✟16,769.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
jsw_24 said:
"So what if there is no God." That's what i think. I'm happy. I don't want for anything. I'm happy and satisfied in what i believe. If @ the end it all turns out to be false, then i don't felt like i've lost anything in life......But what if there IS? Dum-Dum-Duuuuum.
If there is, he'll understand why I don't believe in him. :)

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rocky582 said:
To be able to call yourself a Christian, you must all be bias and know that God is God and God is there and have experience god's Glory. But just hypothetically, if at the end of your life, there is no God (assuming that is there's still another after life by no god), beside from being depress to the fact that you've believe and have hope in something that didn't does not exist, will you regret dedicating your life to Christianity? Why and why not?

This thread if for Christian to reply and for non-Christian to read. Thx

If there is no GOD then there never was any eternal truth, eternal love, or freedom. All this would be imaginary.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rocky582 said:
But just hypothetically, if at the end of your life, there is no God (assuming that is there's still another after life by no god), beside from being depress to the fact that you've believe and have hope in something that didn't does not exist, will you regret dedicating your life to Christianity? Why and why not?
HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, if there was no God, I highly doubt I'd regret dedicating my life to Christianity. After all, what is there to regret? Everything I choose not to endulge in has the potential of hurting me or even killing me, so to regret such situations like that would be silly to me. Situations like wild parties where people can get drunk and things can get dangerous. Situations like one-night stands with lots of men and no commitment to any of them. Situations like what the Bible speaks against would be harmful to me, whether or not there is a God. I feel like I'm called to be a blessing in people's lives, even in the smallest of ways, and I certainly don't want to regret being a blessing at my own expense. There is nothing to lose in a life of Christianity for me. I've had desires for death, but never went through with it. It was my dedication to Christianity and to God that kept me strong and continually will make me stronger. So even the IDEA of God is worth living for, in my opinion. It gives me something to hope for, to cling to, to cry for, etc.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Rocky582,to be no spoil-sport I shall join your little game.If there is no God,I shall have had "life abundantly,as Jesus promised"and then I won`t either keep existing in some form or another,or oblivion altogether.If I find God is real,perhaps you can imaging the Joy awaiting me,and the life eternally with God and all loving,trusting and obeying Souls of men and women.And may I point out Rocky,God will not be mocked,He will know who truly loves and adores Him.I say this lovingly and humbly.Sincere greetings from Emmy,a sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
some people seem to equate all Christians as being stodgy curmudgeons. Just because someone doesn't go to a party and get rip roaring drunk doesn't mean squat. If someone needs alcholol to loosen up and have fun then they need to re-examine themselves, imo.
There's plenty of people who don't do that and don't view it as fun and their religious affliation or lack of it have nothing to do with it.

Right on to what you said, RQ.

Upvote 0

peepnklown

rabbi peepnklown
Jun 17, 2005
California
Visit site
✟23,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
lunalinda said:
HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, if there was no God, I highly doubt I'd regret dedicating my life to Christianity. After all, what is there to regret? Everything I choose not to endulge in has the potential of hurting me or even killing me, so to regret such situations like that would be silly to me. Situations like wild parties where people can get drunk and things can get dangerous. Situations like one-night stands with lots of men and no commitment to any of them. Situations like what the Bible speaks against would be harmful to me, whether or not there is a God. I feel like I'm called to be a blessing in people's lives, even in the smallest of ways, and I certainly don't want to regret being a blessing at my own expense. There is nothing to lose in a life of Christianity for me. I've had desires for death, but never went through with it. It was my dedication to Christianity and to God that kept me strong and continually will make me stronger. So even the IDEA of God is worth living for, in my opinion. It gives me something to hope for, to cling to, to cry for, etc.

You don’t need Christianity to make good decisions.

Do you think all non-Christians get drunk and have one night stands while aborting their child?

Common sense, morality and good judgment need no supernatural being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
peepnklown said:

Do you think all non-Christians get drunk and have one night stands while aborting their child?

As a non-Christian, I must confess that I've gotten drunk and had one night stands. No abortions, though.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
peepnklown said:
Well of course not. But I'm speaking from my own personal view and am trying to relate my Christianity to the subject of the thread. Christianity may not be needed to make good decisions, but in a lot of people's cases, it can certainly benefit.

peepnklown said:
*shakes head* Nope, and that wasn't what I was insinuating either. Non-Christians, however, DO do those things though, just not ALL of them. And heck, even some Christians can still do that, but of course need to repent. I was just giving examples of behaviors that I MYSELF disapprove of and that can harm ME. Wasn't speaking for everyone else, though of course I do still think that there are other harmful things out there that aren't as obvious as the examples that you and I already stated.

peepnklown said:
Ahhh yes, but a supernatural being isn't there as merely an aid for having common sense, morality, and good judgment. There's more to God than just being a genie to pop out of a lamp being rubbed, but as I said, I was speaking in reference to myself. God does so much more for me and other Christians than what I stated. But likewise, it still does me no harm whatsoever to give credit to a supernatural being for me being the way that I am. And to be honest, I would much rather give credit to a supernatural being than myself, because for me, it will give me a sense of humbleness, humility, modesty, and best of all...the avoidance of big-headedness. Now as far as the big-headedness of my PHYSICAL head, that's a whole 'nother thread. :D

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ill think of what it would be like with no god.

with no god there would be no peace, no religion, -hey this is starting to sound like that oldies tune, that beetles guy...?lol

if humans existed, through evolution or whatever fantasy world, there would be a global slave trade...

the possibilities of human greed are endless without the spiritual guidance of god and angels.

chaos, utter chaos, anarchy, this would be satans play ground.

using my imagination i believe existence would be better off as a void of nothingness than to be left in the hands of humans alone, and god agrees i tell ya.

