Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Bingo? I say your testimony here is the Bingo! That is fantastic and glory to the Maker; for now you know that you are not the mighty one ... :)

LOL...I can point to many blessings in my life that I look back on and feel that there is something beyond coincidence that makes me continue to keep my faith. I wear a mighty mask, but before God am quite the humble one. I am strong for my family, yet can shed tears with my grandson.

Strangertoo made somewhat of a good point, but maybe in a different way.

One can have faith, but not love.(Sinners)
One can love but not have faith.(Sinners)
One can have faith in love, for God is love. (Saved)

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praise God!

I betcha didn't know that God lives in backwoods Tennessee and drinks too much soda. :D

He's so cool.
:thumbsup: That's just it! God works through people and events. The "devil" does too. i.e. When a disaster levels a town, the "devil" sits on the sidelines and says it must be in payment for a great sin(which is why he is called "the accuser"). God is there with dirty hands, trash bags and bandages, neither expecting nor receiving credit.

The "devil" or "accuser" will give you all kinds of reasons to question your "faith", and may even work through those you would least expect(Peter in the boat). God asks for nothing but what we have come to know as "humanity"(when did I give you water?) so that He might manifest Himself in the world(the Kingdom is among you). His Glory is our good.

So when you see people helping at a wreck, or picking up a random bit of trash off a sidewalk, "trust"(faith) that God is still looking out for us.(all good things come from God).

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
LOL...I can point to many blessings in my life that I look back on and feel that there is something beyond coincidence that makes me continue to keep my faith. I wear a mighty mask, but before God am quite the humble one. I am strong for my family, yet can shed tears with my grandson.

Strangertoo made somewhat of a good point, but maybe in a different way.

One can have faith, but not love.(Sinners)
One can love but not have faith.(Sinners)
One can have faith in love, for God is love. (Saved)

Strangertoo has many good points; for surely the heavenly Father wants his people to be holy, and we are his holy place-sanctuary-temple and not our own, and in his holy place there is no room for any other mighty ones. Therefore if you look into the mirror and behold a ''mountain'' staring back you; then have faith, and say to the ''mountain'' in the name of Yeshua: ''Be thou removed to yonder place, and be thou cast into the sea!'' and see if it not be done for you. Surely the day shall come to pass when you will see that fiery mountain go whizzing by and off into the sea: for every mountain shall be leveled, and every valley shall be filled. :)

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Strangertoo has many good points; for surely the heavenly Father wants his people to be holy, and we are his holy place-sanctuary-temple and not our own, and in his holy place there is no room for any other mighty ones. Therefore if you look into the mirror and behold a ''mountain'' staring back you; then have faith, and say to the ''mountain'' in the name of Yeshua: ''Be thou removed to yonder place, and be thou cast into the sea!'' and see if it not be done for you. Surely the day shall come to pass when you will see that fiery mountain go whizzing by and off into the sea: for every mountain shall be leveled, and every valley shall be filled. :)

I like how you present it, daq. Strangertoo always speaks from his heart. You can feel the sincerity in his concern. Reminds me of John the Baptist.

You and Soulgazer have great knowledge. I have read 3 pages at your site and have it as a saved link. Why did you remove it from your signature?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I like how you present it, daq. Strangertoo always speaks from his heart. You can feel the sincerity in his concern. Reminds me of John the Baptist.

You and Soulgazer have great knowledge. I have read 3 pages at your site and have it as a saved link. Why did you remove it from your signature?

I did not remove it but rather it was removed for me after someone complained. Apparently I misunderstood the rules in thinking that it was ok as long as I had nothing for sale and was not asking for ''donations'' or ''offerings'' etc., etc., but I think now it is only allowable to place ''in-house'' or ''on-site'' links in your signature. As you can see I have nothing for sale and was only sharing. However, that is fine by me and no harm done. :)

Upvote 0

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
(all good things come from God).

it is only half the Truth and deceptive as Satan inomnly saying half the Truth...

all evil is of God too, God created evil for sake of proving good ...

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

God created Satan full knowing the evil that would come of it which is t try all mankind, not just in this earth... but he is loosed a while in the new earth kingdom come to try the many saved there too...

God creates evil for good in the end, it is no use hiding from God's craetion of evil IN THE WORLDS ... that is not to say that evil can even touch god, it cannot because evil is PHYSICAL , God is spirit... indeed that is the lesson for mankind, that we are made in God's image, spirit, not flesh... our mistake mostly... our spirit cannot be touched by evil either , but inthe flesh it can be evil for sake of good in the end ... thus :-

well.
1 Samuel 16:23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul...

