• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured What is Heaven Like.

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by mark kennedy, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Clouds, streets if gold and choirs

21.7%
  2. Light, peace and and pure fellowship

69.6%
  3. An earthly paradise that's a little different for everyone

26.1%
  4. Like being in church, dilled with the Spirirt and in love with the Lord.

26.1%
  5. It's just like the tv show...elaborate...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+103,645
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Hi Mark. I'm so so sorry.

Heaven is a place where we see God's face, and He dries all our tears, for there will be no more sorrow and no more death.

Praying for you Mark. (((hug)))

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Aspzan

Aspzan Well-Known Member Supporter

+464
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I'm sorry about your diagnosis.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)
    9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I think a lot of it is beyond our imagination, in a good way.

3. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,676
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Kat Kerr on YouTube talks a lot of Heaven. She says there are lots of places to go, things to do and to see. Much more then here on Earth. For example their is a place you can to to learn about Creation from the beginning of the universe. There is a place you can go like a friendly park where there are dinosaurs and even the kids can ride on the dinosaurs. She talks about a jello park where the kids can jump up and down on jello and they can even eat the jello if they want. Foods there is made out of light. It is very delicious and there is no waste. Perhaps she just has a lot of imagination but I do not see any problem with that. People in the world do not have any trouble talking about their harry potter books. So if we want to imagine that Heaven is a wonderful place with lots to do, then what is the harm in that?

From what I understand stones are a lot more precious there. So the sand on the beach will be made of crystal and what we would consider to be precious stones here. The streets will be paved with Gold because there is plenty of Gold there. Even though these are very rare here. They say Heaven is like a very big planet. Only there is no moon so the seasons do not change. We will travel a lot so if we want winter then we just go visit that part of the planet. Or we could go to the mountain of spices so we can see all the different plants that grow there. Heaven is said to be more beautiful and more plentiful then what we are able to go, see or do here on the earth. Lots of places to visit with our friends and loved ones. So they have plans to take us lots of places on lots of tours to show us around when we get there.

I had a friend that had died and gone to heaven. He actually owed me quite a bit of money so I was sort of mad at him. Then I had the idea that he wanted to pay me back so he did some work on my mansion to make it up to me. It is as if a days worth of work is equal to $10,000 here on Earth. So it was pretty easy for him to pay me back with a few days worth of work. He was very good at working with very heavy items. It was already a desire of my heart that he would so something like that for me. He can move around rocks and bolders and stones that weigh tons. I do not know how he does that, but that is the sort of thing that he does. I look forward to see my mansion there in Heaven. I am sure my friends and family go there all the time to see the latest additions and improvement. As God continues to give us the desires of our heart when we delight ourselves in Him.

4. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,676
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I had a vision of that once. My son went to Heaven when he was around 40. He told me about going to see the little bottle of tears that I had cried for him. I am sure it is not as much as what others have done. But he was very touched by that and he did not know until he actually saw the little bottle for himself. David talks about that: "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." (Psalm 56:8) I had someone want to argue with me about that. They did not think there would be books in Heaven but the bible talks a lot about the different books that we will find there.

"15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God, how vast is their sum!" (Psalm 139)

5. lsume

lsume Active Member Supporter

+198
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    After being born again, I have had a vision of Heaven. The perfect peace and joy surrounding me while I and others watched God The Father create is not possible for me to describe. I saw The Kingdom from a vantage point outside of Heaven as well as inside the kingdom. I suggest that you pray to be put into a fast and grow in Christ. If you are very serious about this, I believe that you will not be disappointed.

You may have heard “everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die”

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,724
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I think heaven is unlike anything here, so it's good not to expect anything at all, (except maybe broad generalities) so you can be surprised.

7. Quasiblogo

Quasiblogo Regular Member Supporter

+696
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My prayers for you, Mark.

I imagine that if you take the awe and emotional impact of all the fellowship, miracles, warmth and compassion of the Lord Jesus as recorded in the Gospel of John, Heaven's dwellers will have this and beyond.

Could you watch the 2003 movie, "The Gospel of John"? I watched this the other day. It really struck me that if the depictions of the love of Jesus so delighted me, that will be nothing in comparison to being in Glory, with Him.

8. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,570
    United States
    Baptist
    Married

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+6,983
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Oh Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :(

On the other hand, when my brother passed unexpectedly I was pleased for him. There he'd be, free, finished with the nonsense and hardship of this life. I imagined he'd be in awe, astounded and dumbstruck. I imagined that he'd be that way for a while, amazed. How incredible to be surrounded by hosts of angels and the saints praising the Lord God Almighty who was, and is, and is to come?

How incredible to feel no more pain? To be surrounded by love and in the presence of God's holiness How glad the heart must be!

God bless you brother!

10. Chris V++

Chris V++ Well-Known Member Supporter

+654
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Prayers for you Mark :( I used to watch every NDE testimony I could find on youtube. One lady mentioned glorious singing from inside a massive cathedral- like structure. That and joy and colors we can't perceive.

11. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Member

+136
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    The problem with discussing Heaven is that how most people describe Heaven is superstition with no basis in scripture. We know that the angels shout "holy holy holy" over the throne of God, we know that the Saints worship God day and night. We know there is no death in Heaven and we presumably know there are rooms as Jesus touches on this in the gospels. That said, we don't know much more. We know nothing about harps and clouds, we know nothing of what Heaven actually looks like. We have know idea what perfected worship will look like. We can presume it is a glorious place where God is adored, we should rest our hope in this and not waste time speculating about it.

