LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It must consist of at least two wicks, so you can actually hold two separate candles close together and use those in a pinch. Most commonly you see braided candles. There are probably mystical reasons for using braided candles, but I don't know what they are.

Knowing how it all works, there are probably like seven different mystical reasons for them being braided.

Were I to take a guess in the dark, I'd say it has something to do with coming out of the holy time of Shabbat and entering the normal time of the rest of the week.

Upvote 0

Alla27

English is my second language
Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟9,156.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A Havdalah candle.

2djp9tt.jpg
is there any meaning behind this candle?

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
LOL.....however to be fair, it may not be found in Messianic homes as I have read that many do not use it.
LOL now that I know what it is I can say we used it....Havdalah was a joyful celebration for us in our home when the kids were young and in our synagogue after the kids were grown.... I have to admit we didnt do Havdalah every week but we did it alot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For a minute, I started reading the second section of Hebrew letters backwards...I think I was mixing them up into a word I know (Dabar דָּבָר)...though technically it really isn't that similar at all. I think my mind is just going a bit crazy today :) I changed the last letter into a דָּ in my head, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums