What Has Happened to our Christian Morality?

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really just thought - assumed? - that Christian schools were mostly a matter of branding. I would gladly learn better.

Some are, others not so much. DePaul is the largest Catholic university in the nation and it's not exactly reflected in their actions. A lot of people who go to Christian schools are there not because of their own convictions but because that's where their parents send them.

I've never really seen why Christians need special schools, or why anyone would want to go to one.

I guess now I have another reason to avoid them!

If I'm not mistaken, Wheaton College has divinity programs that you won't find at a secular university. A lot of pastors I've known came from Wheaton College.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Christian morality that proclaimed it was our divine right to conquer native peoples?
The Christian morality that proclaimed it was wrong for races to intermarry?
The Christian morality that habitually covered up abuse by priests?
The Christian morality that overwhelmingly voted for a man peddling hate and fearmongering?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why do Christians seem to have to do everything that the world does? Is there literally nothing that sets a Christian apart these days?
Loving your enemy (folks like ISIS and Democrats), and radical grace.
That is what SHOULD set Christians apart. But it does not. At least in my opinion.

I don't think being Christian precludes you from many sports or pasttimes that occur in this world.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Christian morality that proclaimed it was our divine right to conquer native peoples?
The Christian morality that proclaimed it was wrong for races to intermarry?
The Christian morality that habitually covered up abuse by priests?
The Christian morality that overwhelmingly voted for a man peddling hate and fearmongering?
You're right - the visible Church (whatever you consider the true Church) has been on the wrong side of many, many things.

So many!

That doesn't mean, however, that the Church isn't the Church or is evil. All it means is that people behave poorly everywhere.

However, if you're suggesting that it's ridiculous for a Christian school to act all holier-than-thou when it's obviously not, then yes, I agree completely.

Upvote 0