✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
I wanted to share some things with you regarding this phrase "eternal life".

And again, this is one of those core fundamental aspects of SALVATiON, found in "Pauline Theology", as taught by Paul, that is never taught anymore, correctly, if at all.

Have you ever heard a SunSchool teacher or a Pulpit talk about "eternal life"?

So, the issue isn't you, Saint, regarding that problem.
You're just the victim of these end times, just before the Grt Trib starts, when the word of God is not being preached and the fundamentals of the REAL Christian Faith, are not being taught.

-------------

Let me start by showing you how to understand "Eternal LIFE".

Its This....Jesus said...>"I am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life".
John 14:6

See those 3 "THE's"?
They are revealing the authority, the context, and the Truth.
The Truth, is that Jesus just told you that He is THE Way to GOD, and THE TRUTH, and not just one of them, and THE Life.
See that "LIFE", in the verse?
That is ETERNAL Life.
Eternal Life, is JESUS HIMSELF.
So, when Christ THE Lord tells you that if you give God your Faith, and "faith is counted as righteousness""".... then Christ Gives you ETERNAL LIFE. So, right here we realize that Eternal LIFE< is not a TIME Period.

See, most believers and all unbelievers perceive wrongly that "Eternal LIFE"< is just a long long period of Time.
When the reality is......JESUS HIMSELF Is "Eternal Life"< as He told you.
The Apostle John says...>>"That you may KNOW that you HAVE Eternal Life."
And how do you know it?
You know it, if you are this.... "Christ IN YOU, The Hope of Glory".
You know it if you are this....>"THE Temple of the Holy Spirit".
You know you have Eternal Life, if you are this.....>"As Jesus IS, so are the born again , in this World".
You know you have "eternal LIFE", if you are this...the born again are "ONE with God, in Christ".

Listen,
If you are actually born again by GOD, and not just under the deception that taking symbolic communion or being symbolically water baptized are actually the Blood of Jesus being applied to you LITERALLY by God, personally....... then you have "Eternal life".

Reader, God desires to live His Life through all His blood bought redeemed but He only calls those up higher and higher who stay hungry for the word and the Light .
Stay hungry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We are all told by Paul to be invested in getting the "milk of the word", and that is about as far as most will make it.
But that rare one...That St Francis, or that Mary of Egypt, ...they were always always deeply and profoundly wanting more and more of The word, more of the Lord and more of the Truth.
Reader, Jesus is all THAT, and when you want more of Him, He has always more for you.
"all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Christ".....not in a seminary, not in a Pope, not in a "greek text", and not in a Protestant commentary.

---------------

Ok, here is how to understand >"born again"....in the ETERNAL context of God telling the 1st Adam in Genesis that "you will surely Die" if you do what i told you not to do.
See this word "die"?
Well, God is telling Adam, this....(paraphrase)...." My Son, you are created with my Holy Spirit and are made with My Righteousness", this is why you are in "our Image". ("Our" =is God, Jesus the WORD, and the HS)....And if you disobey my word, then this that you do, = your personal choice to disobey me.... will SEPARATE My Holy Spirit from your Spirit."
Now, see that SEPARATION? That is the effect of SIN. Sin Separated Adam's "One with God" spiritual existence, and left them both, with a "dead" spirit.
Yet, this is not in the sense that they had no spirit. As both had one remaining, but it was DEAD to GOD. It was DEAD to being Righteous. They're spirit had become parted from the Almighty. Spiritual UNION with God's Holy Spirit had been broken.

SALVATION< is the 2nd Adam, who is God, coming to REJOIN by "new birth of a person's (dead) spirit"< = back to God's Spirit.
This is "reconciliation" that is the "preaching of the Cross".... or the Spiritual ACT of God's Holy Spirit, BIRTHING a separated or DEAD spirit in an unbeliever, BACK INTO GOD's Spirit, as a "new Creation" "in Christ".
See that?
That is ETERNAL LIFE. Eternal life Is Christ, and to be birthed into God, "in Christ", is to now exist IN the Holy Spirit of Eternal God.
See it? That is "eternal Life" found and kept.

Now notice,...... both the unbelievers and the born again, have a spirit that never actually dies.
What happens is..in both cases their body dies, releasing the Spirit, and the unbeliever's spirit enters eternal "2nd Death", and the born again continue to exist as born again as "One with God" as their "eternal Life".
Notice that existing in God's Spirit, is Eternal LIFE, because GOD is Life,
So, when we become "ONE with God, in Christ" by being born again, we become Spiritually Joined to God's Holy Spirit. We exit there, IN This Eternal Life.
Its the same that Adam originally had and threw away by choice.
So, when we CHOOSE Jesus, by faith, God "births" our "dead" spirit BORN AGAIN into His HOLY Spirit, which is our "Redemption", our "Sonship", and our "eternal Life".
This is "the GIFT of Salvation".

Regarding all the Unbelievers, .....their spirit also never dies, but it does not exit in God's Holy Spirit... So, it exists as unholy in that place of 1st Adam that is "you shall surely die".
See that?
That is also a Spiritual eternal reality. Its is defined as the "2nd DEATH".
The 2nd Death, is hell, the lake of fire, as the eternal life found as dying without THE LIFE in them, who is JESUS.

So that is how you define Eternal Life. Its God's Spirit. And the 2nd Death is defined as the unforgiven "dead" spirit, that continues to exist forever, yet, not with God, and not in Heaven.

Finally,
If you are not a believer, or if you are a deceived religious person, and Christ is not in you, and you are only water baptized when Jesus who is Eternal Life told you that you "Must be Born again", then you need to get this resolved.
You need to find your Faith in Christ and let God have it, so that Jesus comes to live in you as your ETERNAL LIFE..
IF not, you are living as the 2nd death, damned, already as this verse explains .
John 3:36....read it.

Reader,... going to Heaven or NOT, is up to YOU.
Christ "IN YOU"..... is the only way there.
"You MUST BE Born again"

Last edited:

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
most believers and all unbelievers perceive wrongly that "Eternal LIFE"< is just a long long period of Time.
When the reality is......JESUS HIMSELF Is "Eternal Life"< as He told you.
Eternal life has to do with quality of love, God's love, not quantity of time.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent (which is an intimate, experiential knowledge, found only in a relationship). The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him and not merely theoretical knowledge.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent (which is an intimate, experiential knowledge, found only in a relationship). The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him and not merely theoretical knowledge.
So, eternal life is not only for me, so I can live forever and have Heaven's good things for myself. But this is love-life . . . in sharing with our Father and Jesus and ones another in Christ.

Because if we know God . . . He has us living in His all-loving love, sharing as His family with each other, while caring also for any and all people who need Jesus.

"if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

• Friendly
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eternal life has to do with quality of love, God's love, not quantity of time.

As i said, and should you Actually read my THread.
I stated that "eternal life" is not a time period..

Eternal Life, is JESUS Himself.
If you are born again, and not just water baptized, the Jesus.... who is Eternal life, lives in you, and that is why you have it.
If you are not born again then you dont have eternal life. You have this. John 3:36

Upvote 0