What is a successful (good) creation for God?

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Back to Freud, so the ego is essentially soul?
The ego is the only part of the conscious personality. Other parts of the soul are mostly unconscious. I have no doubt that Freud, himself a jew, based his structure of the soul on the typical Rabbinic doctrine of the yetzer ha-tov and the yetzer ha-ra. I also believe that the Apostle Paul was familiar with this concept. IOW, it is not totally anachronistic nonsense to find Freud's concept alluded to in Paul's epistles or ancient Christian writers who were familiar with Jewish concepts.

Paul's statement- It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me- comes to mind
I love this statement. Paul has changed so much that he identifies w/ Christ. Beautiful.

• Winner
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure where we parted ways. Certainly not my doing.
Indeed it is your doing. Universal salvation is calling God a liar. And promoting a lie is mocking Him. Perhaps it's time to give back the lie to the man that gave it to you. It is written that there will be those that trade The Truth for a lie and that in these times that there will be mockers. It is not The Lord's will that any should perish. And with that I take my leave of here, once again.

Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Indeed it is your doing. Universal salvation is calling God a liar. And promoting a lie is mocking Him. Perhaps it's time to give back the lie to the man that gave it to you. It is written that there will be those that trade The Truth for a lie and that in these times that there will be mockers. It is not The Lord's will that any should perish. And with that I take my leave of here, once again.

Comedy gold.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is not The Lord's will that any should perish.

I agree, it's not the Lord's will that any should perish. You are half way to the blessed hope. What's the next truth? Thy will be done?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, it's not the Lord's will that any should perish. You are half way to the blessed hope. What's the next truth? They will be done?
How does this passage fit in your beliefs?
Jeremiah 13:11-14
(11) For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; [YHWH] that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
(12) Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
(13) Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
And OBTW don't waste time trying to tell me "What [you think] it 'really means.'" I can read it in more than one language.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How does this passage fit in your beliefs?

(11) For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; [YHWH] that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.

(12) Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?

(13) Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.

(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
And OBTW don't waste time trying to tell me "What [you think] it 'really means.'" I can read it in more than one language.

So God desires that none should perish and God desires some should be destroyed. It appears as if God has a mental/volitional disability. Hmmm, that sounds like you'll need to do some interpretation. Sorry. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New topic alert.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*** How did Christians ever come to accept such a horrendous doctrine in no way worthy of the goodness, love, and power of God?
Jesus Himself, started it.
EOB Matthew:25:46 When he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left vs. 41] will go away into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] punishment, [κόλασις/kolasis] but the righteous into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] life.”[EOB p. 96]
…..Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated “aionios,” in Matt 25:46, as “eternal,” NOT “age.”
…..Who is better qualified than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted above and below, to know the correct translation of the Greek in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So God desires that none should perish and God desires some should be destroyed. It appears as if God has a mental/volitional disability. Hmmm, that sounds like you'll need to do some interpretation. Sorry. :(
This seems to contradict your post #64, above.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This seems to contradict your post #64, above.

I don't have a problem with God desiring none to perish and that desire being fulfilled. You have an issue with that. Read Jonah, which is an image of the Universal Restoration of all things according to early exegetes. And like you, that willingness of God to threaten destruction and then be merciful really bothered Jonah. In fact, he knew that was possible and didn't want it to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus Himself, started it.
EOB Matthew:25:46 When he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left vs. 41] will go away into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] punishment, [κόλασις/kolasis] but the righteous into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] life.”[EOB p. 96]
…..Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated “aionios,” in Matt 25:46, as “eternal,” NOT “age.”
…..Who is better qualified than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted above and below, to know the correct translation of the Greek in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:
Jesus Himself is Truth, yes. Those on the left, destined to eternal punishment, no matter what eternal punishment is it is not salvation, those on the left, destiined to eternal punishment, don't like it, and billions of those destined to eternal punishment still want to take as many as they can with them, daily. They either cannot distinguish truth, cannot recognize what is happening right in front of them even if Jesus tells them, or they simply choose to condemn themselves anyway, hating the light, hating the truth, because they cannot stand themselves, and their deeds, their very lives, are evil.

Reactions: Der Alte
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really ? Is that laughing at the loss of billions of souls forever ?

The Creator is not pleased at the deaths, not even the deaths of the wicked,

but He never took their free will away from them without perfect mercy and perfect justice and perfect knowledge of everything in their hearts and their minds.
Temptations were necessary, because of free will, without which would be without God's Wisdom and Purity...
Giving in to the temptations, living in darkness because their deeds are evil, is a choice ... a fatal one.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Creator is not pleased at the deaths, not even the deaths of the wicked,
Well... if anyone could do something about it, it would be Him.

Is an omnipotent God REALLY not pleased, if he stands by and does nothing?
As if his hands are tied?

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well... if anyone could do something about it, it would be Him.

Is an omnipotent God REALLY not pleased, if he stands by and does nothing?
As if his hands are tied?
He Says They Have no excuse, those who refused to believe, who are condemned already. They have no sacrifice for their transgressions, no atonement for their lives. None. At all. Ever.

Yahweh's Justice and Righteousness and Judgment is PERFECT. and Complete.

Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
He Says They Have no excuse, those who refused to believe, who are condemned already. They have no sacrifice for their transgressions, no atonement for their lives. None. At all. Ever.

The Good News of Christ.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have a problem with God desiring none to perish and that desire being fulfilled. You have an issue with that. Read Jonah, which is an image of the Universal Restoration of all things according to early exegetes. And like you, that willingness of God to threaten destruction and then be merciful really bothered Jonah. In fact, he knew that was possible and didn't want it to happen.
Sorry amigo you don't get to ignore my posts then send me off on a wild goose chase about some other vss.

Upvote 0