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Lamentations 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

it takes evil to try Love , to perfect Love in man... consider for instance the evil of terrible unjust death of Jesus allowed by God ... it is no different for all who follow him... TRIAL is necessary because men lie even to themselves because men CAN... Love has to be proven true by evil...

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
it is only half the Truth and deceptive as Satan inomnly saying half the Truth...

all evil is of God too, God created evil for sake of proving good ...

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

God created Satan full knowing the evil that would come of it which is t try all mankind, not just in this earth... but he is loosed a while in the new earth kingdom come to try the many saved there too...

God creates evil for good in the end, it is no use hiding from God's craetion of evil IN THE WORLDS ... that is not to say that evil can even touch god, it cannot because evil is PHYSICAL , God is spirit... indeed that is the lesson for mankind, that we are made in God's image, spirit, not flesh... our mistake mostly... our spirit cannot be touched by evil either , but inthe flesh it can be evil for sake of good in the end ... thus :-

well.
1 Samuel 16:23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul...

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Lamentations 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

it takes evil to try Love , to perfect Love in man... consider for instance the evil of terrible unjust death of Jesus allowed by God ... it is no different for all who follow him... TRIAL is necessary because men lie even to themselves because men CAN... Love has to be proven true by evil...

Sometimes following you gives me a headache.(lol) But I feel you're probably correct in your assessment.:thumbsup:;)

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can believe that. I don't. There are a lot of things blamed on God, attributed to God, quoted as God saying. Men are pretty imaginative. When it comes to God, men lie and others swear to it, and most believe it because others do.

What I know is right from wrong; Love from not love. "Satan" is a concept, just as "God" is a concept, and will remain a concept until He/She/It is fully revealed. Though the Jewish fables are interesting, I don't find them especially accurate.

The question I am often asked is "How can you not believe in the Jewish God and still call yourself a Christian?" My answer, "The questions you should be asking are to yourself".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Joshua, (the next high priest after Moses) gives a secondary understanding for the Hebrew word bara' and uses it twice in the same passage to mean ''cut down'' as in the felling of a tree:

Joshua 17:15-18 KJV
15. And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down [HSN#1254 bara'] for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.
16. And the children of Joseph said, The hill is not enough for us: and all the Canaanites that dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both they who are of Bethshean and her towns, and they who are of the valley of Jezreel.
17. And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power: thou shalt not have one lot only:
18. But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down: [HSN#1254 bara'] and the outgoings of it shall be thine: for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.

Original Strong's Ref. #1254
Romanized bara'
Pronounced baw-raw'
a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes):
KJV--choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

Both understandings of the word bara' are correct and therefore, (as always) the reader is left with a choice when he arrives at later passages such as Isaiah 45. Does the author of the passage intend bara'-create? Or does he intend bara'-cut down? If you love your heavenly Father how will you choose?

Isaiah 45:7-8
7. I form the light, and bara'-cut down darkness: I make peace, and bara'-cut down evil: I the Lord do all these things.
8. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth Yesha`-Salvation, and let tsadaqah-righteousness tsamach-sprout forth united; I the Lord have bara'-created-cut it.

In the Beginning YHWH 'Elohiym both bara'-created and bara'-cut down the heavens and the earth; and the earth was tohuw and bohuw: and in the Third Day the mustard seed Tsemach Tzedek of Yeshua-Salvation righteousness sprouted forth shoots united, (Genesis 1:12).

Isaiah 45:12-13
12. I have made the earth, and bara'-cut down a man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
13. I have raised him up in tsedek-righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith YHWH Tsabaoth.

My Father did not create evil but rather in the beginning, before anything else was done, he cut down his own Son, the Tsemach Tsedek of righteousness; in order to create the heavens, the earth, and all that is within them. However, now that the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world has come to earth in the flesh and fulfilled that which was promised; he also has cut down evil and the prince of this world is judged. :)

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
sinners worldwide talk about having 'faith' ... and the all have DOUBTS because they talk of faith in DIVIDED religion of men's traditions, of men who freely admit they are sinners, bound to sin all their lives , hoping 'grace' will excuse their continual sin... but it doesn't, not even close ...

Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

sin is the OPPOSITE of Love, sin is ABUSE of others , disobedience to Jesus ...

no use claiming Jesus as Lord if one disobeys his command to Love by sinning...

thus one sees why Christians worldwide are called hypocrites, condemning others for sins they do all the time themselves, falsely claiming grace covers their sins whilst no covering the same sins in others...

if one doesn't see Satan's subtle lie to the many here then one will likely stay a sinner all this life, but Jesus has said he can take no sinner to the kingdom... the kingdom MUST be Love , for salvation of the many FROM SIN after death, not grace frees the many from sin who refused God's Truth about departing from sin as the FIRST STEP toward God [of the three baptisms in scripture all necessary for salvation]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
And one of Satan's subtle lies is that some don't sin.

so what is your evidence that Satan inspired this? :-

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

and this :-

Proverbs 21:12 The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.

