ met the human needs as well as the spiritual need as He ministered and as we go to share the Gospel and make disciples we also must meet the need as God supplies.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hey you, curious to know what is left for us to do after acceptance of placing faith in God, and the Lord Jesus Christ?

Here below you can see what we progress from after we accept the Lord Jesus Christ, but what is there left for us to do afterwards?

Hebrews 6: 1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

1 Cor 9
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, lest after I have preached the gospel to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Upvote 0