What has been good for you, during the COVID time?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, what has helped you a lot, for how to deal with the COVID-19 thing?

I would say our personal ethical standards and morals have had a lot to do with how we have related with the crisis.

In my case, I need to be more caring about others. I have not had a very hard time, myself; but I need to care about others and reach to help others. Also, I need to not self-righteously criticize people who have helped to bring trouble on their own selves when they could have avoided certain suffering.

And I keep finding and enjoying how we can love and share, without doing what can be dangerous. I trust God to take care of this, to arrange and schedule even surprise times of sharing and loving.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I became aware of the situation through an article. It discussed the outbreak on the ship. An alarm went off while I read it. The same thing occurred with every update. I felt a strong need to take action and warn my family. I put a plan in place for myself and advised them too. That was in January.

I discontinued my sewing class and anticipated shortages in food and household items. I had a list of vendors I could buy direct from and filled the cupboards. I bought a freezer and purchased meat in bulk and signed up for delivery services for food and vegetables. I knew we'd reach a point where infected people would knowingly interact with others. Whether it was due to necessity or selfishness. I expected it.

I brought my daughter home permanently and informed the family she wouldn't return to work. I took advantage of opportunities to secure business products and services at a discount. There were numerous offers. I got a life coach and eventually joined a mastermind. I needed a Covid-free environment.

I avoided groups, forums, and the like for awhile. That's all people were talking about. It created a lot of fear and anxiety. Coaching was a buffer against it. We were okay and my family was safe. I didn't want to go down that rabbit hole. I checked on everyone I knew to make sure they were okay. And affirmed my love. I did the same during the riots too.

Repression was the greatest challenge. I didn't feel comfortable discussing my life when so many were suffering. It would be insensitive. The bombardment of negativity and upset wasn't good. That isn't my norm. Managing my exposure was a must.

My grandmother passed away earlier this year. The remainder was spent listening and supporting others. Now I'm tired. I need a break from stress and problems. I'm making time for solitude and quiet. Self-care will be a theme in the coming year. I've poured into others. I have to do the same for myself.

I'm steeping my mind in the things God desires me to focus on. Its helped a lot. The constant reinforcement of positive subjects feeds my spirit. That's what I'm used to. I'm reexamining fellowship and directing my efforts where He wants them. Ending the year on the right note is my goal.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, Bèlla :)

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

And, while Martha was huffing and puffing, Mary stayed at Jesus' feet > she had chosen the good part that would not be taken from her > Luke 10:38-42.

In any situation we can enjoy with God all the good which COVID can not take from us. And God gives "increase" (1 Corinthians 3:6-7) of this good, during any situation.

Because our God is almighty, and His peace is almighty, and His grace is almighty to succeed. Therefore, I would say, Jesus says, "your joy no one will take from you." (in John 16:22)

But the truth is, I am not a major joy machine of God's love. I need, then, to use this time to get really with God, so we are. But, instead, I can look down on others, rather than deal with how I really am, myself. So, thanks to anyone for your prayer; God bless you, too :)

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being a natural introvert and hermit has helped me, for certain. I can't imagine being an extrovert who craves social gatherings and interactions during this absurdly dragged-out lockdown.

When I feel tempted to give in to despair and frustration about the whole thing, I just remind myself of all the reassurances we have from the Lord, that He is in control, we don't need to be afraid, and He has everything in hand.

I'm much more concerned and upset for others than I am for myself. I hate seeing people losing their jobs, businesses being closed, people frantic and heartbroken and scared about paying their bills or being thrown into unbearable debt. I hate the unrest, the anger, the rumor-mongering.

I will get through this all right. I have a secure job, thank God. I don't mind being alone.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last spring it was as if I woke to nature. It started with tiny flowers in the grass that I never noticed before. And took off from there. Such beauty and diversity. Small consolation though. I work in a hospital and see the sickness, grief and overwork.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But the truth is, I am not a major joy machine of God's love. I need, then, to use this time to get really with God, so we are. But, instead, I can look down on others, rather than deal with how I really am, myself. So, thanks to anyone for your prayer; God bless you, too :)

I don't know if I am either. :)

I'm naturally happy and positive. I prefer to focus on edifying subjects and the good things taking place in the world. I don't know if that's due to my disposition or a combination of it and my circumstances.

The Lord is taking me down a road that allows me to understand the people I'm ministering to. I'm experiencing the same challenges. It deepens my compassion and empathy. The more I grow the more evident it becomes I need the right people in my corner. They help with relatability and provide an iron I wouldn't receive elsewhere.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, what has helped you a lot, for how to deal with the COVID-19 thing?

I would say our personal ethical standards and morals have had a lot to do with how we have related with the crisis.

In my case, I need to be more caring about others. I have not had a very hard time, myself; but I need to care about others and reach to help others. Also, I need to not self-righteously criticize people who have helped to bring trouble on their own selves when they could have avoided certain suffering.