12. sdowney717

sdowney717 Newbie

+1,733
    Christian
    Heaven is genuine wonderful fellowship and where you receive good things, much more than the opposite of Hell which is stagnant unending suffering pain and still has emotional conflict and loneliness, being also described as an outer darkness, thrust away from the presence of God and joy.

Psalm 16:11
    11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

Hebrews 12:22-24 – The Heavenly Jerusalem
    Summary
    Christians live in light of a festal gathering in the heavenly Jerusalem. This image speaks of joy and intimacy with the people of God, angels, Jesus, and God's own self.

Analysis
    The description of the heavenly Jerusalem is in many ways the climax of Hebrews. The author describes it as a festal gathering, something that was a familiar feature of life in the ancient world. For ordinary festivals, people would travel many miles to take part in games and banquets in a city. Festivals were known for their atmosphere of friendship and joy. This gives readers a sense of the joy that they can anticipate in the heavenly Jerusalem, where the redeemed gather in the presence of angels and Christ himself. The vision gives people confidence for life in the present, knowing that the future of faith is one of life, joy, and community. It is not an individualistic hope, but one that involves the whole people of God. Moreover, this hope gives people cause for gratitude and a desire to serve God in daily life. The final chapter of the book outlines ways in which citizens of the heavenly city serve God on earth by showing mutual love and hospitality, attending to prisoners, remaining faithful in marriage, and avoiding the obsession for money (12:28-13:6). Hope for the city that is to come means offering praise to God in the present and sharing what we have with those in need (13:14-16).

Hebrews 12:22-24
    22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23and to the assembly* of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

13. AlexDofTX

AlexDofTX Member

+77
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    1Co_2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Just as I truly do not understand what the "Spirit" is, I can not even imagine what heaven will be like. All I know is that my spirit is already in heaven with Christ.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
    Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
    Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

14. sdowney717

sdowney717 Newbie

+1,733
    Christian
    Another thing, Heaven is stratified, layered, with some receiving a better resurrection than others, better rewards, some lose all rewards except their eternal life.

7 So He told a parable to those who were invited, when He noted how they chose the best places, saying to them: 8 “When you are invited by anyone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in the best place, lest one more honorable than you be invited by him; 9 and he who invited you and him come and say to you, ‘Give place to this man,’ and then you begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher.’ Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you.

11 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

15. Willing-heart

Willing-heart In Christ Alone. Supporter

+466
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  16. Ronald

Ronald Exhortations Supporter

+825
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Heaven is something to look forward to and death nothing to fear. People have claimed they've seen it in visions or actually have been there in spirit and say it is like the most beautiful areas of our green earth, but perfect, no flaws, more colorful, a sense of well being, peace with everything.
    But at 56 years old, have you lost hope already? I am not here to give medical advice, but it seems your doctors said there is nothing they can do?
    75% of people in that same stage, who have received that same message from their doctors, have gone to HER SON CLINIC , either in Mexico or Germany and have been healed. They use OZONE therapy, organic juice fasts and give you a complete cleanse of your organs. The #1 killer is sugar - all bacteria, viruses, cancers feed on sugar. Did your doctors ever tell you that whenever you've been sick? No. I'm not saying that is the cause. So, sugar is eliminated at least temporarily from your diet. You'll swim in hydrogen peroxide pools, spend time in hyperbaric oxygen chambers. Essentially they cleanse you, flood your system with oxygen and nourish you with super nutrients/ anti-oxidants, minerals vitamins. I think it's like $15 -$20k for three weeks and your out. You can even being your wife to stay with you. This is an option.
    If your doctors gave up on you, there are others who won't.
    They actually have an office in/near San Diego - give them a call.
    Otherwise heaven will be waiting for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. LoreneDD

LoreneDD Great is Thy Faithfulness Supporter

+731
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    As much as I think we have a pre taste of work given to each believer on earth I think life’s also teaching us what we need to know for our role in the pre-destined work He has for us in the new heaven and new earth. :) There are so many prayer warriors around us that are teetering on gaining their wings (altho I don’t think that’s part of our eternal garb) or should I say weaving with the Father their own coat of many colours that will be worn for eternity. Some have the beauty seen from both sides it seems and your certainly one of them @mark kennedy :prayer:s

18. His student

His student Well-Known Member

+364
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I second the recommendation of the book by my former pastor and friend of over 40 years - Randy Alcorn. Some people consider it the definitive book on the subject.

https://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Alcorn-Randy-ebook/dp/B000FCKCJC

One caveat, however. Randy dwells mostly on our life on the New Earth in our resurrected bodies and not so much on our activities related to our location around the throne with the angels and such.

19. gideon123

gideon123 Humble Servant of God

+508
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    THE answer to your question ... Heaven is wonderful. We do not have words to describe that place. It is wonderful!

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My wife and I pray constantly for people with serious cases of cancer. If you want to be on our prayer list, plz send a personal msg.

We are also involved in the search for new natural medicines from plants that can help cancer patients. It is not an easy job, but we have not given up.

Very best wishes to you.

20. Endeavourer

Endeavourer Well-Known Member

+827
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I stumbled into a study of God's divine counsel yesterday. It drew an intriguing theory out of Scripture about what our purpose in heaven might be.

I pray that the Lord will comfort you greatly on your journey to his arms and your heavenly home.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List