Proverbs 29:6 In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.

and this:-
Ezekiel 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Ezekiel 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul

and this:-

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he[Jesus] is righteous.

Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

if you do not believe either God or the scripture than we have nothing to say, but if you respect either than clearly you are immensely mistaken...

Jesus came to DESTROY all sin, commanded that all who follow him to Love their fellow man... one is not Loving men whom one sins against... sin is ABUSE , not Love... one has to STOP sinning to obey Jesus as Lord.... and when Jesus has destroyed all sin, then NO-ONE will sin...

the FIRST step, water baptism, the very FOUNDATION of God for all who name Christ, Christians, is to stop sinning, depart from iniquity :-

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

all who are God's have to Love, sin is unloving abuse, it has to stop and Jesus' task is to stop it in all men :-

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Jesus will not fail ... to destroy all sin in men ...save all from Satan and sin

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
You can believe that. I don't. There are a lot of things blamed on God, attributed to God, quoted as God saying. Men are pretty imaginative. When it comes to God, men lie and others swear to it, and most believe it because others do.

What I know is right from wrong; Love from not love. "Satan" is a concept, just as "God" is a concept, and will remain a concept until He/She/It is fully revealed. Though the Jewish fables are interesting, I don't find them especially accurate.

The question I am often asked is "How can you not believe in the Jewish God and still call yourself a Christian?" My answer, "The questions you should be asking are to yourself".

To answer the last first... we know that over a billion already call themselves 'Christian' and yet [confirming Enoch] only tens of thousands are with Jesus when he leaves [Jude 1:14] ... so most Christians are of Satan, not Jesus - for instance foreseen in Rev 13:3-4 , Matt 7:14, Rev 7:3-8, etc...

sinners are not saints and saints are no longer sinners , it is as simple as that, all those with Jesus are saints [Jude 1:14] and all those left behind are sinners still as Jesus warned :-

Matthew 7:23 And then will I [Jesus at his return] profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Jesus lists all the saints by descent from named sons of Jacob-Rev 7:3-8 - most are not Jews ,but all are of Israel... and Jesus and the early disciples are clearly Jews and worship the God of Israel...

... as for things said against God very little of it matters in fact , there is only a problem if men deny spirit baptism , because that is the only means of direct teaching by God Himself :-

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness

the only way back from this horrendous state of the wicked is the hARD way... to find out they are wrong in the final trial of the Truth of God, the 'baptism of fire' in the 'lake of fire' ... but it is just an integral named part of the Plan of God for redemption of all from the grasp of sin...

so consider that by them most men have been saved , countless many at judgement day[Rev 7:9-10], all raised from death and 'hell' -Rev 20:13 , saved by works ,not grace , after death, not grace, frees them from sin [Rom 6:7]...

those who sin in the kingdom come though are excluded at judgement day [or before] from the kingdom ... they are then the most wicked of men and Satan as a man [Ezek 28, 2Thess 2] ,but God has taken from them all the 'easy prey' ... only hardened sinners remain doing evil to one another, their misery is from their own sin against one another, the same 'fire' that tried the saints [1 Peter 4:12] and perfected their Love in baptism of fire in this earth and the next ... God uses sin right to the last to perfect mankind in Love... it is after all His point that Love is better than sin for all of us, if He were wrong then He would not be worthy of being called the God of all men...the God of Love...

so by straightforward Loving poetic justice, God saves the wicked too in the end, when they realise their mistake in two lives and turn to Love as Jesus promises all will... time is created for this, it has no other purpose... death is denied and time goes on until all see their mistake in thinking sin was good for them...God is indeed patient and men indeed suffer from other men's sin until they are taken by God [translation to spirit once Love is perfected in life] ...

and all glorify God in life eventually , simply because He is right and shows everyone without forcing anyone [as Love must be given freely else it would not be Love] ... all God can do is show sinners they are mistaken, firts by telling them to see if they have sense to realise , then by showing them, but it gets rough eventually, rough indeed, and God even has to stop men's suicide for shame in the end , one can only perfect Love when alive :-
Revelation 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

thus theer uis no 'eternel hell', no 'annihilation of spirit', no 'living dead' , no lost souls , zombies, 'spirits in a void'... the spirit is what man is , created in God's image, spirit ... returns to God and is thus ONE ... and at tehe dn of this craetion, as at the end of all creations created endlessly, God is still ALL the spirit, and just the same , never changing , ever getting involved in created time or space, so craetions are virtual to God ...like passing dreams, illusions... our reality is God, spirit :-

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

the earth is destroyed , the spirit , including the spirit of all men, cannot be destroyed , it is of God....