And I keep finding and enjoying how we can love and share, without doing what can be dangerous. I trust God to take care of this, to arrange and schedule even surprise times of sharing and loving.
You know my life hasn't really changed much because of the virus. I live very isolatedly and so I'm not too worried about it. But I found a way to deal with the stress of this year feeding birds. I put up a dozen feeders and I have found it very soothing to watch the little critters cavorting around. Plus I've been tinkering with building my own out of found items. I've always been happiest when tinkering with projects.

My kids got me a bird identification book and we've been having fun with that. I'm looking forward to spring to see if any new species show up. So far I only have house finches and house sparrows and a few starlings.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know my life hasn't really changed much because of the virus. I live very isolatedly and so I'm not too worried about it. But I found a way to deal with the stress of this year feeding birds. I put up a dozen feeders and I have found it very soothing to watch the little critters cavorting around. Plus I've been tinkering with building my own out of found items. I've always been happiest when tinkering with projects.

My kids got me a bird identification book and we've been having fun with that. I'm looking forward to spring to see if any new species show up. So far I only have house finches and house sparrows and a few starlings.

I'm an avid bird lover and watcher. If you ever want to swap stories or photos or get help with IDing birds, hit me up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm an avid bird lover and watcher. If you ever want to swap stories or photos or get help with IDing birds, hit me up!
Thanks, I will. I'm just getting started. They are going crazy out there right now. The feeders are spinning! there's so many landing and taking off. I can tell when a storm is coming. They feed like they are getting prepared.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever go to the hummingbird festival in Kentucky?

Non-stop hummingbirds that they tag and release. They have been attracting them for years so many have made it a way point on their migration to the South.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, I will. I'm just getting started. They are going crazy out there right now. The feeders are spinning! there's so many landing and taking off. I can tell when a storm is coming. They feed like they are getting prepared.

I'm in an apartment presently, and I very much miss my bird feeders :) I love it when they get swarmed!

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ever go to the hummingbird festival in Kentucky?

Non-stop hummingbirds that they tag and release. They have been attracting them for years so many have made it a way point on their migration to the South.

Nope! KY is pretty far away from me, sadly :) It sounds like a beautiful event, though! Hummingbirds are magical.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope! KY is pretty far away from me, sadly :) It sounds like a beautiful event, though! Hummingbirds are magical.
Very much so...
I was standing right at the table while he banded the leg and then released the hummingbird.

There aren't just one or two of them...there's hundreds of them there. They run about spitting/squirting the sugar syrup/nectar at each other in a weird game of tag.... floating from feeder to feeder.

Land between the Lakes state park in KY is where it was year before last...
It came after the synchronized fireflies in the Smokey Mountains.... another wonderful thing to see live and in person. It's like being in a rock concert with no band.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very much so...
I was standing right at the table while he banded the leg and then released the hummingbird.

There aren't just one or two of them...there's hundreds of them there. They run about spitting/squirting the sugar syrup/nectar at each other in a weird game of tag.... floating from feeder to feeder.

Land between the Lakes state park in KY is where it was year before last...
It came after the synchronized fireflies in the Smokey Mountains.... another wonderful thing to see live and in person. It's like being in a rock concert with no band.

Synchronized fireflies?! That sounds incredible!

I'd happy live in KY or any state with mountains and forests and wilderness. One day, maybe.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Synchronized fireflies?! That sounds incredible!

I'd happy live in KY or any state with mountains and forests and wilderness. One day, maybe.
Do a Google search for the fireflies...they have quite a following.

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty much an introvert...so being at home does not bother me at all lol. To be honest, at first I was frightened by this virus...I wrote pslams 91 on my chalkboard door and read it often.
I am not scared anymore..just in a funk so to say lol..wishing things would go back to normal. I really think I had it in Nov of last year, a week before Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I absolutely love animal crossing..so I've been playing that..building an island is fun...plus working on some crafts and painting here and there. My grandchildren help take my mind of things too.

Upvote 0

WrappedUpinHisLove

Still Wrapped Up in His Love
Jan 19, 2021
Bristol
✟15,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, Bèlla :)

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

And, while Martha was huffing and puffing, Mary stayed at Jesus' feet > she had chosen the good part that would not be taken from her > Luke 10:38-42.

In any situation we can enjoy with God all the good which COVID can not take from us. And God gives "increase" (1 Corinthians 3:6-7) of this good, during any situation.

Because our God is almighty, and His peace is almighty, and His grace is almighty to succeed. Therefore, I would say, Jesus says, "your joy no one will take from you." (in John 16:22)

Lovely positive post thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

WrappedUpinHisLove

Still Wrapped Up in His Love
Jan 19, 2021
Bristol
✟15,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty much an introvert...so being at home does not bother me at all lol. To be honest, at first I was frightened by this virus...I wrote pslams 91 on my chalkboard door and read it often.
I am not scared anymore..just in a funk so to say lol..wishing things would go back to normal. I really think I had it in Nov of last year, a week before Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I absolutely love animal crossing..so I've been playing that..building an island is fun...plus working on some crafts and painting here and there. My grandchildren help take my mind of things too.

I relate to this a lot. Introversion, fear by all chance to catchup on hobbies.

Upvote 0