What if you Could Time Travel All Through Out History...............................?

What if you Could Time Travel All Through Out History...............................?

• The Big Bang!

• Prehistory!

• Ancient Times!

• The Middle Age!

• The Sixteenth Century!

• The Seventeenth Century!

• The Eighteenth Century!

• The Nineteenth Century!

• The Twentieth Century!

• Anytime in the Twenty First Century Before the Present!

Results are only viewable after voting.

VikingGirlTBird

VikingGirlTBird!
Oct 13, 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA.
✟8,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Everybody!

How are all of you?

If you could travel back in time, which historical time periods and historical civilizations would you really love to visit and why would you really love to visit these particular historical time periods and historical civilizations in history?

Thanks so much for answering my questions everybody!

Peace! :)

If I could travel back in time, I would really love to travel all through history but, my favorite historical time periods and historical civilizations I would really love to visit are mostly from Prehistory to The Sixteenth Century. I would really love to visit all of my favorite historical time periods and historical civilizations in World History and in American History which are Prehistory/Prehistoric Humans, The Ancient Celts/The Ancient Celtic Tribal Age, The Ancient Germanic Tribes/The Ancient Germanic Tribal Age, The Vikings/The Viking Age, Medieval Northern and Western European Civilization/Medieval Northern and Western Europe, The Tudors/The Tudor Age, The Elizabethans/The Elizabethan Age, Northern and Western European Civilization during the Sixteenth Century/Northern and Western Europe during the Sixteenth Century, Early Colonial Days during the Sixteenth Century and the Seventeenth Century in America, The American Revolutionary War, and the American Civil War! The reasons why I would really love to visit all my favorite civilizations and my favorite historical time periods in World History and in American History because I really love their and I really want to experience first hand their daily life, their societies, their cultures, their heritages, their histories, meet all of my ancestors and relatives, meet many famous and infamous historical people, witness many famous and infamous historical events, change the world for the greater and better good, and etc!

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't want to live in any past time - I don't think I'd last very long and what I would be able to see would be very limited. Without language, coin and connections, life would suck pretty bad for a woman my age and health.

If I could see it from a god's eye view and not have to live it, I would choose prehistory.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
tardis2.jpg

If I had a TARDIS I would definitely visit the 19th century, esp New York in the post bellum era. Of course, the time machine would have to be able to change form unlike in the Dr Who series so that it could go undetected. I sure would have lots of fun.

Reactions: Bknight006
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I had my preferance, I'd go back to about 1946. I figure I have about 20 years left, so that would give me up until about 1965 or so, which would be just about right. I'd be around for the peak of American prosperity and dominance, and I'd be stepping out right about the time everything started to go to pieces.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to meet Erasmus, the great scholar of the 16th century. And William Tyndale, the Bible translator who is supposed by some ppl to have had even more influence on the English language than Shakespeare (through the King James Bible which substantially preserves his work).

Reactions: Bknight006
Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
All of it.

Thank you.. I was wondering when someone would say that.
My first stop would be to the 1980's where I would hand Bill Gates a big wad of cash in exchange for some stock.
My second stop would be in the 1990's where I would hand Steve Jobs another wad of cash for the same.
My third stop would be to the next door neighbor where I grew up.. I would hand them a box of condoms and tell them to never have children.

Then it would be party time.

Does this thing for forward into the future too? Because I'd rather go forward than backwards..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well hopefully it accounts for the movement of earth but I suppose assuming it does I would love to go to the 1800s and make money as a magician using all the science I know :3

Very true. Not taking Earth's movement around the Sun into account can mean winding up in outer space. Also it's 1000 mph rotation on its axis must be included. Neither do we want to wind up inside a boulder or underwater. A bit tricky I would say.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Middle-Age and then Renaissance, without any doubt. Oh and I'd love to learn more about the Holy Roman Germanic Empire. I learn German since I was 10 and the only thing we ever studied of this marvellous country is WW II. Enough of it! They have a great history, and I want to LEARN it. I want to know more of the Germans than "they are evil Nazis".

Upvote 0

Bknight006

Lost in the Multiverse
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Well, assuming I could speak the languages/it would magically translate, it'd primarily be based off of the major figures of the time and the culture.

1) Ancient Times: Bloody heck, this would be amazing. I'd love to talk to the various philosophers like Socrates, Aristotle, and Marcus Aurelius. And, of course, the chance to experience the Greek and/or Roman culture of the time would be incredible (so long as I didn't get on the Roman Empire's bad side, which is admittedly likely... I have a tendency to be outspoken against authoritarians.)

2) 16th Century: Preferably, 16th century Italy. The hotspot of the Renaissance, home to Leonardo da Vinci, Desiderius Erasmus, Niccolò Machiavelli, and a million other major figures, all of whom would be incredible to have a conversation with about politics, technology, social issues... really, anything. Plus, the culture would be awesome to experience; after all, that was the central part to the Renaissance.

Now, I really would not want to travel to the Medieval Ages. Way too authoritarian, way too unstable, and way too intolerant, and given how I'm kinda hovering between Christianity and agnosticism right now, I'd probably get labeled as a heretic and executed as such. Wouldn't be fun times for me.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I LOVE history, and I have fantasized about being in different time periods. However, when I seriously consider what it might be like, since I am a woman, I think it would be a terrible idea. We weren't exactly safe or respected in the past. The farther back you go, the worse it was.

Upvote 0