Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
For me, it has been since 2005, when he passed. I moved to another city, I got a job, I'm doing well. I go to the Senior Center. I go out for walks. I read my Bible every morning. I read a lot of books. I make friends and we go out to eat or something. I do whatever it takes. I feel OK, but I would love to feel better yet.

What have you done to make a new life for yourself? I want to hear from you widowers too!

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me, it has been since 2005, when he passed. I moved to another city, I got a job, I'm doing well. I go to the Senior Center. I go out for walks. I read my Bible every morning. I read a lot of books. I make friends and we go out to eat or something. I do whatever it takes. I feel OK, but I would love to feel better yet.

What have you done to make a new life for yourself? I want to hear from you widowers too!

Ok I am going to say this but I want no pity or sad thoughts, for I would not trade my life for anyone’s life on this planet.

I am 60 years old and have never been married. Have pretty much been alone all my life. But my life is better than anybody’s life I know. When I was younger the most important thing in my life was making myself 100% obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ. Told Him that it had to be “all of Him and nothing of me” He told me, “that I didn’t know what I was asking for.” I said, “maybe not, but it still has to be.”
Since that day my life went straight down hill. From one sin to another. Till, I told Him that if I was to live, I would sin. So I cried out for death, seeing that only me actually dying would stop me from sinning. In the course of about 2-3 day He ministered to my heart that what I wanted “to die”, so I would stop sinning, was exactly what my salvation in Christ consisted of. I “saw” what it meant to be “dead in Christ”. My life and my relationship with Christ exploded. Mountains (good times) and valleys (tribulations) all mean equal nothing, the only thing of any value is “denying self” in all I think, do, and say. So as far as what to do with your life, focus on Christ with all your heart, asking for nothing, but that you may know Him him in all reality and truth. And your life will never be the same.

Much love, In Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I went to nursing school and am now a nurse. I also moved my kids and myself across the country to get a new start where we didn't live under the shadow of sadness and sold our house alone. He died in 2009. I have been a registered nurse since 2014.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You said things, @Not me that make a lot of sense. Thanks for your thoughts. So, basically, if I understand it, you prayed to DIE in Christ. So what part of you died? Was it truly all of you? (I am wanting to understand more fully).

Often I feel I am engaged to Jesus. That is how I feel. I do not want to marry again (except to Him in Heaven), but my wishes cannot be the more important. If God wants me to marry again here in this world, He will let me know and I will abide by His will.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You said things, @Not me that make a lot of sense. Thanks for your thoughts. So, basically, if I understand it, you prayed to DIE in Christ. So what part of you died? Was it truly all of you? (I am wanting to understand more fully).

Often I feel I am engaged to Jesus. That is how I feel. I do not want to marry again (except to Him in Heaven), but my wishes cannot be the more important. If God wants me to marry again here in this world, He will let me know and I will abide by His will.

The part of (us) that we (I) am to “reckon dead” as per scripture is
all that was born in Adam. It is the life of this world that is our separation from God. It is this life that must be poured out (denied.)
I realize that these words are hard to understand but life is here to be found. Please ask God to open these truths to you and you will never be the same. Because you will be a new creation, not all at once but line upon line. The foundation will have been laid, and you will know that you know.

A excellent book that the Lord used in my life was this book
FREEDOM FROM A SELF CENTERED LIFE (CLASSICS OF DEVOTION) By William Law 871231042 | eBay(Just so you know when he talks about the “Spirit of love being formed in you” he just talking about Christ being formed in you. Just 17th century speak.)
I know this one is expensive but there out of print, but you might be able to find a cheaper one if you search a bit. Please stay in touch, for that which you seek after is for you. It’s for everyone that seeks after God with all their hearts.

Prayers and love in Christ, Not me

Edit, remember the “sin nature” has not died, but “you” have died. You are not your sin nature but the old man (sin nature) is that which rules in fallen man. Realize that you are separate from your sin nature and you died to it. It’s very much alive. But as you learn the truth of “reckoning yourself dead” it will lose all power. It will be like a ill fitting coat that you carry around with you. But you will see that if you just keep your eyes on Christ and reckon yourself dead, this ill fitting cost has no control over you unless you allow it to.

You might say, “that’s the problem sometimes I want it to” It’s “THAT” part of you that you reckon dead , the part that wants it, it’s that part that died “reckon it so.” (to help you see what part of you died)

Best wishes much love in Christ, Not me

Edit again, if you do get the book make sure and read the preface there’s important information there that helps you understand the book. Not me

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WOW! That is a lot of info. I will see if I can find the book used. Sometimes it is amazing what one can find online. Thanks again.

The salvation we have received in Christ is the greatest gift a creature could possibley receive from their Creator. The understanding of what that salvation consists of, is that which set the individual free.

Much love and prayers, in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0