God is not just Jewish , but named ALL Israel to be His priests and Kings of the kingdom come under Jesus, MOST of Israel are not Jews and never were Jews... the House of Israel is still rejected by most Jews and are idol-worshippers until the few saints find them - Deuteronomy 28:64

you do not want to let worldwide anti-Semitism distract you from the fact that God had to NAME someone for sake of PROPHECY, for sake of showing man He knows the end from the beginning... He chose Israel, rebellious sinning Israel, to show that ANYONE can be persuaded to Love by the Truth, even Israel who could not follow a set of rules even to save their souls...hence the new coevannt with those whose fathers broke the old covenant -Jer 31:34... so it is as well to read all the scripture before judging it, worth waiting for spirit baptism BEFORE deciding what to believe [from sinners! - saints will only tell one to wait for spirit baptism from God and how to get it by stopping sinning]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And how much of it do we have to have?

I have been pondering this all of my life. I have always asked God to allow me to keep what faith I have and to give me more of it..........daily.

Faith, to me is believing that Jesus and his message of eternal life is real to the best of our ability.

But there is always going to be a doubt, as there is never a 100% faith factor. Even Jesus said if we had the faith the size of a mustard seed........

So I'm trying to think how much faith is needed? We all sin.
:confused:
Are you living what you believe? "I will show you my faith by my works". Faith is believing and that belief could be a little as a seed of Kale and still move Mountains of people!

James 2:18
(18) But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

James 2:26
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
That some profess to be perfect in this life, never doing wrong or having evil thoughts. Self deception is eternally fatal.

lying innuendo is subtle evil , but easily shown false by scripture :-

saints never PROFESS to be perfect as that is up to God to judge, not men, who alone can forgive past sins when one stops sinning to become a saint ... it is for the very reason that men can deceive themselves that God decides who has stopped sinning really, who is just kidding themselves ... but as scripture says, if one is IN FACT, by God's witness , not one's own, righteous to Love in ALL one's thoughts and acts because one HATES abuse , hates sin, then one is righteous, and no amount of envy by the lying sinners of this world can stop their death as wages of sin , as the righteous alone are saved ...
read the scripture, no-one still a sinner is taken by Jesus ,

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he [Jesus] is righteous.

The POINT though is that NO SINNER can be saved until they stop sinning , Jesus and God both reject sinners until they begin obeying God by being Loving, no more abuse with sin... :-

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you do not want to let worldwide anti-Semitism distract you from the fact that God had to NAME someone for sake of PROPHECY, for sake of showing man He knows the end from the beginning... He chose Israel, rebellious sinning Israel, to show that ANYONE can be persuaded to Love by the Truth, even Israel who could not follow a set of rules even to save their souls...hence the new coevannt with those whose fathers broke the old covenant -Jer 31:34... so it is as well to read all the scripture before judging it, worth waiting for spirit baptism BEFORE deciding what to believe [from sinners! - saints will only tell one to wait for spirit baptism from God and how to get it by stopping sinning]

Please don't think I'm anti-semetic, I'm not. I don't find my ancestral myths all that accurate either. I'm anti error. I'm pro love. John says that God is love and in Him there is no darkness at all. I concur with that, through experience with Him.

Now I don't care if a myth is Jewish, Indian, Roman or Greek. If it has a "prophet" ordering the deaths of innocents because they "believe in the wrong god", and all of the nations I named do, then it's a made up piece of crap.

Now, people do mental calisthenics trying to explain how the writings aren't wrong, and how "Gods ways are not our ways", or "He had to do it that way because (X) ". That's not only an intellectual cop out, but a spiritual one also. The simplest explanation is the correct one. The writings are wrong. They were written by people who were still using flint knives, trying to justify their butchery by telling their gullible followers "The God of (X) told me you have to kill these people". Like God isn't powerful enough to tell each soldier individually.

If you want a scriptural reference, John 10:8 is all I need.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he [Jesus] is righteous.
let no man deceive you:
Mt 13:28 He said to them, a man1, an enemy has done this thing. And the servants said to him, Do you wish then that we go and gather2 them up?
1* Greek ανθρωπος man

2* Greek συλλέγω gather, collect

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him
1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

John is talking of Jesus here.

The verses that precedes this is:

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

We find refuge from sin in Jesus.

Upvote 0