What if Jesus had been executed by lethal injection?

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But again, are the Jews claiming to represent all 12 tribes?
They should represent all of them genetically, because many of the people from Israel fled to Judah after the Assyrians destroyed their society. I assume there are modern Jews who can trace their lineage back to all of the 12 tribes.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They should represent all of them genetically, because many of the people from Israel fled to Judah after the Assyrians destroyed their society. I assume there are modern Jews who can trace their lineage back to all of the 12 tribes.
Ok so they are a mix of the tribe of Judah and the 11 others they called gentile.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And Yahweh certainly knows perfectly each and every one , right ?

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ok so they are a mix of the tribe of Judah and the 11 others they called gentile.
If I understand you correctly then the answer would be "no". The "Lost Tribes" is basically nonsense. The Assyrians relocated some of the people of the kingdom of Israel to distant locations in the east, and the Assyrians also brought non-native people from other areas into the land, but there were some natives who remained in their native land. Some of those natives of the fallen kingdom of Israel fled to the kingdom of Judah and some remained in the north. A woman from the tribe of Ephraim who married a man from the tribe of Judah would birth children who considered themselves members of the tribe of Judah. Of course the reverse could happen if the genders were reversed in the marriage. But the inter-tribal marriages would be a higher percentage of the refugee northerner population, and they would gradually be absorbed into the majority tribe. Meanwhile the northerners who were relocated and the northerners who remained in place might have gradually lost their Jewish ethnic identity.

I'm kind of confusing myself, so I'm sure I am confusing others. Sorry. LOL

Also, I probably am not fully understanding or misunderstanding what you meant.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And Yahweh certainly knows perfectly each and every one , right ?
It seems that God would know if God exists. Even if God is more like Vishnu than Yahweh he would probably know each person. I suppose there is a possibility that the atheists are correct or maybe God is nothing like we imagine. Being raised as a Christian I tend to imagine God according to Christian theology, and I tend to imagine a Jesus too, but who knows.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It seems that God would know if God exists. Even if God is more like Vishnu than Yahweh he would probably know each person. I suppose there is a possibility that the atheists are correct or maybe God is nothing like we imagine. Being raised as a Christian I tend to imagine God according to Christian theology, and I tend to imagine a Jesus too, but who knows.
Are you claiming that you were raised in the way you should go ?
You learned to repent of selfishness, sin, and trusted Yahweh to accomplish your salvation daily ?
You walked daily in union with Yahushua and with the Father ?

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you claiming that you were raised in the way you should go ?
You learned to repent of selfishness, sin, and trusted Yahweh to accomplish your salvation daily ?
You walked daily in union with Yahushua and with the Father ?
No, and probably nobody would claim that if they examined themselves honestly. I was raised in the Episcopal Church in America.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, and probably nobody would claim that if they examined themselves honestly. I was raised in the Episcopal Church in America.
I agree with this.
And it is the main reason that I still have hope for you in truth and in the wisdom that God grants us, and in His patience.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All is possible.
There is also much hidden too.

But when asked if he was Elijah the Prophet,
did he not answer, no.

I may be getting him mixed up though.
I noticed an apparent conflict on John the Baptist. John the Baptist denies being Elijah, but Jesus implies that John the Baptist was Elijah

John 1:21 ESV
'And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”'
John 1 ESV

Matthew 17:12-13 ESV
'But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.'
Matthew 17 ESV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,991.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I noticed an apparent conflict on John the Baptist. John the Baptist denies being Elijah, but Jesus implies that John the Baptist was Elijah

John 1:21 ESV
'And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”'
John 1 ESV

Matthew 17:12-13 ESV
'But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.'
Matthew 17 ESV

Yes it does say that.

In one way I hope the NT is true,
for the Christians sake,

it would be a pity if they were put to shame and had to wash our socks for all eternity.

Elijah never died, there are many stories of Elijah
appearing in disguise, even today but it is for a purpose.

Upvote 0