Yorktown VA
✟183,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of the things I disliked about Pentecostal meetings was when folk would burst out into tongues when there was a pause in the singing and then some person would stand up and offer a comment in English (presumably intended to be an interpretation).

shouldaboughtahonda butiboughtakia .... The Lord will come to you with great blessings if only you will walk with him ....

Well you get the idea

One of my LCMS pastor friends, went with some of his friends to a Pentecostal meeting where the keynote speakers were all women. One of them stood up and spoke in tongues:

αἱ γυναῖκες ἐν ταῖς ἐκκλησίαις σιγάτωσαν· οὐ γὰρ ἐπιτρέπεται αὐταῖς λαλεῖν, ἀλλὰ ὑποτασσέσθωσαν, καθὼς καὶ ὁ νόμος λέγει.

The speaker excitedly asked if someone could translate this message from Gawwwwd...

"Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says."

They were told to leave and were ushered out.

;)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of my LCMS pastor friends, went with some of his friends to a Pentecostal meeting where the keynote speakers were all women. One of them stood up and spoke in tongues:

αἱ γυναῖκες ἐν ταῖς ἐκκλησίαις σιγάτωσαν· οὐ γὰρ ἐπιτρέπεται αὐταῖς λαλεῖν, ἀλλὰ ὑποτασσέσθωσαν, καθὼς καὶ ὁ νόμος λέγει.

The speaker excitedly asked if someone could translate this message from Gawwwwd...

"Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says."

They were told to leave and were ushered out.

;)

^_^ oh that's naughty .

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We get some very yummy Philippines dishes when we have an after mass meal. We also get some lovely west African foods and a bunch of Indian and Chinese as well as Italian and French foods. We get Irish and Australian dishes too. It's all very lovely :)

I was actually speaking of wishing the service was over so we could go to the local eatery making the cook and waitress miss Church due to our after Church rush.

I assure you I have no issue with eating after a service. I'm pretty good at that.

Upvote 0