I bet during the cold war, if humans would advance that far with no religion, the earth would be highly radioactive by now and people on earth will struggle to survive, eventually, the human species will make itself extinct

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Electric Sceptic said:
As a non-Christian, I must confess that I've gotten drunk and had one night stands. No abortions, though.
When I think about it though.. the majority of the Others in the one night stands were not Muslim or Buddhist or Taoist or Wiccan or Pagan or Hindu. Actually, in thinking of just one time situations, I think they all wore crosses. And there weren't too many one nighters, nor was that ever my intention. Most of them lead to more, and most weren't with people I had just met.

Whatever path you're on, if you're happy on it, then if there is no God, you're on the right path.. and if there is, you're still on your right path. Most people experience many paths along the way, or are on the right path with modifications along the way. It's called growth, no? Some people just become masters of the same, others explore and seek their own.

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
stone said:

with no god there would be no peace, no religion, -hey this is starting to sound like that oldies tune, that beetles guy...?lol

No religion, perhaps, but certainly MORE peace, I think. The problem seems to be the differences, not the similarities which are ignored.

I think we'd see exactly what we see.

if humans existed, through evolution or whatever fantasy world, there would be a global slave trade...

Humans exist, there is no global slave trade.

I like to see the human race as growing, we got a long long way to go, but there are factions who are making much headway, the numbers are growing in spite of those who wish to hold them back.

the possibilities of human greed are endless without the spiritual guidance of god and angels.

And we park on driveways, and drive on parkways.

using my imagination i believe existence would be better off as a void of nothingness than to be left in the hands of humans alone, and god agrees i tell ya.

I bet during the cold war, if humans would advance that far with no religion, the earth would be highly radioactive by now and people on earth will struggle to survive, eventually, the human species will make itself extinct

I guess you see what you want to focus on. The media is very effective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Rocky582 said:
To be able to call yourself a Christian, you must all be bias and know that God is God and God is there and have experience god's Glory. But just hypothetically, if at the end of your life, there is no God (assuming that is there's still another after life by no god), beside from being depress to the fact that you've believe and have hope in something that didn't does not exist, will you regret dedicating your life to Christianity? Why and why not?

This thread if for Christian to reply and for non-Christian to read. Thx

If there's nothing supernatural after death then we would simply cease to exist. It's not a hard concept really. Well, the concept of thinking what would happen isn't hard to understand... But understanding non-existance of oneself is a whole other story...

Upvote 0

Multi-Elis

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
hypothetically speaking, though if there is no God, there is no after life, I would not regret having beleived in God. What reason have I to regret it? Is there anything in my life that believing in him makes me unable to do? Will I regret the hardships that I passed through? Will I regret being made fun of for what I believed to be true? Would I regret trying continuously to be more honest with myself and others? Would I regret working towards being a more loving tolerent and caring person? These are things I hold to be worthy in themselves, God or no God.

Upvote 0

truthmonger89

Positive rate, gear up.
May 15, 2005
✟4,734.00
Faith
Atheist
Multi-Elis said:
hypothetically speaking, though if there is no God, there is no after life, I would not regret having beleived in God. What reason have I to regret it? Is there anything in my life that believing in him makes me unable to do? Will I regret the hardships that I passed through? Will I regret being made fun of for what I believed to be true? Would I regret trying continuously to be more honest with myself and others? Would I regret working towards being a more loving tolerent and caring person? These are things I hold to be worthy in themselves, God or no God.

If there is no God, then wouldn't you regret that you had lived a good and moral life without ever knowing what the real source of your goodness was? If there is no God, then what makes you a good person? If there is no God, then wouldn't it bother you that the foundation for your entire life was essentially a lie? Wouldn't that bother you? Wouldn't you want to know if that were the case?

Considering how many other religions there are in the world which amount to nothing more than irrational superstitious nonsense, do you have the courage to be honest enough with yourself to consider the possibility that maybe Christianity is no different? If there is no God, no heaven, no reward waiting for you after you die, isn't it enough just to be kind, honest and good just for its own sake? Isn't the joy and satisfaction of simply being kind to others enough of a reward? Why do so many people think we need religion to accomplish such simple satisfying behavior?

Upvote 0

spanner365

Apr 18, 2005
✟15,224.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
stone said:

If reading the stars didn't help you discern the future, there would be no such thing as astrology. :scratch:

stone said:

Something like this slave trade? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3985885.stm

stone said:

You are stuck in a corner, if God exists then you have no evidence of what it would be like if he didn't. If he doesn't exist, where is the utter chaos you speak of?

Upvote 0